Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A day out with my gf!!!

• 20-08-2012 8:44am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭

I was thinking some great ideas for my gf to have a wonderful time spent together with me for a day. So I checked http://www.paddywagontours.com/tours.php?cat=2
    Maybe some other great ideas to offer?
    Thank you guys ! ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Bed ... Lube ... condoms

You really cant go far wrong ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Bed ... Lube ... condoms

This can't be topped

/thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Being her for a meal of spam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Take her shoe shopping, she'll "thank" you for it later ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Bed ... Lube ... condoms

In fairness, I recon yer doing it wrong if you need lube. You should be able to get her oiled up enough. ;P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Lube? Condoms? Jesus Christ this country is about as sensual as a knacker's wedding.

Go somewhere fun lil crazy golf or something for the day. Take a walk on the beach. Cook her a meal. Feed her strawberries afterwards. And instead of lube and condoms...try cream and handcuffs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭dmc17

Lube? Condoms? Jesus Christ this country is about as sensual as a knacker's wedding.

Go somewhere fun lil crazy golf or something for the day. Take a walk on the beach. Cook her a meal. Feed her strawberries afterwards. And instead of lube and condoms...try cream and handcuffs!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056728717 :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭n0ak

This is --> great example how modern world has changed= graceless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Invite me round for a 3 some.

She will thank you later. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

dmc17 wrote: »

Thanks for that man! Hope there's a two for one on lube as well! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Bed ... Lube ... condoms

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

You could buy 100 scratch cards and spend the winnings on a fancy meal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Fr Jessup

Bring her to an owl sanctuary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

Lou Reed
    Perfect Day

Just A Perfect Day,
    Drink Sangria In The Park,
    And Then Later, When It Gets Dark,
    We Go Home.
    Just A Perfect Day,
    Feed Animals In The Zoo
    Then Later, A Movie, Too,
    And Then Home.

Oh It's Such A Perfect Day,
    I'm Glad I Spent It With You.
    Oh Such A Perfect Day,
    You Just Keep Me Hanging On,
    You Just Keep Me Hanging On.

Just A Perfect Day,
    Problems All Left Alone,
    Weekenders On Our Own.
    It's Such Fun.
    Just A Perfect Day,
    You Made Me Forget Myself.
    I Thought I Was Someone Else,
    Someone Good.

Oh It's Such A Perfect Day,
    I'm Glad I Spent It With You.
    Oh Such A Perfect Day,
    You Just Keep Me Hanging On,
    You Just Keep Me Hanging On.

You're Going To Reap Just What You Sow,
    You're Going To Reap Just What You Sow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Thinly veiled "I have a girlfriend" thread :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Take her to Ikea, bitches love Ikea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

tmc86 wrote: »

Did he say his gf was a dog?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

n0ak wrote: »
    I was thinking some great ideas for my gf to have a wonderful time spent together with me for a day. So I checked http://www.paddywagontours.com/tours.php?cat=2
    Thank you guys ! ;)

Sounds like a good idea - there are some good 1 day tours of Wicklow available as well.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

...his gf was a dog?
    His gf's a dog? Then it's easy - take her to the beach. Pack a tennisball for extra credit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

this is your plan for the next 7 days

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭shortie_chik

n0ak wrote: »
    Thank you guys ! ;)

I had a day out at home with my OH 2 weeks ago, so have some real suggestions for you! I didn't have a huge amount to spend but we had a lovely day, really felt like a little holiday! :)

Started with full body massages in Melt Templebar (€55 each, we're training for triathlon & marathon, & he'd never had a massage before. This was what started me thinking about organising a day out. )

Lunch in Bite

2 dessert suggestions:
    good weather - get gelato on Grafton St, bring picnic blanket to Stephen's Green (this was my favourite part of the day) :)
    Bad weather suggestion - go to one of the fancy hotels for tea / coffee / hot choc & scones / pastries. (or you could go for "afternoon tea"for lunch. I haven't done it but I've heard you get well fed. Try the Merrion, Shelbourne, Westbury, Westin, etc. €10 for t/c, scones with jam & cream in the Westin.)

Visited the dead zoo for an hour. Was good fun, neither of us had been since we were kids.

More dessert in Lemon creperie (or savoury if you're hungry again by now).

Went to Izakaya on George's St (japanese bar in basement of old Cafe Bar Deli) for dim sum & mojitos. They have some deals, €25 for 3 dishes + 2 drinks, other combinations too.

I had also checked out comedy gigs in town (laughter lounge, international bar, bankers bar has an improv group) & Sugar Club does good events (themed movie nights etc).

Could visit Guinness Storehouse or Jameson Distillery in Smithfield (they're a bit pricey, but maybe worth it if you have enough samples). Botanic gardens, Croke Park skyline tour, walk & picnic on the beach (take the dart to Killiney, walk the beach, buy icecream halfway up the hill), bowling, ghost bus - maybe better in darker winter, cinema, theatre...

Do something sporty like kayaking (chapelizod club do day long courses), zorbing, paint-balling...

Check out the tourist websites too, they'll tell you what's on your proposed day out. Hope you've a lovely day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I think the OP might have been shocked outta his own thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

tmc86 wrote: »

Agreed. I wish someone took me to IKEA :(

Advertisement