Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Requesting a bill

Options
  • 19-08-2012 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Was just wondering if you can request for a certain day or even a certain week. The reason I ask is that 2 people are moving out of our apartment and 2 others are moving in at the end of the month, and it would be a lot easier to sort out the amount the ones leaving owe if we could get a bill close to the end of the month.

The account is not in my name (we just pay in the post office whenever the bill comes), it's in the landlady's name. If it came to it, I'm sure she'd have no problem requesting a bill for us.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Padkir,

In this instance we can issue what's known as an ad-hoc bill. There are a few conditions, but it should be just what you need:
    • The landlady would need to contact us with an up-to-date meter reading.
    • We will only be able to issue an ad-hoc bill if the last official reading was not estimated.
    • If the bill is required for a specific date, it is best to contact us on that date (in this case, the day the 2 people are moving out).
    For more general info on moving out, see here. If you have any other questions we'll be happy to help out.

Thanks,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

Hi Padkir,

In this instance we can issue what's known as an ad-hoc bill. There are a few conditions, but it should be just what you need:
    • The landlady would need to contact us with an up-to-date meter reading.
    • We will only be able to issue an ad-hoc bill if the last official reading was not estimated.
    • If the bill is required for a specific date, it is best to contact us on that date (in this case, the day the 2 people are moving out).
    For more general info on moving out, see here. If you have any other questions we'll be happy to help out.

Thanks,

David.

Hi David,

Thanks for the information. I think the last reading may have been an estimate, but I can find out for certain when I get home.

Thanks for the information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Padkir wrote: »
    Thanks for the information. I think the last reading may have been an estimate, but I can find out for certain when I get home.

Hi Padkir,

If it turns out that the last reading was an estimate, there is still a way we could help. We could manually calculate what the bill would have come to, provided you have the relevant info:
    • The last reading and the current reading
    • The tariff (i.e. whether it's Nightsaver/Standard, and Urban/Rural)
    • The amount of days the bill should cover
    We wouldn't be able to issue an actual bill, but the manually calculated amount should help you work out how much each tenant owes up to that point. Also, the above information is purely general and wouldn't be in breach of data protection, so you could send it to me via PM if you like.

Hope this helps,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

Hi Padkir,

If it turns out that the last reading was an estimate, there is still a way we could help. We could manually calculate what the bill would have come to, provided you have the relevant info:
    • The last reading and the current reading
    • The tariff (i.e. whether it's Nightsaver/Standard, and Urban/Rural)
    • The amount of days the bill should cover
    We wouldn't be able to issue an actual bill, but the manually calculated amount should help you work out how much each tenant owes up to that point. Also, the above information is purely general and wouldn't be in breach of data protection, so you could send it to me via PM if you like.

Hope this helps,

David.

Hi David,

That's great! I will do that, I'll send you a PM with all the details you asked for on the date they re moving out!

Thanks for your help.

Advertisement