Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eireann bus service

Options
  • 20-08-2012 2:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Concerning the bad service provided by this company it would be easy to understand why it's almost in bankruptcy. Less and less people rely on it. 6 weeks ago, and in 2 opportunities I couldn't get the bus 111 servicing Dublin ( Wilton terrace ) to Trim, because these didn't show up at the bus stop. Just to mention, the 27/06, I wait for the bus almost 1 hour (from 16.45 p.m.) and it never came to the bus stop and worst, it was the last one towards Trim. We were few people frustrated for this reason. Immediately, we made a complaint by phone to the central office, but as usual just an answer machine took the message and never came back to us. Finally, I wrote a complaint to the executive of customer service of Eireann Bus, and the answer was, we were wrong and they were right...."the bus did pass at that time at that bus stop, with out any delay...." according their investigation. This is something that I wouldn't tolerate and I would like to complaint to a transport authority which could be neutral and investigate the case and penalise the company, first of all for the bad service and second, for not telling the truth and compensate for the damage caused to the passengers affected. If you have the right procedures to do so, please feel free to publish them. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Commuting & Transport (might get better advice here)

dudara

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

First of all it is Bus Eireann.

Second they are licensed by the National Transport Agency, you can lodge a complaint with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

They ought to be able to check that easily from the GPS records.

Advertisement