Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tony Scott suicide

• 20-08-2012 6:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭

Just heard that Tony Scott (Ridley's brother and director of Top Gun etc) died after jumping from a bridge in California

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

He was 68, terminal illness you think? RIP Tony, you'll be missed. Tragic.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

Is this true?

Did he ridley?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

dave3004 wrote: »
    Is this true?

Did he ridley?

Tool!

Sad day. Rich or poor, fame or obscurity, suicide still affects everyone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭BARRETT.50BMG

As post number two above, my immediate thought was terminal illness.

• Site Banned Posts: 192 ✭✭will.i.am

He jumped off a bridge!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

will.i.am wrote: »
    He jumped off a bridge!

Good work Columbo.

• Site Banned Posts: 192 ✭✭will.i.am

Dean09 wrote: »
    Good work Columbo.

You do know you are speaking to Mr Will.i.am?

In fairness could he have not jumped say 3 years ago? He could have spared us Pelham 123. At least then his death might not have been for nothing...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

stupidity

Grow up, for heaven's sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Thread in the films forum, where respectful people reside. Mods, after hours is no place for RIP threads...please lock.

• Advertisement

Sorry I thought I was in AH...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

It doesn't matter where you are. The man is dead for a matter of hours, your "joke" is not funny, and adults (I assume you're not one) have a sense of respect which makes them aware that stupid posts like yours are inappropriate regardless of the forum where they're aired.

I'm sick of this "I thought I was in AH," "Sure you should know what to expect in AH" nonsense being used as an excuse to post witless, wilfully offensive sh*te.

Now go away.

Some people in this world could really care less if a celebrity dies. I being one of them.

Now if that doesn't sit well with you I suggest you piss off out of AH and perhaps take a gander at the personal issues forum. I am sure there is someone in there willing to offer you a shoulder.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

dave3004 wrote: »
    Is this true?

Did he ridley?

It may be AH but that is not cool. Out of order

There is a place and a time for most things. Wrong place and time. Just because it's AH some common sence can still be shown

Dont put it on me! I didn't kill him.

Some people in this world could really care less if a celebrity dies. I being one of them.

Now if that doesn't sit well with you I suggest you piss off out of AH and perhaps take a gander at the personal issues forum. I am sure there is someone in there willing to offer you a shoulder.

So why post. Did you only come here to post a joke and try to be witty so when someone shot you down you got p*&**d.

Someone put a serious thread about someone dying (who made some very good movies). So if you don't care less maybe you should take some of your own advice and piss out of this thread if you care so little. (but as this is forum and you can post you will tell me to I am sure)

A serious thread in after hours. That's an oxymoron if ever I heard one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Now if that doesn't sit well with you I suggest you piss off out of AH

If you - and your type of poster - pissed off out of AH, then this forum wouldn't have the reputation that it does. That is, the reputation for idiotic, mindless & ultimately pointless posts that possess little or no intelligence and even less in the way of humour.

A man died the other day and whether or not you care is irrelevant. Have some respect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

BARRETT.50BMGA serious thread in after hours. That's an oxymoron if ever I heard one.

FYP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

A serious thread in after hours. That's an oxymoron if ever I heard one.
    All you need to do is act like a f*cking human being. Is that really that much to ask?

I'm locking this. As said, there's a thread in the film forum here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056731418

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement