Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GP Smithfield

Options
  • 20-08-2012 7:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭

Woke up in bits without a voice etc. anyone know of a decent doctor-GP in the Smithfield area. Google keeps bringing up Chartered Medical which seems to be more of a sports injury/MRI place.

Anyone any advice on who to go to close enough to Smithfield?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

Woke up in bits without a voice etc. anyone know of a decent doctor-GP in the Smithfield area. Google keeps bringing up Chartered Medical which seems to be more of a sports injury/MRI place.

Thanks

http://www.fhc.ie/en/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

shakin wrote: »

Thanks

http://www.fhc.ie/en/index.html

Thanks, I am not Polish but I am sure they won't mind. Didn't even know that place existed, don't think I have ever walked across the square that may.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭CucaFace

There is a GP on Manor Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

Thanks, I am not Polish but I am sure they won't mind. Didn't even know that place existed, don't think I have ever walked across the square that may.

I have a feeling its not exclusively for polish people :) Its a handy location,hope ya got sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

shakin wrote: »

I have a feeling its not exclusively for polish people :) Its a handy location,hope ya got sorted

Yeah I went to those guys in Smithfield, would recommend them, they open 11-7 as well which may be handy for people at work. She gave me a full check up as I asked her to look at everything not just the throat and sorted out a prescription and also you get 10% off everything in the chemist on the Quays which is ok considering how much antibiotics are. €50 the visit cost which is normal I suppose?

I am not sure how many Irish costumes they have, answered the phone in Polish, the 10% reduction card was in Polish and when I went in to the doctors office she started speaking to me in Polish but English was perfect of course once I let her know I spoke it. All in all a very good experience, didn't rush me out the door of the office when finished asked was there any other little niggles or pains or any suspect lumps I was worried about. Also they offer free after care so I can call back if the antibiotics don't work and it will be free. Thanks for the help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement