Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

12v socket

• 20-08-2012 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭

Alright lads,
    Has anyone installed a 12v socket on their bike for charging satnav or phone etc?
    If so, was there any difficulty in it and does it work well?

Cheers,
    Eoin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Easy to fit, works well, readily available and cheap. If you need one, it's a no brainer...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

The last little mini-catalogue from Louis had one for 9.99 wired and ready to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Looking to do the same myself. Even think I had that one from louis to be ordered but my mate forgot :(

fml

ffs. downside to the louis order. 10e for the item. 10e for delivery to Ireland :/

@OP - (or anyone else!) - if you fancy an order from louis for one or two small bits lemme know. we can work **** out.

Unless I can get such an item in b&m store or ebay for cheaper than 20e delivered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

kaimera wrote: »
    Looking to do the same myself. Even think I had that one from louis to be ordered but my mate forgot :(

fml

ffs. downside to the louis order. 10e for the item. 10e for delivery to Ireland :/
    Yeah the postage is dear when you look at that one small item, but the plus side is that the 10 postage is up to 30kg so you can order bike cleaner and oils etc and it still costs 10 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭eoinkildare

Well I'll have a look online and if i can't find one cheaper i'll pm you to get a bulk order going. If i find one cheaper I'll let you know as well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Places like maplins/halfords/b&q should have them

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭-jellybelly-

I got this http://www.ebay.ie/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570&_nkw=SINGLE+12V+WATERPROOF+MOTORBIKE+CIGARETTE+LIGHTER+ADAPTOR delivered for €7.50 It has spade connectors but just straightened them out with a pliers and fitted to battery ok. Used it on a trip with sat nav in my tank bag no problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,411 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Unless you like flat batteries or your bike going up in flames, make sure it's fused and turns off with the ignition key (usually done with a relay triggered by the tail light circuit)

Scrap the cap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

@OP = I may have a spare one going.

Ordered one from louis myself only for a friend to tell me he found two in his place that he must have ordered ages ago.

mfw

Installed one of these on the drz a few weeks back.No room for a full size one.

http://burnsmoto.com/usb-power-socket-weatherproof.php

Didnt relay it but it have a fuse built in,
    very tidy bit of bit.

Came in a couple of days from the states.
    7e postage

• Advertisement
Advertisement