Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First year accomodation?

• 20-08-2012 8:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hi :) I just got accepted into a course in Trinity and now want to apply for accomodation in Trinity Halls,do we need a student ID number to apply and if so,where do we get it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭Ash_M

I think you use your CAO number for the application? It's been a year so not sure but I'm like 90% certain that's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 OnlyMessin

http://www.tcd.ie/orientation/accommodation/
    In order to apply you must have your Trinity College Student ID number. Once you have been accepted to study at Trinity you will receive an official letter of offer which will include this number

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ScienceMad

im applying for shared accommodation ..

is anyone else? Because i'd prefer to apply with someone because then you have a much greater chance of getting in!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭lauz94

Think i'm gonna just apply for a single room and if I don't get it i'll have to look elsewhere! when are we able to apply?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭Siobhan6

ScienceMad wrote: »
    im applying for shared accommodation ..

is anyone else? Because i'd prefer to apply with someone because then you have a much greater chance of getting in!

I applied for shared when i was in halls, knew nobody else going to Trinity and they matched me up with someone else from the North, similar interests and stuff. I don't think it increases your chances of getting in if you apply with someone. To be honest, it's more likely that you will get in than that you won't...but shared accommodation is SO worth it! Rooms are about 3 or 4 times the size of a single and it's much less lonely too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭Siobhan6

lauz94 wrote: »
    Hi :) I just got accepted into a course in Trinity and now want to apply for accomodation in Trinity Halls,do we need a student ID number to apply and if so,where do we get it?

Your student ID is your CAO number. It will be printed on the letter they send you as well, but it's the same thing so...

Anybody know when we can apply to Trinity Halls,what time today?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Snow joke

Anybody know when we can apply to Trinity Halls,what time today?

Hi Lauz,

Just an update, your CAO number is NOT the number yo apply to halls with. You should be sent an email containing a Trinity ID (This is new this year) and you need to apply for halls with this number.

Applications will open at Lunch time today, so between now and 3.

Snow joke wrote: »
    Hi Lauz,

Just an update, your CAO number is NOT the number yo apply to halls with. You should be sent an email containing a Trinity ID (This is new this year) and you need to apply for halls with this number.

Applications will open at Lunch time today, so between now and 3.
    So we should expect the email from Trinity soon,and it would be to the same email address that we gave to the Cao?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Snow joke

So we should expect the email from Trinity soon,and it would be to the same email address that we gave to the Cao?

Exactly.

• Advertisement

Snow joke wrote: »
    Exactly.

Ok,thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Paralysis

Anyone got the email yet? I'm really keen to get started haha

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Dreamer...

Paralysis wrote: »
    Anyone got the email yet? I'm really keen to get started haha
    nope nothing yet.. it's taking up the day waiting! :P

Dreamer... wrote: »

Same, casually refreshing my email every other minute haha

Glad to hear other people are waiting too,was beginning to wonder if I was supposed to have received one already :/

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭CB93

Are they sending to our CAO email? I guess that's the only one they have.

Anyone know the chances of getting the accomm if you're appling for shared with someone?

Glad to hear other people are waiting too,was beginning to wonder if I was supposed to have received one already :/

yeah.. and i was wondering the same the amount of times i've put in my cao number just in case :L anybody have an update yet :P

CB93 wrote: »
    Are they sending to our CAO email? I guess that's the only one they have.

Anyone know the chances of getting the accomm if you're appling for shared with someone?

Yep I think its the Cao email :)

Yep I think its the Cao email :)

wait.. when did we get a cao email address?!

wait.. when did we get a cao email address?!

Your email address that CAO have been sending things to, the one you supplied them with when you first registered

• Advertisement

CB93 wrote: »
    Your email address that CAO have been sending things to, the one you supplied them with when you first registered

oh ok sorry started to get frightened there! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rosiee

Anyone know if i'd be better off getting campus (i know nobody else going to Trinity) or getting a house with one of my friends who is going into first year too in Dublin Business School?

rosiee wrote: »
    Anyone know if i'd be better off getting campus (i know nobody else going to Trinity) or getting a house with one of my friends who is going into first year too in Dublin Business School?

i don't know anybody either! it's part of the experience.. it's personal preference really! you could always apply and turn it down then if you are unsure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rosiee

Yeah i wouldn't really mind either way .. ah yeah i'll apply anyway :)

any updates?!

any updates?!

Not for me :( no email, can't apply

Paralysis wrote: »
    Not for me :( no email, can't apply

you can't apply at all or you've got no email yet?!
    i'm still frickin waiting it's annoying me at this stage

just got my email, bout time

you can't apply at all or you've got no email yet?!
    i'm still frickin waiting it's annoying me at this stage

No email still...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭TemptationWaits

I'm waiting too! Do they definitely email us with the number or does it come in the post?

I'm waiting too! Do they definitely email us with the number or does it come in the post?

dont know wat the story is to be honest only going by word of mouth :P

This day is going by so slowly,everything is a waiting game! Has anybody got an email yet? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 113 ✭✭amymak

Still waiting for my e-mail and my mother keeps asking me when I'm going to apply.

Good to see that others haven't got an e-mail yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 char_129

Hey!

I just got an offer, which i haven't accepted yet, but i'm thinking about accomodation and stuff. I don't know that much about trinity hall, other than that theres two types of accomodation there - the modern one and cunningham house.

Looking at the rates, cunningham house looks alot more affordable! But i wonder if its maybe not as fun to live in? does anyone whose lived there before know more about it? Is the social life as good there? Is it split into little apartments like the modern accomodation or is it just lots and lots of rooms with shared kitchen and bathroom facilities? would anyone recommend one type of accomodation over the other?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

are they all coming at different times?! i have yet to receive mine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 WildHPR

As has been stated previously, your CAO number is not your TCD ID number. This is the first year that the CAO number does not become the TCD ID number.

I am told that the TCD ID number will be emailed this evening. Presumably this will be to the contact email you provided to the CAO.

Your TCD ID number will be loaded to their online accommodation application system tomorrow morning. It appears there are some teething problems with new student records systems which is responsible for this delay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 113 ✭✭amymak

char_129 wrote: »
    Hey!

I just got an offer, which i haven't accepted yet, but i'm thinking about accomodation and stuff. I don't know that much about trinity hall, other than that theres two types of accomodation there - the modern one and cunningham house.

Looking at the rates, cunningham house looks alot more affordable! But i wonder if its maybe not as fun to live in? does anyone whose lived there before know more about it? Is the social life as good there? Is it split into little apartments like the modern accomodation or is it just lots and lots of rooms with shared kitchen and bathroom facilities? would anyone recommend one type of accomodation over the other?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm only starting this year as well, but one major difference between the two is that Cunningham has wifi, while modern accomodation doesn't.

I've seen both, so I can tell you that Modern LOOKS a lot nicer. I don't know whether that matters to you or not.

Obviously Modern Rooms are ensuite and you're only sharing a kitchen with 6 people. You only have a washing-basin in in your room in Cunningham and you're sharing a kitchen with greater numbers of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 AshTorrades

Is everyone still waiting for the email?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Horsovsky

Is everyone still waiting for the email?

Well I don't know about everyone, but I am anyway..

Anyone want to share a room with me?;)

Still waiting for the email... Come on Trinity!

• Advertisement

Any sign of emails? :/

nothing yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 18 clio94

Well there is no rush with applying anyway .. We have until Thursday & they don't get offered on by first come first served.

Going to apply for shared as well as single, hopefully more likely to get offered a place that way :)

clio94 wrote: »
    Well there is no rush with applying anyway .. We have until Thursday & they don't get offered on by first come first served.

Going to apply for shared as well as single, hopefully more likely to get offered a place that way :)

Thats clever, although as an only child i'm not sure how well I would cope with shared...

I know its first come first served, but something in me is just saying come on come on ahhhh wanting to do it asap haha...

Just incase anyone didn't see, the TCD Accommodation twitter page says the ID numbers won't be sent until tomorrow morning. All our anxious waiting for nothing :P

Just incase anyone didn't see, the TCD Accommodation twitter page says the ID numbers won't be sent until tomorrow morning. All our anxious waiting for nothing :P

And earlier that page had said that all tcd id numbers would be sent out this evening :/

Anyone got the email yet? I haven't...

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭icedtea

Got no email yet either but it's letting me apply anyway!

icedtea wrote: »
    Got no email yet either but it's letting me apply anyway!

With your CAO number? It's not letting me :( frustrating!

I didnt get any email either:/

• Advertisement
Advertisement