Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Year UCC Students 2012-2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jay_c93

FIRTHY wrote: »
    lol.. where are u coming from? what course ar ya doing? ye we dont get the info pack until weds becoz were in the HEAR scheme :) dont worry about that ;)

im livin 5 mins from UCC so from cork :P I'm doing BIS :) ah thats grand so :D was getting a bit panicked :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3 NiamhTee

Anyone else gonna be doing Law and French?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Su94

Hi there, I know I will sound quite silly but I'm going to Cork this Wednesday, I'm from Barcelona and I'm doing the Environmental and Earth Sciences course...I haven't got my pack yet (I hope to get it before Wednesday...or I will have problems...). I know no one of Cork, I've never been in Ireland, is there anybody who is going to do the same course as me...or is in the same situation? =)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

Su94 wrote: »
    Hi there, I know I will sound quite silly but I'm going to Cork this Wednesday, I'm from Barcelona and I'm doing the Environmental and Earth Sciences course...I haven't got my pack yet (I hope to get it before Wednesday...or I will have problems...). I know no one of Cork, I've never been in Ireland, is there anybody who is going to do the same course as me...or is in the same situation? =)

im not doing your course...but i learn spanish in my spare time, any chance of helping me with my spanish? :pac::pac::pac::pac:

by the way theres a boards meet up im organising if you want to meet some poeple :D

and about your pack. you should have got it by now. maybe its different for you because your an international student...i dont know, but i suggest contacting the college asap ;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056742496

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭claireblossom

I'm doing biological and chemical sciences so we should share a few classes :)
    There's a few doing that course on here, and loads of people are moving to cork not lowing anyone so I wouldn't worry!
    Hope you enjoy Ireland!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

There'll be various meetings/groups/societies for international students so you won't be alone in that regard. Plus, your course always has its fair share of subscribers so as we say in Ireland, you'll "be grand".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

In the Boole where is everyone? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 31 FIRTHY

in the boole tooo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Vetton

Luno wrote: »
    In the Boole where is everyone? :pac:

So am I! There's a group of us. Join us. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Someone shout "Boards!?"...I'm curious to see what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 seandooleyking

Has everyone moved up yet? :D I feel like a pleb moving up Wednesday, I'm scared nobody will be there! I'm going to The Village by the way. Anyone doing Commerce International? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Paudyyy

With regards to the UCC e-Pub Questionnaire thing that we had to fill out, am I the only one? >>> https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/548216_454402807915785_1270507026_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12 haileyb

I'm doing the same course as you, I dont know anyone either and don't know my way around Cork either...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

Paudyyy wrote: »
    With regards to the UCC e-Pub Questionnaire thing that we had to fill out, am I the only one? >>> https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/548216_454402807915785_1270507026_n.jpg

I finished it too. Although I had to get a second reference number. Printed off the confirmation email just in case I need proof that Im not a potential alcoholic :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lauralawd

Block E ??

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Vetton

Someone shout "Boards!?"...I'm curious to see what happens.

We will try at the Mardyke sports centre now in an hour. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 bah94

shane9689 wrote: »
    12th i believe
    and you?

I'm 12th too :) watu studying?

bah94 wrote: »
    I'm 12th too :) watu studying?

music with arts, and you?

music with arts, and you?

applied psychology! i know one other person on that day too but he's doin social science. Think we'll get split up into our courses?? will u be headin down the 11th so?

applied psychology! i know one other person on that day too but he's doin social science. Think we'll get split up into our courses?? will u be headin down the 11th so?

i have no idea to be honest.
    yeah im going down on the 11th, where did you get accommodation?

• Advertisement

i have no idea to be honest.
    yeah im going down on the 11th, where did you get accommodation?

In brookfield block D dont know many in that area but know a few of my friends doin arts alright! where u stayin? what subjects you doin with the arts??

• Registered Users Posts: 24 MartonD2

Jesus that shane lad is gettin great use off boards haha!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

MartonD2 wrote: »
    Jesus that shane lad is gettin great use off boards haha!!!
    Like a fella on Coke for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 MartonD2

Havin right crack he is.... no point in even goin college when ya have boards sure!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Paudyyy

yenom wrote: »
    Like a fella on Coke for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Do we have to fill out that epub thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Do we have to fill out that epub thing?

It's optional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭CaoimheCweeva

I'm doing that course too :D

In brookfield block D dont know many in that area but know a few of my friends doin arts alright! where u stayin? what subjects you doin with the arts??

cool, im doing music with arts. so music, italian and computer science and u?
    im in castlewhite. i looked up the oreintation. looks like we all get a talk or something first from the president (of the college) then we get split up :/ but im still not sure...its on the ucc website somewhere...

yeah i know guys ahha i use this alot, but im working 9 hour days in a quiet place with only boards to entertain me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Su94

im not doing your course...but i learn spanish in my spare time, any chance of helping me with my spanish? :pac::pac::pac::pac:

by the way theres a boards meet up im organising if you want to meet some poeple :D

and about your pack. you should have got it by now. maybe its different for you because your an international student...i dont know, but i suggest contacting the college asap ;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056742496

hey, i can help anybody who want to improve Spanish if you help me with the English :) Even if you want to try to speak Catalan!
    maybe I will come to the meet up, I'm not sure yet, but thank you anyway!

ah, I've received my pack today, so there's no problem with it at the end! And well, I see that some of you are doing my course and are as lost as me, so I'm not so worried now :D

Advertisement