Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So, i'm, pulling a sickie

• 20-08-2012 9:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭dr strangelove

I've been sick all weekend, so i think i deserve a sickie, but seeing as how it's a beautiful day outside, and i feel a bit guilty about pulling the curtains and playing BF3 all day i need suggestions - what should i do today?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

what should i do today?

Go to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

I'm pushing one.

Uphill :(

Post on the internet about skipping work so that your company can find out, with hilarious consequences

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I've been sick all weekend, so i think i deserve a sickie, but seeing as how it's a beautiful day outside, and i feel a bit guilty about pulling the curtains and playing BF3 all day i need suggestions - what should i do today?
    Quit so someone more deserving can get your job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Fancy going on the beer ? not in the humour for work here my self ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

When I was a gigolo, I often got calls from hospitals asking if I could pull a sickie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Play BF3 and pwn some noobs!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I'm saving my next sickie for when I really need it - the Monday after Electric Picnic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Nippledragon

**** your guilt away. You now have the whole day to pull the stomach off yourself. Draw blood, then you really will feel sick.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

So you're playing BF3?
    I see you're playing the poor man's choice.

Get Dutch Gold, some cocaine/heroin/etc and start a bleedin' deadly game of pwning some bitch-ass noobs online.

That and remember: your team needs to hear how drunk/stoned you are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Thinly veiled "I have job" thread.

Not your first time at this malarkey either...bit o'snow indeed...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63844033&postcount=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

They'd sack you in second and replace you with FÁS free labour if they wanted

Take that sickie guilt free OP, you deserve it

The company doesn't give a damn about you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭dr strangelove

MadsL wrote: »
    Not your first time at this malarkey either...bit o'snow indeed...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63844033&postcount=1

hahahaha, busted!
    jesus, twice in two and a half years, i must be going mad!

Also, looking a bit cloudy, so no point in going out now - maybe back to bed for some......ah..... relaxation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Sarah**

I pulled a sickie last week and now have my commupence as I am smothering with a cold today... :( Damn Karma!

mikemac1 wrote: »
    They'd sack you in second and replace you with FÁS free labour if they wanted

The company doesn't give a damn about you

This is dangerously close to how i actually feel.
    I'm sick of picking up everyone else's crap, time for some me time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

bluewolf wrote: »
    Post on the internet about skipping work so that your company can find out, with hilarious consequences

...and provide the Irish Dail Mail with stories.

Fancy going on the beer ? not in the humour for work here my self ..

Only if they're medicinal beers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Wish i had, work is balls today. My boss seems to be impervious to seeing monday as a sh*te day and decides to be a royal pr*ck to everyone.
    I caught a fellow workers eye who just got told off about something trivial and i could see the rage burning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

MadsL wrote: »
    Thinly veiled "I have job" thread.

not for much longer he won't :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

OP you will be fine once you don't work for the public service. You would be torn apart if that was true. Enjoy your sickie; you are stressed call it a mental health day;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Few cans by the canal and a snooze in the sunshine, be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Ah, I'm so jealous. Enjoy your mental health day OP. Play some BF3 now to get it out of your system and if the weather is still good this afternoon sit out with a cool beer or glass of wine in the sunshine. Then you get the best of both!

Oh and don't forget to tag yourself on Facebook "- with cold beer - at My Back Garden. :) xxx" because everyone needs to know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Have an outdoor ****. Perfect day for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

People like you make me sick!

Scratch that, people like you make me want to be sick and have the day off :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I could do with a mental health day myself. Must have been still over the limit this morning. I can't make eye contact with anyone here. It's like they know or something. That's it I'm going teetotal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 965 ✭✭✭CucaFace

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Few cans by the canal and a snooze in the sunshine, be grand

Sounds great.

And make sure you get yourself a nice sun tan to bring into the office tomorrow when you return to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

I hope you're not Public Sector.

Go into work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

I was planning on taking one today having started Friday evening and finished up in the early hours of yesterday morning.

Instead I'm sitting in work whilst my stomach does somersaults. might take a half day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Post another thread confirming that you work for the public sector. Then wait for someone to find out (and that you were sneaky about it) and watch the craic unfold.

*You might get done for trolling though*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭JeanLucPicard

You do know you need to take tomorrow too.... Its best to take 2 sick days in a row to avoid suspicion.

Or go to the Doc....feign some sickness and take the week. 40 euro for cert and a week off. Then go back to bed and demonstrate how much of a lucky wanker you've become!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

You could have hot chocolate too. You deserve it.

As for BF3, be a medic. Be the sick person that heals others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

You do know you need to take tomorrow too.... Its best to take 2 sick days in a row to avoid suspicion.

Or go to the Doc....feign some sickness and take the week. 40 euro for cert and a week off. Then go back to bed and demonstrate how much of a lucky wanker you've become!!!

Or if he did work for the public sector make that up to 6 months of a sickie, all paid for. I can imagine the outcrys of "my taxes pay for your wages".

So OP how is the day panning out for you?

• Site Banned Posts: 192 ✭✭will.i.am

Paint all the ceilings in your house, it should keep you busy for awhile.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Ring up your work place and say I'm not turning in on "Stupid Bastard Day "

That would really boil their piss !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

As long as you pick a good day for it, pulling a sickie is fine. Ie if there's nothing pressing pressing. Two lads who work for me did it today, but they'd busted their chops all last week getting a job done so I reckoned they'd earned a "sickie" monday. Also, today was marginally less mental than every other day.
    Do it on a day when there's a big job on and it's important to me, you're toast, unless you are a superhuman I can't do without, but I'm still gonna be p1ssy for a few weeks so don't even talk to me. Timing is crucial, get it right and you're still golden, get it wrong(ie important day, big meeting, pressing deadline) and it's suicide on the work front. Also, you're not fooling me, I was an employee long enough, I know when you're taking the mick.:)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Pottler wrote: »
    As long as you pick a good day for it, pulling a sickie is fine. Ie if there's nothing pressing pressing. Two lads who work for me did it today, but they'd busted their chops all last week getting a job done so I reckoned they'd earned a "sickie" monday. Also, today was marginally less mental than every other day.
    Do it on a day when there's a big job on and it's important to me, you're toast, unless you are a superhuman I can't do without, but I'm still gonna be p1ssy for a few weeks so don't even talk to me. Timing is crucial, get it right and you're still golden, get it wrong(ie important day, big meeting, pressing deadline) and it's suicide on the work front. Also, you're not fooling me, I was an employee long enough, I know when you're taking the mick.:)

Total rubbish pal...but then I'd expect that from you.....:(

Well, looks like the joke was on me - after lazing around (recuperating) for a couple hours i had lunch - and then spend the next three hours in the bathroom.

Karma's a bitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I've been sick since last Tuesday. Took it easy and stayed in over the weekend to kick it. Woke up this morning and wouldn't ya know it, My cough is now painful, deep chesty and dry and I got 3 hours sleep last night. Not quite bad enough that I'd take off but then I went to work for 2 days with Swine-Flu and got the evil eye from my colleagues after that for months, my cubicle had to be disinfected :D

Advertisement