Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen Floor Tiles

Options
  • 20-08-2012 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭

In the market for some large 600mm square polished kitchen floor tiles - apart from the usual bricks and mortar - Right Price Tiles type shops, anything/anywhere else I should be looking?

Thanks all!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

ciarsd wrote: »
    In the market for some large 600mm square polished kitchen floor tiles - apart from the usual bricks and mortar - Right Price Tiles type shops, anything/anywhere else I should be looking?

Thanks all!

Tilestyle in Balymount...biggest tile shop and display showrooms in Europe.
    http://tilestyle.ie/

Also Dublin Tile and Bathroom Centre in Tallaght.......(bought my marble kitchen floor tiles and bathroom tiles from them)
    http://www.dtbc.ie/

Right Price Tiles at various locations around Dublin.

B&Q also tend to do some good deals at the weekends too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

B&Q had some great deals recently because they were getting rid of the current stock to make way for their new lines. My sis got some polished floor tiles like the ones you describe, worked out at about €15 sq/yd.

Allied Ceramic tiles in Coolock aslo have bargains sometimes - I got my kitchen floor tiles there as a job lot, worked out at €7 sq/yd! same tiles were €34 sq/yd in right price tiles! Got kitchen wall tiles last week - again a job lot, reduced from €19.99 sq/yd to €7.99 sq/yd. So definitely worth having a nosey and if you are not in a rush maybe just keep popping in and see what they have from week to week.

And Brooks and Chadwicks get job lots in from time to time.

I bought the kitchen "splashback" tiles in Right Price Tiles in Coolock,,just beside Woodies

Paddy, first I loved your garden and now I am envious of your kitchen....god damn it, stop making me jealous!

Little Ted wrote: »
    Paddy, first I loved your garden and now I am envious of your kitchen....god damn it, stop making me jealous!

My missus is responsible for designing,building and planting the garden,she did it all herself from start to finish..:)

I shopped around and haggled like feck on all the various kitchen and bathroom tiles and the builder and tiler fitted them.

All I really did was take the pics....but thats hard work too you know.:pac::D

• Advertisement

Can I just make this little suggestion here....

Buy a square yard or 2 more of the tiles than what you actually need.

Allways handy to have a few "spare" tiles...just incase they are ever needed.

yes, this is a good tip....there is always one or two that get cracked or scratched due to wear and tear. And also, there is always a certain amount of 'wastage' as even for an highly skilled tiler some will undoubtedly break or crack when being cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Bear i n mind 600mm tiles are quite large. There is not much demand for them. To keep spares you are going to have to buy a box or 2. There is usually only 3 pcs in a box so 2 boxes would be 6 pce. There is 1.08 meters per box so you will be charged the meter price for extra.

As said about travel around. For example Allied Bathrooms does deals on sizes like this but its not going to be in stock. So it will have to be ordered.

Any sizes like this if they are cheap for example 24 euro per square meter then they are going to be chinese and may not be all good quality.

Place pces from the bath on the floor and check for concave/convex bowing which basically means a hill in the centre or 2 risen lips.

Do not be temped to use white grout.

The spare tiles will store perfect upright behind the kitchen units. Just pull out the dishwasher/washing machince and slide them in behind

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Thank you for all of the help. I've spent the past fortnight visiting different showrooms - my god, some difference in pricing for what are essentially the very same porducts. I think I am sorted out, will know in the afternoon. Next up finding a tiler. What should I expect to pay for laying 30sq. yards in a rectangular space with no kitchen units in the way (minimal cutting)?

ciarsd wrote: »
    Thank you for all of the help. I've spent the past fortnight visiting different showrooms - my god, some difference in pricing for what are essentially the very same porducts. I think I am sorted out, will know in the afternoon. Next up finding a tiler. What should I expect to pay for laying 30sq. yards in a rectangular space with no kitchen units in the way (minimal cutting)?

Around 15 euro a square yard labour costs.

• Advertisement

yeah I'd agree with that price of €15 per square yd
    we actually paid €20 per sq metre for wall tiles and this included some mosaic work. If its a straight forward floor as you say, minimal cutting then €15 would be fair.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement