Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/13

1185186187188189191»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

opr wrote: »
    Yeah I mentioned a few nights back that someone on TAW had said he knew for certain they had talked. I had it on in the background so wasn't exactly sure on the details. I tried finding the episode so I could listen back to see what was said but couldn't find it. The way you describe it sounds familiar, it felt like he really didn't want to be pushed on the subject for more info that he had already given more than he had meant.

Those comments today come across like Rafa is genuinely hurt at not being asked which made me think it might be quite truthful. Rafa and Ayre really didn't get on from what I understand but how much say Ayre had in who was interviewed is hard to say. I'd like to think very little.

Opr

Rafa aint stupid, its hardly been a uthopian opening period for BR and if for instance there is trouble come xmas and the unlikely scenario comes up that we need a new manager then Rafa is hardly going to lie now about not been aproached.

Disclaimer: am not say BR should be sacked come xmas if results are ****, just that Rafa likes his chess and am sure thats how he would view it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I've no doubt people will take it as gospel that Rafa said he wasn't approached.

Maybe, wouldn't be one to take what Rafa or anyone for that matter says as gospel myself though.

Anyway I am sure John Henry will issue an open letter to clear matters up soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Had a look at that BBC special on Hillsborough. It was interesting to hear the take of the writer of The S*n article and fair play to him for giving his time, but I found it hard to listen to him going on about how it was some kind of ethical duty to write such an article.

He seems to think that the only problem was the headline.
    Harry Arnold wrote the lies and McKenzie gave him the headline. Both guilty as one another

I can't actually believe we were prepared to Swap Henderson for a player we valued at £3M. Crazy stuff

Would Rafa want to work with the current jokers owners in fairness? Probably not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

billybudd wrote: »
    Rafa aint stupid, its hardly been a uthopian opening period for BR and if for instance there is trouble come xmas and the unlikely scenario comes up that we need a new manager then Rafa is hardly going to lie now about not been aproached.

Disclaimer: am not say BR should be sacked come xmas if results are ****, just that Rafa likes his chess and am sure thats how he would view it.

That's why he'd never admit to being approached. If he was approached then it would mean FSG rejected him which I'm not sure he'd want out there, if he was approached but rejected it himself he might lose a bit of that love from Liverpool fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

That's why he'd never admit to being approached. If he was approached then it would mean FSG rejected him which I'm not sure he'd want out there, if he was approached but rejected it himself he might lose a bit of that love from Liverpool fans.

He is desperate too manage lfc again, be amazed if he rejected it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

billybudd wrote: »
    He is desperate too manage lfc again, be amazed if he rejected it.

I agree with you on that , if FSG had of said we want a director of football and aload of big wigs at the club I am 100% he would have taken the job . He would have probably done it with a rolling contract or a contract with no pay if he was relieved of his Duties .

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Yesil scores again tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Neil from the Anfield Wrap said on today's podcast that Rafa has agreed to do a 1 on 1 interview with him over the next week so guess we might hear more during that interview.

Opr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Sully34 wrote: »
    Harry Arnold wrote the lies and McKenzie gave him the headline. Both guilty as one another

Damn right. I commented on Arnold on here a few days ago. It is a bit rich for him to be trying to pass the buck regarding the headline when the article he himself wrote was full of vicious lies and bile. He is one of those that claimed to witness Liverpool supporters robbing the dead and dying and also urinating on the dead and dying. He is one of those that did his best to put the blame for 96 souls not going home onto the Liverpool supporters.

Now he seems to think he can try to point the finger at the headline when he is just as guilty of making up lies as anyone else who did.

A vile little man who deserves the same level of scorn as McKenzie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Kess73 wrote: »
    Damn right. I commented on Arnold on here a few days ago. It is a bit rich for him to be trying to pass the buck regarding the headline when the article he himself wrote was full of vicious lies and bile. He is one of those that claimed to witness Liverpool supporters robbing the dead and dying and also urinating on the dead and dying. He is one of those that did his best to put the blame for 96 souls not going home onto the Liverpool supporters.

Now he seems to think he can try to point the finger at the headline when he is just as guilty of making up lies as anyone else who did.

A vile little man who deserves the same level of scorn as McKenzie.

It takes a special kind of sociopath that's so utterly divorced from reality and so completely without any degree of empathy for other humans to be able to make something like that up about people. I just can't even begin to understand it.

If that's the standard of tabloid journalism I shudder to think what hateful horse**** is left on the cutting room floor. What's below their standards?

With all the strides made for racism the "banter" from the fans of some clubs, which has all the hallmarks of dehumanisation - "bin dippers", singing "sign on", the mancs singing in unison how "they didn't kill anyone" when they won it 3 times, even to the point where some of their players have sang along, has really tested my resolve in following football at times.
    If you replaced liverpudlians with "black people" there'd be a perfect ****ing ****storm about it.
    What's even more insane is the hatred between some Utd and Liverpool fans who aren't even from England. I've had enough of this nonsense buzzing around so I've decided to make an effort to be less ****ing stupid when it comes to football rivalry.

I think clubs need to make a concerted effort not just to combat racism, but to combat general ignorance among their fan base. I know there's a huge element of football fans who are poorly educated and not too bright but thats no excuse to act like complete cu*ts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Gbear wrote: »
    It takes a special kind of sociopath that's so utterly divorced from reality and so completely without any degree of empathy for other humans to be able to make something like that up about people. I just can't even begin to understand it.

