Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton v Manchester United Aug 20th Goodison Park

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Pj! wrote: »
    If RVP doesn't start I'd like to see Welbeck score. Would be great to see RVP score when he does come on. Maybe two! :)

Also be great if Rooney scored. Do his head good.
    Maybe Kagawa as well. Would be a dream start.
    And Nani. Would be a great start to the season for him.

That's it (lets not be greedy). Valencia can get a few assists. As can Cleverly/Anderson.

Clean sheet for De Gea.

Ta.
    So 6-0 to United then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

I can't remember an Everton side starting a season as strong as this in recent years, great transfers in the last 2 windows. I'm guessing that it will be a 2-2 draw tonight. Rooney was woeful in pre-season and didn't look fit, plus we are looking at Carrick starting in defence, leaving Cleverley, Scholes, Anderson and possibly Kagawa as our options in CM. I can't see any of them winning the ball effectively.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Owen_S wrote: »
    I can't remember an Everton side starting a season as strong as this in recent years, great transfers in the last 2 windows. I'm guessing that it will be a 2-2 draw tonight. Rooney was woeful in pre-season and didn't look fit, plus we are looking at Carrick starting in defence, leaving Cleverley, Scholes, Anderson and possibly Kagawa as our options in CM. I can't see any of them winning the ball effectively.

They won't need to win the ball because they'll have 100% possession. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Can't see United keeping a clean sheet tonight .

Hopefully they do enough to get a win though .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Voltwad wrote: »
    So 6-0 to United then?

Basically yeah. :D

I really meant to post that I hope Welbeck scores. Would be great for him. He'll have a tough year.
    The rest was a bit of a ramble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

I am confident Everton can get something from this. The last couple of years Everton have started the season playing very well but had nobody to stick the ball in the onion sack becuse of the way those Summers had generally gone. This is not the case this time - there is a buzz about Everton at the mo and there is firepower to turn possession into goals as we did in the seond half of last season.

Everton are saying evertone is fit. But of course there's a chance this is not true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

Reading the back of the Herald for a bit of pre-match build up and apologies if I'm being pedantic but the first paragraph reads;

"Alex Ferguson will send out his attacking dream team to terrorise Everton at old Trafford tonight."

This is something that annoys me with journalists (probably editors more) but little details like this kill credibility on their article. Bug anyone else the same way or am I just over critical?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jame Gumb

Yeah everyone knows that "old Trafford" (sic) is spelt "Old Trafford" (capital "O", capital "T").

Gutter journalism!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Keno 92 wrote: »

De Gea
    --Rafael-Carrick-Vidic-Evra
    Cleveley-Scholes
    Valencia---Kagawa---Nani
    Rooney

I'd go with this formation, however I think Valencia will play at RB and Wellbeck will start somewhere in the attack.
    I'm just thinking about the amount of games Raf played in the Olympics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

Valencia is no right back. He can do a job if required. We have possibly one of the most talented right backs for his age in the world in Rafael (definitely top 3 IMO with Walker and Marcelo). Let the lad play, learn from the mistakes he will inevitably make and we will have an absolute beast in 2-3 seasons time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Jame Gumb wrote: »
    Yeah everyone knows that "old Trafford" (sic) is spelt "Old Trafford" (capital "O", capital "T").

Gutter journalism!
    In this case it's spelt G-o-o-d-i-s-o-n :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

VW 1 wrote: »
    Valencia is no right back. He can do a job if required. We have possibly one of the most talented right backs for his age in the world in Rafael (definitely top 3 IMO with Walker and Marcelo). Let the lad play, learn from the mistakes he will inevitably make and we will have an absolute beast in 2-3 seasons time.

I agree, and it p1ssed me off last season when Jones and Valencia were pick ahead of him, but I can't see SAF starting him tonight, simply because of the number of games he was involved in at the Olympics.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jame Gumb

cambo2008 wrote: »

Gutter journalism!
    In this case it's spelt G-o-o-d-i-s-o-n :D

Somebody should tell Anderson that the game's at Old Trafford...

Prediction: 2-2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Going for 3-1 to United Rooney 2 and Van Persie to come off the bench ansd wrap it up with a 40 yard blockbuster :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

Gutter journalism!

Yes exactly not only location wrong but the capital 'O' was missed too. Shocking, glad you think so!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

We have possibly one of the most talented right backs for his age in the world in Rafael (definitely top 3 IMO with Walker and Marcelo).

Do you honestly believe that? I'm fond of United but find that bizarre

smokedeels wrote: »

I agree, and it p1ssed me off last season when Jones and Valencia were pick ahead of him, but I can't see SAF starting him tonight, simply because of the number of games he was involved in at the Olympics.

That's fair enough, but most people want Cleverley starting, Rafael didn't play mch more than Cleverley did and people are talking about the great shape Cleverley is in.

If anything I would view it as a competitive preseason as opposed to being tired out from a long summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

I think there is even a chance tonight of Bebe being released on to the pitch for a run-about.

nuxxx wrote: »
    We have possibly one of the most talented right backs for his age in the world in Rafael (definitely top 3 IMO with Walker and Marcelo).

Do you honestly believe that? I'm fond of United but find that bizarre

What other 22 year olds do you think are better?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

I'm a big fan of Rafael, but Marcelo is miles ahead of him and Walker. I can't think of many LBs in the world better than him at the moment.

Rafael is definitely one of the best young fullbacks around though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

3/1 on everton tonight or even money the draw and win, both teams usually start poor enough but there is a bit of value in everton.

CR 7 wrote: »

I'm a big fan of Rafael, but Marcelo is miles ahead of him and Walker. I can't think of many LBs in the world better than him at the moment.

Rafael is definitely one of the best young fullbacks around though.

I did mention him being top 3 with walker and Marcelo, Marcelo is undoubtedly pick of the bunch but when you consider that defenders typically peak at 26-30 you can't help but admit the potential all 3 have. Apart from Alba there aren't many young fullbacks operating at such a high level for top clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Cannot wait. Just cannot wait.

Was plastering an extension today, and yer man that was helping me told me to shut up about the game tonight at least three times.... I didn't bother....

Hoping for a win, and a good performance. But i'll take us being sh1te if it means three points.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

2-3, Carrick first goal scorer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just a heads up for the game on TV, There is a SKY Sports live feed from Goodison Park in the clear which you can add to Other Channels on your Sat box (whatever type)

Go to Services, Add Channels and input the following

H
    2/3

press select and add number 7856.

Its one of 4 feeds that the Para games will be using for Channel 4 coverage. Of course it could go at any time and it might not even be used for the game itself but its worth checking out if you don't have Sky Sport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    2-3, Carrick first goal scorer.

25/1 on 2-3 and carrick 18-1 would make a nice double :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I hope people are watching the feed, we just had the reporter and Steve McManaman covering all angles - with RvP starts/RvP on the bench pre-match reports filed. So Macca was required to give to completely contradicting replies! TV its all lies!

@talkdants: Van Persie definitely starts for Man Utd tonight alongside Wayne Rooney - Carrick at centre half - full team shortly @talksportlive”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

mike65 wrote: »
    I hope people are watching the feed, we just had the reporter and Steve McManaman covering all angles - with RvP starts/RvP on the bench pre-match reports filed. So Macca was required to give to completely contradicting replies! TV its all lies!

F*ck it! i copped the bit where they were saying he starts, and went and threw a tenner on him to score first @ 9/2.

If he's on the bench I'm gonna hate Steve McMananmanamamananaman a little bit more!

Man, it's gonna be weeeeeird seeing RvP playing with United.... feck'n weird I tells ya!!!

If Rooney, Kagawa, RvP, Nani & Valencia start then I'm gonna cream myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

alproctor wrote: »
    F*ck it! i copped the bit where they were saying he starts, and went and threw a tenner on him to score first @ 9/2.

If he's on the bench I'm gonna hate Steve McMananmanamamananaman a little bit more!

Well, if he doesn't start, you'll probably get your tenner back, because he won't come on until Rooney & Co. have already put two past Everton!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

I really fancy everton to nick this, it's always a toughie at everton away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Man, it's gonna be weeeeeird seeing RvP playing with United.... feck'n weird I tells ya!!!

I wouldn't blame you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

If all them start then utd would concede a few, would be fairly lobsided team. need to be solid away to everton.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Do Everton ever have a good start to the season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

niallo27 wrote: »
    3/1 on everton tonight or even money the draw and win, both teams usually start poor enough but there is a bit of value in everton.

Didnt United win 5 from 5 last year??

Aside: Kagawa looks about 14 in his united suit. Makes him look like a posh school kid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

They score 7, we score 8.

Bring it on !!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

ceegee wrote: »
    Didnt United win 5 from 5 last year??

Aside: Kagawa looks about 14 in his united suit. Makes him look like a posh school kid

I did say usually not always.

Do Everton ever have a good start to the season?

lost their last 5 opening days fixtures

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

Much prefer that giggsy "every goal matters" ad to the usual "AGUUEEERRROOO" or "the wind took the ball"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

De Gea, Vidic (C), Rafael, Carrick, Evra, Scholes, Kagawa, Valencia, Nani, Rooney, Van Persie

Seems to be the breaking team on twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Took this from Twitter

DDG, Raf,Vidic,Carrick,evra,Valencia,Scholes,Kagawa,Nani,Rooney,RVP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

I think I need to change my pants.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Attack Attack.. Attack Attack Attack...........

Rvp is on bench according to Mnf

• Advertisement

Spud83 wrote: »
    De Gea, Vidic (C), Rafael, Carrick, Evra, Scholes, Kagawa, Valencia, Nani, Rooney, Van Persie

Seems to be the breaking team on twitter.
    I would be absolutely amazed.

Unless we're playing 3 at the back....?

RVP on bench now:(

boooooooooooo!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Everyone saying rvp is on the bench now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Pants remain unchanged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Very attacking team!

DDG