Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of train to Ennis?

• 20-08-2012 9:30am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭

My daughter wants to go on a train, anywhere will do once its a train. Does anyone know how much it is for a return ticket from Limerick to Ennis?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

You will have to phone them. Just checked their website and you cannot book a ticket for that trip online nor can you get a ticket price on their site for that trip. Customer friendly my arse:rolleyes:

1850 366 222.

or

061 315555

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

I believe it's about €15 rtn for an adult, got that info from a lad from Ennis that uses the service infrequently (usually when going on the piss in Limerick) :) so I'm not saying it's exact but I'd say close enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Yeah its around the €15 mark!

If you're just going purely for the spin, it would prob be cheaper to get the train as far as Sixmilebridge!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭frank gallagher

can you not get one to limerick junction or is that just for transfers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

can you not get one to limerick junction or is that just for transfers

You can but the line is closed at the moment due to construction of a bridge at Oola.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

You can but the line is closed at the moment due to construction of a bridge at Oola.

It was open yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Friend of mine got the train to ennis this morning, I just rang him to ask how much it was and he said €11.90 rtn...seems like ok value I would have expected more!!
    I think the Limerick Junction line has reopened, I came down from Dublin about 2 and a half weeks ago and got the train in from the junction no problem!
    Maybe it's closed again??

It was open yesterday.

Work resumed on it today and it should be shut until the 27th August

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Kess73 wrote: »
    Work resumed on it today and it should be shut until the 27th August

Only shut til Thursday

Only shut til Thursday

They gave the wrong date on the radio today then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Kess73 wrote: »
    They gave the wrong date on the radio today then.

They possibly said the road is closed for a week which it is, but trains running from Thursday

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Yeah it's 11.90 return for me and she travels free. Not bad considering a return bus ticket from shannon to limerick is €11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Whats the cut-off age before kids are charged does anyone know?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Raiser wrote: »
    Whats the cut-off age before kids are charged does anyone know?

5 Years of age on InterCity, 3 on DART

http://www.irishrail.ie/index.jsp?p=118&n=142

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Figerty

Why not take the train to Galway, hop of walk around the city and get the later train back! You would get to see the sea as well!
    Melion wrote: »
    Yeah it's 11.90 return for me and she travels free. Not bad considering a return bus ticket from shannon to limerick is €11

Advertisement