Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton v Manchester United Aug 20th Goodison Park

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Fellaini would definitely do a job at full forward

Can be brought out to win ball if needs be!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

So it's De Gea 0-0 Fellani at half time.

I'd say Sean Bateman is loving this game....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

fullstop wrote: »
    Did I say it would be a smart move :rolleyes::rolleyes: He felt a slight touch from Jagielka and went down. :rolleyes:

You seem to be the only one that thinks so. Went down on purpose after feeling a touch and decided to still take a shot when falling? Yeah right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I have to say Fellaini is very impressive - he is a real pain in the arse for the opposition . Never stops working and finding positions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

fullstop wrote: »
    Did I say it would be a smart move :rolleyes::rolleyes: He felt a slight touch from Jagielka and went down. :rolleyes:

That's not why he went down, there was impact on one of his feet, it was hard to tell if he tripped himself up or Hibbert nicked him. Wouldn't give it either way probably though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Fellaini would definitely do a job at full forward

Imagine trying to get that head of hair into a helmet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

I don't think I've heard Gibson mentioned so far. I had to check BBC to see if he was playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Good first half, blues. However the fact that we've played well and haven't scored rings very, very, very familiar of the last few league starts.

RVP to score a deflected goal in the 80th minute, it's obviously coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Anyone else think if the FK hadn't got the touch off Welbeck, DDG would have struggled to keep it out? Cracking save all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

De geas kept us in the game were been put under proper pressure at times really highlights how were lacking in certain areas because there bullying us in midfield and where down to bare bones in defense. Going forward though where doing ok just Rooney seems way off pace.

ambid wrote: »
    I don't think I've heard Gibson mentioned so far. I had to check BBC to see if he was playing.

Ah he's been solid bar a criminal pass he gave from his own box straight to Scholes. Not doing a lot wrong and getting on the ball a bit

IvySlayer wrote: »
    So it's De Gea 4-0 Fellani at half time.

Fyp

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Right sub predictions time - Utd only:

Scholes - Anderson
    Nani - RVP (all out attack :D)
    Last one is too hard to call but could see Rooney getting subbed for Berba if he continues to play like he has.

Need boots cos his afro sees more of the ball than his feet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

DDG been wonderful, Rooney looking very sluggish and unfit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

...Cleverley needs to come off, looks lost out there.

That's a bit harsh IMO. He's good on the ball and knits moves together well. I'm not sure of his positioning as he often seems in the wrong place and getting in the way when a move is happening, but I'd rather Cleverly to Anderson anyday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

As mentioned already, Fellaini is having a great game. He is however getting away with some amount of fouls. A little push in the defender just before the ball comes to him.

Reminds me of Hughes ( not the slim guy at Shelbourne )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

adox wrote: »
    You seem to be the only one that thinks so. Went down on purpose after feeling a touch and decided to still take a shot when falling? Yeah right.

2 other people commented on the incident....so I must be wrong

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Nani, Rooney, Cleverley, Scholes and Evra have all been poor.

Kagawa looks great. Valencia, Carrick and Welbeck haven't been great but they are in make-shift positions so it's hard to be critical. Vidic looks okay for an 8 month lay-off and De Gea has been superb as usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

I don't get the criticism of Cleverly, I thought he's been decent.

It's funny, despite all the chances for Everton i'm actually happy enough with that half. Think we've done ok in midfield and just haven't created that many chances. Although we did actually create the 2 best chances of the half.

Defence looks slightly shakey alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Right, we need a midfielder. Can we just throw 20m at Everton for Fellani? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Fellaini has been ridiculous for Everton again. Rio and Smalling would really have been useful against him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jame Gumb

Fellaini playing for a move?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Everton will regret those chances imo; can't see United not improving in the second half - and with the forwards they have they only need 1 of those chances. 1-0 I'm going for; Kagawa assist to Rooney.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

You know the way SAF said he got rid of the Van Persie threat against United by signing him, I really, really wish he would do the same with Fellaini! What a PITA he is to try play against.

And yes Kagawa has looked very bright. Thought he might struggle with the physical aspect but tbf he's getting on the ball so well and giving very intelligent passes/making intelligent runs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

DB21 wrote: »
    Right, we need a midfielder. Can we just throw 20m at Everton for Fellani? :pac:

Need close to double that imo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jame Gumb

Have to be honest, I'm appalled at what I've seen so far from United (with a few notable exceptions).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

ambid wrote: »
    ...Cleverley needs to come off, looks lost out there.

That's a bit harsh IMO. He's good on the ball and knits moves together well. I'm not sure of his positioning as he often seems in the wrong place and getting in the way when a move is happening, but I'd rather Cleverly to Anderson anyday.

Maybe, it is the positioning thing you talk of that I have noticed on a few occassions tonight, he also seems a bit static at times.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 482 ✭✭Mont

Fellaini playing superb, head and shoulders above everyone in the first half. Utd pretty poor in fairness, De Gea playing very well and their GK problem is well and truly sorted now.

Just hand over 20m now so he can start the second half for United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Yeah right They'd be looking for at least 30 million . And they just sold Rodwell so I wouldn't say there under any pressure to sell .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Fellaini 14/1 for 1st goalscorer is anyone fancies a bet

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

You think he's worth lessthan Jordan Henderson?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Jame Gumb wrote: »
    Fellaini playing for a move?

A big money move. He signed a five year contract in January.

The boy is a beast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Just surprised how sharp Everton have been compared to United.

Bar Kagawa the rest of United players look some bit sluggish.

Hopefully better second half for United.

Valencia is being wasted at RB, swap Nani for Rafael.

The same team that threw €35m for Andy Carroll, in fairness now they don't have a great record with their recent signings (Torres excluded of course)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

He cost 14 million up front and some later. Fellaini cost Everton about 18 million 5 years ago I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

cson wrote: »
    Anyone else think if the FK hadn't got the touch off Welbeck, DDG would have struggled to keep it out? Cracking save all the same.

He saved it with his wrist in the end, had the corner covered if it hadn't deflected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Well he's not English and Liverpool aren't the ones buying so he could go for less, but probably won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

"A helmet ref?? Sure who's gonna hit him?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

Certainly glad this fixture will be out of the way never easy place to go, Fellani and Distan are monsters.

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Valencia is being wasted at RB, swap Nani for Rafael.

Actually that could be a good move - Nani is going to get himself sent off, i don't really care who they replace him with once they get him off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Seriously we should be going all out for Fellani, has to be number one priority to get him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

mike65 wrote: »
    He cost 14 million up front and some later. Fellaini cost Everton about 18 million 5 years ago I think.

Fellaini was a total of £15m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

RVP signing the autographs and Raf just sitting there glumly :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Ah now, what Liverpool paid for Henderson and what Henderson is actually worth are very different

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Anyone remember this?

Meanwhile, midfielder Marouane Fellaini has ruled out a move to Old Trafford by signing a new contract with Standard Liege.

According to Roger Henrotay, the Belgian Under 21 star's agent, Fellaini snubbed a possible move to England because of his desire for first-team football.

"United phoned us yet again urging Marouane not to sign for Standard," Henrotay told the News of The World.

"But we did not obey them.

"The lad is young and he will get better still, but only if he plays first-team football.

"He'd have earned a lot more money had he gone to Old Trafford but he wouldn't have played."

Advertisement