If that's the standard of tabloid journalism I shudder to think what hateful horse**** is left on the cutting room floor. What's below their standards?

With all the strides made for racism the "banter" from the fans of some clubs, which has all the hallmarks of dehumanisation - "bin dippers", singing "sign on", the mancs singing in unison how "they didn't kill anyone" when they won it 3 times, even to the point where some of their players have sang along, has really tested my resolve in following football at times.
    If you replaced liverpudlians with "black people" there'd be a perfect ****ing ****storm about it.
    What's even more insane is the hatred between some Utd and Liverpool fans who aren't even from England. I've had enough of this nonsense buzzing around so I've decided to make an effort to be less ****ing stupid when it comes to football rivalry.

I think clubs need to make a concerted effort not just to combat racism, but to combat general ignorance among their fan base. I know there's a huge element of football fans who are poorly educated and not too bright but thats no excuse to act like complete cu*ts.

Well said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

utv now folks...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Watching that mother somehow blame herself was heartbreaking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Rafa fell out with the owners at Liverpool, with the CE at the club, with the owner at inter and with the president at Valencia.

Given the sway he holds over the Liverpool fan base, to appoint him would be a major gamble from the owners perspective. Any falling out between them would see the fans side with rafa, and fsg are well aware of the comotion the liverpool fan base are capable of causing when a dislike is taken to the owners.

It's also, I believe, why despite his impressive cv, he has struggled to get back into a big job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Watching utv now, very touching and upsetting. I really cant believe what I seen there in that stand on the tv, its just crazy. Its tough to watch.

I'm watching on Granada so a little bit ahead. Still hurts

I personally think ITV did a very good job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Justice For The 96
    YNWA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

amiable wrote: »
    I personally think ITV did a very good job

Great to see there's no fence sitting or anything like that, straight forward facts and truth!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It didn't add anything to the previous docs as far as I can tell but you still sit there gobsmacked at it all. I'd sooner they did a live hour long programme on Wednesday evening
    after the panel papers are released

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

ITV+1 still on.

This is Anfield will have it up on their website tomorrow too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

There is another one on the BBC news channel on Saturday at 9:30 pm

There is another one on the BBC news channel on Saturday at 9:30 pm

Is that the one that was on BBC Yorkshire and North West last night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

amiable wrote: »
    Is that the one that was on BBC Yorkshire and North West last night?

No it's a different one called the fight for justice

If people use a proxy server they can watch tonights ITV documentary on this link

http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=324782

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

As an active Wednesdayite since before the disaster I dont think this will ever go away.
    Football changed that day and l dont think anyone will ever be accountable fully for it in all honesty.

Football was a different game in those days, and supporters were always treated like caged animals and the police werent going to suddenly turn saviours until they realised and it was too late and hence the obvious cover up by the SYP and the coroner. If you ever went to a Division 1 game in the 80s you'll know what i mean. Look what happened at Heysel although thats for another day.

There were a lot of factors that caused this disaster on both sides if you look at it as a neutral and most of this couldve been averted before it happened with proper crowd control.

Sad day we'll all never forget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

As an active Wednesdayite since before the disaster I dont think this will ever go away.
    Football changed that day and l dont think anyone will ever be accountable fully for it in all honesty.

Football was a different game in those days, and supporters were always treated like caged animals and the police werent going to suddenly turn saviours until they realised and it was too late and hence the obvious cover up by the SYP and the coroner. If you ever went to a Division 1 game in the 80s you'll know what i mean. Look what happened at Heysel although thats for another day.

There were a lot of factors that caused this disaster on both sides if you look at it as a neutral and most of this couldve been averted before it happened with proper crowd control.

Not much use to the victims and family members.

Hopefully the papers will finally show the extent of the cover up and give them some semblance of closure on that side, at least.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

K-9 wrote: »
    Not much use to the victims and family members.

Hopefully the papers will finally show the extent of the cover up and give them some semblance of closure on that side, at least.

i agree, i obviously speaking as in involved neutral tho.
    i think the headlines will provoke a witch hunt right to the top but nothing will change and no justice will actually be served on anyone.

Hopefully it gives those involved some kind of closure instead of whipping up a frenzy of blame and anger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Sorry but can you please explain what the fans did wrong that day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

murpho999 wrote: »

Did he say the fans did anything? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

murpho999 wrote: »

So you can go off on one is it?

Des wrote: »

He said there were lots of factors on both sides. Assuming one side is the Police and stewards then the other is the fans it implies that the fans did something.

Words can imply something without saying it directly you know.

Vanolder wrote: »

Eh...no...it was just a question. Thanks anyhow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

No, but he should clear up what he meant by 'both sides'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Vanolder wrote: »

Putting aside what he actually meant for a moment, he should have the wherewithal to know where he is and to not leave something like that hanging. Of course he was going to be asked to clear that up.

kevix78 wrote: »
    The above content is "subscriber only" content from The Tomkins Times and a such shouldn't be copied and pasted in here

It's ok as we all subscribe to this thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

The above content is "subscriber only" content from The Tomkins Times and a such shouldn't be copied and pasted in here

I'd like to know how your allowed to post here with less than 50 posts......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Are you the internet police?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

NukaCola wrote: »
    I'd like to know how your allowed to post here with less than 50 posts......

Not exactly about Liverpool FC is it, so why don't we pm Mr Kevix. Seems I was maybe a few days early starting the new thread, for some reason thought you guys were already at 10k posts, but you've got a new one now anyway so ill close this one now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement