Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome First Years 2012! Questions, Orientation etc.

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭Icarus Wings

TheComeUp wrote: »
    Yeah they're the same. I found my ID number on the 'Enrolment Form', the one that has 'IMPORTANT DOCUMENT' at the top. The UL ID is given on the next page and the two match so....

Is something up with the Admissions Office? Rang three times yesterday and reached Anne Marie's message machine and emailed yesterday and got no reply. It's really bugging me out too about this fees thing although I was told by the MISU that there'd be no problem and if something needed to be paid I could just fix it up when we all go up next week...

Thanks for clarifying the ID number issue. If orientation week follows the format of previous years, you'll all get your ID cards on the 1st day (with your own number printed on it).

As regards contacting Admissions, well, the office falls under the larger office of Student Services. They're probably under a fair bit of pressure these days between incoming first years to answering last minute questions about the repeat examinations this week.

All I can say is to keep trying to contact them. Also, I know it's easy to say this but try not to stress too much about it! The MISU's advice is solid and you'll find it easier to meet and to solve issues face-to-face than through phone or e-mail. Enjoy your last few days of freedom and ensure you have everything else sorted (accommodation etc.)! :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

You're not going to be thrown out of the college about fees etc. just yet TheComeUp! They'll let you start first;)

dambarude wrote: »
    You're not going to be thrown out of the college about fees etc. just yet TheComeUp! They'll let you start first;)

Classic!! :D:D

• Company Representative Posts: 195 Verified rep MISU Office

Hi folks, just a few points which might help you out:

*Student Services office is up the walls trying to get everything ready for next week, they are currently operating a voicemail and email system. If you have urgent queries just give us a shout on 061-400013 as we can answer most questions

*Finance office is pretty much in the same boat. Do not panic if you have not paid your fees yet as they will be operating a Fees/Finance Helpdesk in the Registration Hall on Wednesday and Thursday, they will let you know exactly what you need to pay etc.

*The bank is open on site here on Wednesday and Thursday from 10am to 12.30pm and 1.30pm to 4pm for anyone who still needs to pay fees on the day

*Please don't forget to bring whatever passport photos that have been requested as we do not have a passport photo facility on campus and you will have to head back down town and get some

Anything we haven't covered feel free to ask

MISU Team

• Registered Users Posts: 7 EmmaOs

Will the canteen be open Wednesday and Thursday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭grantyrs10

does anyone know where to get bus from limerick(mary i) to waterford?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Not too sure if there's a private bus running to/from colłege to Waterford.

The bus station is less than a twenty minute walk where buses and trains serve Waterford

grantyrs10 wrote: »

I think dambarude answered your question a few pages back on this thread :confused: -
    I'm not sure if there's a direct private bus, but the Bus Éireann timetable is here.

You get the bus from Limerick Station, which is here. It would be about 15/20 minute walk from Mary I, or 5-8 minutes in a taxi. You walk from the college towards town, make a right turn at the Redemptorist Cathedral, then left towards town again, and keep going until you see The Bank pub on the opposite side of the street, and turn right at the junction (towards Upper Mallow Street). Continue on past People's Park, turn left and the station will be on the opposite side of the street.

Ask at the station which stop the bus leaves from!

Just to let everyone know that there's a brief description of other forms of transport on the MIC website.

Also, the Bus Éireann website has a Journey Planner which might come in useful for specific routes in the first week or two (at least till you find out more regular routes).

I think dambarude answered your question a few pages back on this thread :confused: -
    I'm not sure if there's a direct private bus, but the Bus Éireann timetable is here.

You get the bus from Limerick Station, which is here. It would be about 15/20 minute walk from Mary I, or 5-8 minutes in a taxi. You walk from the college towards town, make a right turn at the Redemptorist Cathedral, then left towards town again, and keep going until you see The Bank pub on the opposite side of the street, and turn right at the junction (towards Upper Mallow Street). Continue on past People's Park, turn left and the station will be on the opposite side of the street.

Ask at the station which stop the bus leaves from!

Just to let everyone know that there's a brief description of other forms of transport on the MIC website.

Also, the Bus Éireann website has a Journey Planner which might come in useful for specific routes in the first week or two (at least till you find out more regular routes).
    thank you i hadnt noticed that reply.. thanks damaraude

when are all mary i students moving in? particularly bed students?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭stall_the_ball

when are all mary i students moving in? particularly bed students?

I'm moving on Tuesday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

I'm collecting my keys on Tuesday but I'm coming home that night. I'll be going up Wednesday to dump more stuff there and I'm pretty sure I'm staying until Friday. Home for the weekend and I'll properly organise everything and move up proper sometime next Sunday. I'm so relaxed but disorganised though. I still must go shopping for new clothes etc and I must get a duvet because I've a double bed at home. I haven't even thought about college stuff yet eventhough I must just get writing pads and the other basic ish...should be a hectic week though!

