Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating.

• 20-08-2012 3:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

So, I'm one of the few(or many?) who considers repeating for obvious reasons. Got 335 in the Leaving and after finding out that I didn't get any of my level 8 courses which were CompSc. in NUIM and Computing in DKIT (both went up by 50 points) I'm seriously considering to repeat. How does the repeating work? If I decide to repeat, do I have to repeat all of my subjects or the ones I want to improve?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Liveforrugby

To all such people, head down hard work all the way, you get made fun of you keep going. No excuses, you're not too young or too old. How bad do you want it? Life's a game of inches, you make sure you're always the one working whilst others rest

A sincere good luck peeps, I'm out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 486 ✭✭hollingr

you have to get the points for your course in one sitting - you can't combine l.c's from different years so you would be looking at repeating at least 6 subjects

• Registered Users Posts: 39 eyssy12

hollingr wrote: »
    you have to get the points for your course in one sitting - you can't combine l.c's from different years so you would be looking at repeating at least 6 subjects

Thanks, cleared things up.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

If I were to repeat but wanted to do a course that required French and already did it this year, could I just take over my C1 from this year to prove I had done it already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 486 ✭✭hollingr

depends on the college.. look at each one you are thinking of going to under "matriculation requirements"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭aarond280

when would you have to ring up/ or meet with the principal of the school ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,315 ✭✭✭Reventon93

When I wanted to go back to my school, I think I rang them a few days after the offers. It took a while to make the appointment with the principal so I was glad that I was back by the 12th September

• Registered Users Posts: 46 iluvgreenday246

You can combine your results from different years for matriculation purposes but you cannot combine results from different years for points purposes. The only exception to this rule is medicine as you have to get both the points and matriculation purposes in one year. So basically if you want to do any other course apart from medicine and it requires for example the C1 in french and you have already gotten that grade this year, you don't have to do french again next year if you don't want to.

Hope this helps.

what is asked at the interview any1 know

• Registered Users Posts: 7 poisonoak

aarond280 wrote: »
    what is asked at the interview any1 know
    The interview varies from school to school but at mine I was asked about my JC results (I had to bring a copy of them), what I wanted to do in college and how many points I would need, the subjects I want to take, what went wrong last year, what will be different this year, etc. Then we talked about the school itself, the teachers, the rules and that kind of thing. It was really laid back and not something to worry about at all. I was also told about the fees and making a deposit but that's different for every school or might not apply to your school.

• Advertisement

poisonoak wrote: »
    The interview varies from school to school but at mine I was asked about my JC results (I had to bring a copy of them), what I wanted to do in college and how many points I would need, the subjects I want to take, what went wrong last year, what will be different this year, etc. Then we talked about the school itself, the teachers, the rules and that kind of thing. It was really laid back and not something to worry about at all. I was also told about the fees and making a deposit but that's different for every school or might not apply to your school.
    Ah thats grand, I'm sure all will go grand

when youre repeating you dont have to do english or itish ? :)

Advertisement