Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

italy or lanzarote

Options
  • 20-08-2012 12:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭

Hi, thinking of moving to either of the above. Is there anybody there already that could give some pointers, thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

With Italy, all depends where you go, and what you want. Do you want to be near the sea or the mountains. Small place, or a big place?

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭megafan

Are you retiring to warmer climate.... & if so are you well healed?? need more info on your intetions for earning a living (If you need to that is)....

Italy is a BIG country, with loads of cities and towns to choose from. Lanzarote is a small island. The north of Italy differs very much from the centre and the south. Sicily is way different to Milan. Again, some more info, and I might be able to help on the Italy bit...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭hiram

seachto7 wrote: »
    Italy is a BIG country, with loads of cities and towns to choose from. Lanzarote is a small island. The north of Italy differs very much from the centre and the south. Sicily is way different to Milan. Again, some more info, and I might be able to help on the Italy bit...

Ok, Italy would be my first choice as I have been to the north many times. I am married, no kids and have a mortgage on a house. Both of us work . I'm private sector, in retail management and horticulture plus I am a musician. The missus works in the public sector...We were thinking of taking a year off and renting out the house. I was figuring in getting work in either a garden centre or shop and suplementing with playing music at night. I noticed a lack of good live music in Italy. Loads in Lanzarote. Was wondering what the employment prospects are like in Italy.

I suppose with the Irish , you'd probably get a steady gig in a pub in Lanzarote? Saying that from my experience in Italy, they would go gaga for Irish music, and if you could sing some Italian songs, it would be a real bonus too.
    Not sure of employment prospects in Italy currently. Could you combine TEFL with playing gigs, you could get by that way, would be a good way to spend a year too...
    Do you speak any Italian?

• Advertisement
Advertisement