Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IFCO cert at start of films

• 19-08-2012 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭

Is it compulsory for the certificate to be displayed at the start of a film? I see many places not bothering with showing the card.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Is it compulsory for the certificate to be displayed at the start of a film? I see many places not bothering with showing the card.
    when i get the job full time ill make sure all them places not showing it are shut down,

its getting really embarrassing still having that "acting" on my title just cause i rated Armagetiton 15A;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Hi Ger! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

afaik it is compulsory, funny seeing it in a digital screen as opposed to a film reel one, its in focus!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,602 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

wasn't the old certs on grainy film done in the back of a chipper/shop in Dublin years ago?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭xxyyxx

Not seen it for a long time

• Advertisement

It depends on the movie I think. When I worked in a cinema, there would be times where we'd screen some movies and documentaries that wouldn't have a certificate rating, so we'd just have to get customers to sign something just to say that they understood that the movie wasn't rated and there could potentially be some distressing content and whatnot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

krudler wrote: »
    afaik it is compulsory, funny seeing it in a digital screen as opposed to a film reel one, its in focus!

Everyone knows you don't focus up the image until the main event is on :p

Seriously though, you could focus up the adverts/film cert and then find the main feature is out of focus.

It's compulsory but I've seen some of the local places leave on the British cert on occasion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

As far as I know you're only allowed legally show a film that hasn't been certified if it's as part of a private club - that's why the IFI give you day membership when you buy a ticket.

Not sure what the deal with is on the display of the cert at the start of the film although I don't remember not seeing it at any screenings recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Is it part of the film reels or is it on a separate reel to the actual film?

It was not at the start of The Bourne Legacy when I saw it the other night.

Advertisement