Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

12 lessons/waiting period.

• 20-08-2012 5:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi. I'm hopefully starting college now in September so thought i'd check this out;
    I'm on the aviva scheme for learners insurance & lessons. I have my provisional licence, but haven't done any lessons to date.
    I'm wondering about actually applying for my full licence, have heard of a six month waiting period? Is that suggested or set in stone?
    I take it I can't just do one lesson and bump my name down on the waiting list to complete them in the intervening time?
    I'm a pretty competant driver, grew up driving country road/field cars and the like.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44 clanpiper

Timbo6 wrote: »
    Hi. I'm hopefully starting college now in September so thought i'd check this out;
    I'm on the aviva scheme for learners insurance & lessons. I have my provisional licence, but haven't done any lessons to date.
    I'm wondering about actually applying for my full licence, have heard of a six month waiting period? Is that suggested or set in stone?
    I take it I can't just do one lesson and bump my name down on the waiting list to complete them in the intervening time?
    I'm a pretty competant driver, grew up driving country road/field cars and the like.

If you got your first learner permit on or after 4th April 2011 you will need to complete the EDT course (more info on this at www.rsa.ie). You cannot sit a driving test within 6 months from the start date on your first learner permit (set in stone). You can apply within this time but if you are doing EDT a test date will not be sent to you until RSA have received proof of completion of the EDT programme.
    I do not doubt your competency but when you undertake lessons you will notice that there is an awful lot you still need to learn and practice, practice, practice. You will find that there will be habits you may have inherited that will need to be changed.
    Good luck and enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Timbo6

Thanks alot!!

Advertisement