Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone & Eircom DSL

• 20-08-2012 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

Hi,

I've had a look at a few other threads, and found nothing similar so apologies if I've missed something.

We are having awful trouble with our broadband - and have been for the past few years. We recently switched to Vodafone, under the impression that it would improve things, it hasn't. Every day, we lose the DSL connection - reboot the router - still not finding a DSL connection, same if you do an actual reset. We've had about 5/6 different routers, so unless there is a huge percentage of failing routers - it's not the router! I will say though, our router is not connected to the main point where the line enters the home, but it's been tried there with no results!

Here's where it gets different, one afternoon a few years ago our neighbours were getting UPC in, I noticed that our connection went completely, and tried the land line immediately, it was also gone. I went out to the UPC lads who were putting in the line next door and they had cut straight through our wiring. Unfortunately I was the only one home and with no great knowledge of line repairs, I couldnt judge whether the job they did was good - the hole was filled and cemented over I'd say within an hour of fixing our line, never seen anything so quick. My Dad who would, know a fair bit about the repair job they did was raging he didn't get to check it, and firmly believes that's where our problem lies.

My dad's been the one working at it. He's self employed and doesn't have the time and often works away from home, so I'm trying to help now.

Has anyone any thoughts on this, whether or not it could be our problem - It's a disaster at the moment!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Sounds like its a bad line alright. Have you had an engineer out to test it?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭spiderman1885

We've had engineers out in the past about it, not recently though. That should really be our next step I suppose!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Would it be possible for you to just switch to UPC for BB?would save a lot of hassle trying to get Eircom/Vodafone to find and repair the fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭spiderman1885

Would it be possible for you to just switch to UPC for BB?would save a lot of hassle trying to get Eircom/Vodafone to find and repair the fault.

That's what I was thinking too tbh, but we've just started a contract with Vodafone unfortunately - unless there's a get out clause!?

Advertisement