Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA progression

Options
  • 18-08-2012 1:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hello to everyone,
    I am thinking of going to do a PLC FETAC level 6 course this year. I have done FETAC level 5 on year 2010-2011(without BTEA as I was working 30+hrs a week and study full-time). From feb 2012 I'm unemployed so thinking of going back to college and get some Degree. I will no get BTEA for Third level study this year as I dont have required qualifying period on SW this year. My question is after finishing the FETAC level 6 is it possible to carry on to third level college with BTEA? (As most likely I will be starting at HETAC Level 6)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Hi OP,
    If you get BTEA for the FETAC level 6 course then that time can count towards the qualifying period for BTEA for the HETAC course next year.
    You would however need to be eligible for Jobseekers next Summer when the FETAC courses ends as without a DSP payment over the summer you may not be eligible for BTEA for the third level course.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ironcrush

paperclip2 wrote: »
    Hi OP,
    If you get BTEA for the FETAC level 6 course then that time can count towards the qualifying period for BTEA for the HETAC course next year.
    You would however need to be eligible for Jobseekers next Summer when the FETAC courses ends as without a DSP payment over the summer you may not be eligible for BTEA for the third level course.

Thanks for the info. Just I wasn't sure if it would be alright to progress from fetac level 6 to hetac 6 or third level course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

ironcrush wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. Just I wasn't sure if it would be alright to progress from fetac level 6 to hetac 6 or third level course.

Yeah you can progress from a FETAC level 6 to a HETAC level 6 as they aren't actually considered to be at the same academic level, one being a one year course and the other a two year. :)

Advertisement