Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failing Repeats.

Options
  • 19-08-2012 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭

Okay so, I failed 1st year and did an external repeat and failed one module which i'm repeating on the 27th.

I'm not feeling too good about it, Just can't get the hang of it no matter how much I study it. If I fail this, do I just get kicked out of college? Never allowed back?

I know it might seem like a completely ridiculous question, but a friend of mine and myself were talking about it, and we both don't know.. He is repeating 3 and doesn't think he'll pass!

Anybody know please? Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Not an answer sorry, I hope you do manage it. I have a question for you though - what is an external repeat?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭liambob1

Okay so, I failed 1st year and did an external repeat and failed one module which i'm repeating on the 27th.

I'm not feeling too good about it, Just can't get the hang of it no matter how much I study it. If I fail this, do I just get kicked out of college? Never allowed back?

I know it might seem like a completely ridiculous question, but a friend of mine and myself were talking about it, and we both don't know.. He is repeating 3 and doesn't think he'll pass!

Anybody know please? Thanks :)

If you fail a repeat then you have to repeat the module and you can't proceed into any module that the one you failed was a prerequisite for so far example you if you failed the repeat in first year you would be allowed proceed into second year but you wouldn't be allowed to take maths II because you failed maths I but you would be fine for the rest of the modules

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭OkayWhatever

liambob1 wrote: »
    If you fail a repeat then you have to repeat the module and you can't proceed into any module that the one you failed was a prerequisite for so far example you if you failed the repeat in first year you would be allowed proceed into second year but you wouldn't be allowed to take maths II because you failed maths I but you would be fine for the rest of the modules

Yeah but is this the same with failing repeats of a repeat, if you get me?

I failed first year so repeated first year. Have one more repeat.. If I fail this will they let me repeat again?

Rasmus wrote: »
    Not an answer sorry, I hope you do manage it. I have a question for you though - what is an external repeat?

Thanks :) It's when you fail and need to repeat it but instead of paying a few grand to repeat internally, as if you're just a normal student, you pay €60, but can't go to lectures and stuff. it's fine if you have all your notes and whatevs, I went to a few lectures though and they didn't have a problem with me being there..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Thanks :) It's when you fail and need to repeat it but instead of paying a few grand to repeat internally, as if you're just a normal student, you pay €60, but can't go to lectures and stuff. it's fine if you have all your notes and whatevs, I went to a few lectures though and they didn't have a problem with me being there..

Do you mean you didn't go to college that year, and took the exams at the end?

• Advertisement

Rasmus wrote: »
    Do you mean you didn't go to college that year, and took the exams at the end?

Yep sure did. Or christmas repeats at christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭VickBack

Pretty sure you can repeat until you pass the exam...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

VickBack wrote: »
    Pretty sure you can repeat until you pass the exam...
    nah, if you fail one module four times you are kicked out I think

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Peadar06

nah, if you fail one module four times you are kicked out I think

Not true, it depends on your school. I know a person who fails a subject 6 times and was allowed to repeat.

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AndyM2000

Can anyone tell me if I can carry a module into final year if I fail the repeat but have a legitimate personal circumstances form? I know it's OK for other years but I've heard you can't carry anything into final year is this true?

I'm doing a Bachelor of Business Studies if that helps!

Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

AndyM2000 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if I can carry a module into final year if I fail the repeat but have a legitimate personal circumstances form? I know it's OK for other years but I've heard you can't carry anything into final year is this true?

I'm doing a Bachelor of Business Studies if that helps!

Cheers!
    talk to your course co-ordinator or final year tutor, its actually something decided on a course by course level in DIT as far as i know.

Some courses will let you carry an extra module, some will let you carry an extra module if it is a 5 credit module, some won't let you carry an extra module at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AndyM2000

Thank you Ciaran i'll talk to them in the morning!

Cheers!

Advertisement