Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeat LC or not??????

Options
  • 20-08-2012 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

I done my LC this year and got bad results, only 260 points and needed 380 for my course(Arts in Maynooth). I didn't apply for PLC courses( music is the course i want) when doing my CAO because I forgot but i applied for a plc in music at kylemore college ballyfermot last week and have since not heard a word from them. Will you think they'll take late applications??

There are no other plc courses for music other than this. If i do a plc in sport for a year can i use that to get into Music at a university(dit, maynooth etc.) or would the plc have to be music ?

And if any of this doesn't work out, I will repeat. Might consider doing HL english because I got a B1 in OL English, and take up Geog(never done it 4 the lc) because of the 20% project. So wil prob be doing HL irish, english, french, geog, music and OL maths. What other subjects are easy or easy to learn in a year and get a good grade in.?

If anyone has any advice please let me know, thanks, how did you do in your LC?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Lumie

Not sure if they will look at late submissions, but there are plently of people who only apply for PLC's around this time. Maybe give them a ring to know for sure.

I'd also have a look on qualifax to ensure that the PLC you might do will lead onto NUIM, different courses require different FETAC qualifications. Rathmines and Crumlin college do a Liberal Arts PLC which I know is good for UCD, so maybe NUIM aswell. Places are taken in feb, but there is always another round after results.

Repeating isn't to bad. I left college last year, after 2 years in comp science, and repeated in Rathmines. Good thing I found, as I'm terrible with languages, was that i could drop them and focus on what I'm good at, which improved my points by over 100. Just got Law and Arts in Maynooth, trilled yet sleepy, as I stayed up all night.
    I did eng, maths, art, chem, phy, and bio. Picked up bio this year and got a B2 in HL. If your good at learning facts straight off, its def one you should consider.
    Otherwise leaving cert wise... seriously study, saw so many people drop out half way, or get worse results this year.

PLC wise, there nice. 20% or more continuous assessment in most subjects, not something I'd say no to. A friend of mine got 250 in the LC, back in 08, went on to a PLC, got 8 distinctions. She's in UCD now, doing Arts and in top 10 of her class. Basically it'll all work out.

Sorry this is kinda sloopy, but my brain is like that right now. To BED! Best of luck to you:D

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭SellingJuan

Ag science, didnt do it but the lad that did are happy out

Advertisement