Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Sligo I.T. First Years 12/13 *

Options
  • 20-08-2012 5:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hello Everyone!!
    Seeing as the offers are out in less than 20 minutes thought it might be a good idea to get the ball rolling with this thread for all new 1st years to introduce themselves! I already know for sure I have my place and best of luck to everyone!! Roll on 1st Year :cool: :cool: :)

Name: David

Course: Pharmaceutical Science (Lvl 8)

Interests: A Mix of everything!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Killian In The Name Of

Name: Killian

Course: Performing Arts (Level 8)

Interests: A multitude! Big into theatre/film (especially singing and acting, I'd love to perform professionally) and literature. Don't mind sport either, I played rugby for a year - unfortunately, my team were horrible to me and it was a really negative place so I left. I liked it otherwise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Jennii.

Name: Jen
    Course: Forensic investigation and Analysis

So nervous lads, I know nobody up there. Yet excited too!
    Bring on Monday 3rd!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 DavieDude

You will be sound Jenni!! What time is your registration at? Think mine is around 11!

DavieDude wrote: »
    You will be sound Jenni!! What time is your registration at? Think mine is around 11!

I think its at 9,30 haha. 11's much more sensible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DanDan_

Name: Dan
    Course:Applied Archaeology

Know feck all up there and no accommodation sorted yet...yikes! Ah sure make good story to tell

• Advertisement

DanDan_ wrote: »
    Know feck all up there and no accommodation sorted yet...yikes!

Oh gosh I'm exactly the same hahaha. driving up tomorrow to look at two rooms.

Jennii. wrote: »
    Oh gosh I'm exactly the same hahaha. driving up tomorrow to look at two rooms.

Aw yay I'm not alone...kinda haha. Getting friend of mine to look up place, I don't know sligo, somehow me looking up places online isn't the best haha. Where you looking at houses?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Killian In The Name Of

Don't know about ye, but sorting out accommodation was one of the most stressful parts of this whole college business. Nearly in tears by the end, it was so frustrating!

the accomodation is terrible to find. no one answers the bloody phones or emails... then the rooms are gone and no one takes off the ad's. UGH!!

I found 2 rooms which I'm checking out tomorrow. one in Ballinode about 3 min drive from college and another in Cartron which is 20 min drive... I've looked on daft.ie and rent.ie... the student villages didnt really suit... I think there are more rooms in the places I'm looking at tomorrow if u wanna give em a go..

http://www.rent.ie/rooms-to-rent/Cartron-viewcartron-Sligo-Sligo-Co-Sligo/684142/

I dont have the ad for the one in Ballinode but if yous want a phone number I can pm it to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Reader1937

Use google maps to see where the houses are. If the house is in Cartron, then it is about a 15 minute walk. If the drive is 20 minutes, then either the house is not in Cartron or their car was stuck in first. It's 30 minutes to Boyle fgs. Looking forward to archaeology myself.
    Walking in Sligo may be easier for a number of reasons - car park is smaller this year due to construction, it's a smallish town, and everyone trying to get in and out at the same time may leave drivers sitting in their cars for some time. I will be driving, but I live in another county.

• Advertisement

I used google and google maps for everything. Only gonna be using car to get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭shanec1928

the accomodation is terrible to find. no one answers the bloody phones or emails... then the rooms are gone and no one takes off the ad's. UGH!!

I found 2 rooms which I'm checking out tomorrow. one in Ballinode about 3 min drive from college and another in Cartron which is 20 min drive... I've looked on daft.ie and rent.ie... the student villages didnt really suit... I think there are more rooms in the places I'm looking at tomorrow if u wanna give em a go..

http://www.rent.ie/rooms-to-rent/Cartron-viewcartron-Sligo-Sligo-Co-Sligo/684142/

I dont have the ad for the one in Ballinode but if yous want a phone number I can pm it to you!

That place looks pretty class...i know its not as close to the college as id like, but cheap too. So tempted now to see if theres rooms available :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Gipo3

Cartron is about fifteen minutes walk. Also there is the bus every twenty minutes or so.

So tempted now to see if theres rooms available :confused:

the other place is in Glencarrig Ballinode, so it's super close and lovely looking. I went up and saw it yesterday and loved it!! there's a twin room still available (I took the other :P ) and its 60 a week... if u wouldn't mind sharing try it, cause it really is quite nice!! the landlord is really nice too!

the other place is in Glencarrig Ballinode, so it's super close and lovely looking. I went up and saw it yesterday and loved it!! there's a twin room still available (I took the other :P ) and its 60 a week... if u wouldn't mind sharing try it, cause it really is quite nice!! the landlord is really nice too!

Yeahh I saw that, is the landlord Luke?? See I'm looking with a friend, don't think she'll mind sharing (I hope) cas that place would be ideal! I emailed the landlord earlier today, hoping he gets back to me soon. House looks perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 28 emmetd7

Anybody need a room in Sligo contact this girl! https://www.facebook.com/sharonwalkerlongforg

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sharonwalker9

hey i have a place in mulberry with 2 of my friends ,, and we have a spare twin room ,if you would like to have it with a friend :)

is the landlord Luke??

yeah it's Luke... He's got a spare twin... unless it's been taken since

yeah it's Luke... He's got a spare twin... unless it's been taken since

yeahh that's the one, he rang...seems so sound :). But like I said its me and a friend, who's a girl, so not that close to share a room. But he was helpful and all:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Cartron is about a 3 min drive and that's if ya get stuck at the lights. Google is way off if it's saying a 20min drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭JyesusChrist

How is college for everyone so far?

Advertisement