I'm collecting my keys on Tuesday but I'm coming home that night. I'll be going up Wednesday to dump more stuff there and I'm pretty sure I'm staying until Friday. Home for the weekend and I'll properly organise everything and move up proper sometime next Sunday. I'm so relaxed but disorganised though. I still must go shopping for new clothes etc and I must get a duvet because I've a double bed at home. I haven't even thought about college stuff yet eventhough I must just get writing pads and the other basic ish...should be a hectic week though!
    isnt there registration on weds morning?

Yep but like at some stage during Wednesday I'll surely have a chance to throw clothes or whatever into the apartment you know?

Yep but like at some stage during Wednesday I'll surely have a chance to throw clothes or whatever into the apartment you know?
    oh yea.. maybe you dont live faraway and can make it to limerick by 9

It takes about 1.5-2 hours to get to Limerick from my place...which is a fair bit of a trek but I'd rather make two journeys tbh so that I can carry up more stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭stall_the_ball

Silly question but is the Céilí dressy or casual jeans? Just packing and wondering how much stuff I'll need to get me by for the first while even :)

Silly question but is the Céilí dressy or casual jeans? Just packing and wondering how much stuff I'll need to get me by for the first while even :)

Casual, as far as I remember!

Although I did show up in my Austin Powers suit and cravat...let's not mention that one...:p;):D

Best of luck to everyone in orientation tomorrow!!

´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶……..
    ´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶´´´´´´´´´´¶¶……
    ´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶……….
    ´´´´´¶´´´´´¶´´´´¶¶´´´´´¶¶´´´´¶¶´´´´´¶¶…………..
    ´´´´´¶´´´´´¶´´´¶¶´´´´´´¶¶´´´´¶¶´´´´´´´¶¶…..
    ´´´´´¶´´´´¶´´¶¶´´´´´´´´¶¶´´´´¶¶´´´´´´´´¶¶…..
    ´´´´´´¶´´´¶´´´¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶….
    ´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶….
    ´´´¶´´´´´´´´´´´´¶´¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶´´´´´¶¶….
    ´´¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´¶´´¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶´´´´´¶¶….
    ´¶¶´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´¶¶´´´´´´´´¶¶´´´´´´´¶¶…
    ´¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´´´¶¶….
    ´¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶…..
    ´´¶´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶….
    ´´¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´¶´´¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶….
    ´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶…..
    ´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶…….

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭siobhanod93

When will we find out about our groupings?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

Mahoosive smiley face

My phone nearly died trying to display that!!! :D:p

My phone nearly died trying to display that!!! :D:p

What can I say? It's all part of the service! :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

What can I say? It's all part of the service! :D:D

Icarus, you would make a great moderator!
    If we need one more, I'll give you a shout! ;)

Oi, it's bad enough having the salary split between two, never mind having it split between three :rolleyes:

Now Ye're Talkin' !!

**Shameless Boards.ie Plug** :p
    Oi, it's bad enough having the salary split between two, never mind having it split between three :rolleyes:

I'm a person of simple means...

...a few brown envelopes and a "nice" seat, be grand! :D -

iron-throne.jpg

The groupings are up here for anyone who hasn't seen yet: http://www.mic.ul.ie/calendarstimetables/Pages/timetables.aspx

Ye can work out your timetable from there then. I'm happy with my group, I've already met a few from it too. Gutted with the timetable though. I knew there'd be long days but this is bad imo. As far as I'm aware I'm finished at 6pm every Monday to Thursday and I've a 9am start Friday and I think finishing at 5pm that evening. That's a howler for getting home for the weekend and I know college isn't all about the partying etc but that's a toughie after Thursday nights :/ More concerned about the 5pm one though because I'm pretty great to get up in the morning . Still though I'm looking forward to everything immensely :) I've only got two 9am starts which is good tbh. One question though, I'm scheduled to start at 11am on Mondays but must everyone be in college for nine next monday??

The groupings are up here for anyone who hasn't seen yet: http://www.mic.ul.ie/calendarstimetables/Pages/timetables.aspx

Ye can work out your timetable from there then. I'm happy with my group, I've already met a few from it too. Gutted with the timetable though. I knew there'd be long days but this is bad imo. As far as I'm aware I'm finished at 6pm every Monday to Thursday and I've a 9am start Friday and I think finishing at 5pm that evening. That's a howler for getting home for the weekend and I know college isn't all about the partying etc but that's a toughie after Thursday nights :/ More concerned about the 5pm one though because I'm pretty great to get up in the morning . Still though I'm looking forward to everything immensely :) I've only got two 9am starts which is good tbh. One question though, I'm scheduled to start at 11am on Mondays but must everyone be in college for nine next monday??
    No I wouldnt think so.. I wont be heading in until 11 in yer class I think !

The new B.Ed has brought about new timetable so; lectures used to always finish by 3 on Friday, and most would be finished before then. B.Ed Psychs nearly always had Fridays off!

No I wouldnt think so.. I wont be heading in until 11 in yer class I think !

Are you from Waterford by chance? :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement