Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Year UCC Students 2012-2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Vetton

How about Brookfield? I'm in my place for the night until I move down on the 13th. Where's my roommates? ;(

• Registered Users Posts: 43 kimkim

fsetor wrote: »
    hey, anyone staying in vic mills or doing bio and chem sciences??

im doing that course, im in farranlea though. 2 of my friends are in vic mills alright. what day are you moving down?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 kimkim

is someone organising a meetup for all the boards ppl?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

kimkim wrote: »
    is someone organising a meetup for all the boards ppl?? :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056742496

there ya go XD come along

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ThunderRoad94

Vetton wrote: »
    How about Brookfield? I'm in my place for the night until I move down on the 13th. Where's my roommates? ;(

I'm Block E, but I'm not moved in yet... :( Don't have orientation till the 21st. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Catrionaa

ahaha i know that feeling alright.! :L sure at least we'll get to see everyone, meet some people..! :) yeah, we meet up there in the morning.!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

Anybody here in a similar situation to me? Im 22 going to college for the second time. However im not a mature student but ill have a good 5 years on some of the other students.

Wondering who it would be less wierd to align myself with?

keelanj69 wrote: »
    Anybody here in a similar situation to me? Im 22 going to college for the second time. However im not a mature student but ill have a good 5 years on some of the other students.

Wondering who it would be less wierd to align myself with?

i dont think it really matters too much. just who ever you have fun hanging out with. i get on well with both people alot older and younger than myself

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭claireblossom

Lads, I'm after breaking my elbow, and ive to wait till monday to find out if I need surgery, so i don't know if I'll be able to make my orientation :(
    Anyone know who I should contact if I can't make it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭CaoimheCweeva

Lads, I'm after breaking my elbow, and ive to wait till monday to find out if I need surgery, so i don't know if I'll be able to make my orientation :(
    Anyone know who I should contact if I can't make it?

E-mail or ring the college and let them know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Diesel94

Anyone in Victoria Mills? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Visited The Village and was seriously sad to see that nobody was in my apartment... Can't wait to meet you future roomies <3

• Registered Users Posts: 26 seandooleyking

Visited The Village and was seriously sad to see that nobody was in my apartment... Can't wait to meet you future roomies <3

I'M HERE

What block are you in? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

I'm in apartment 18 :D Dunno what the block is- the one on your left as you walk in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Izzie11

What exactly does the week/study review week mean? Are there actually lectures on during the week or is it "revision" time? Just trying to figure out if I'll actually have to be in college for that week or not.

On the term dates section of the site it says this:

First Teaching Period runs from Monday the 24th of September, 2012 to Friday the 14th of December, 2012 followed by a one week study/review week from Monday the 17th of December, 2012 to Friday the 21st of December, 2012.

and

Easter recess will run from Friday, 29th of March, 2013 to Sunday, 28th of April, 2013 inclusive, followed by a Study/Review week from Monday, 29th of April 2013 to Friday, 3rd of May 2013

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Izzie11 wrote: »
    What exactly does the week/study review week mean? Are there actually lectures on during the week or is it "revision" time? Just trying to figure out if I'll actually have to be in college for that week or not.

Basically, the only lectures that are on are simply reviews of what's been done during the term. They're optional. There is the chance that you may have the odd exam during the week though, think I have had some during study week in the past. Plus essays or projects to submit. Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Monkey Sampan

In case anyone forgets it, they'll have computers at reg part 2 to print out proof of reg part.1 - A fair amount of people forgot it on Friday

They took scans of my passport (even though it's long out of date) and my letter from SUSI saying I'm eligible for a grant

The only stupid thing I did was forgetting to take my bag off for the student card photo - it now looks like there's a spike going through my shoulder a bit like the priest in The Omen

10 mins in total - but prepare to be bombarded with Bank of Ireland leaflets

In case anyone forgets it, they'll have computers at reg part 2 to print out proof of reg part.1 - A fair amount of people forgot it on Friday

They took scans of my passport (even though it's long out of date) and my letter from SUSI saying I'm eligible for a grant

The only stupid thing I did was forgetting to take my bag off for the student card photo - it now looks like there's a spike going through my shoulder a bit like the priest in The Omen

10 mins in total - but prepare to be bombarded with Bank of Ireland leaflets

Where is registration part 2 exactly?

For us it took place in the basement of the Kane building, we were in there with one other class after lunch

You also get the goody bag at that stage, it's full of ads for societies, coffee sachets, a free hotpress mag
    but you have to take the free condoms yourself off a separate table

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 dcbeast

Anyone know how long the orientation lasts?

dcbeast wrote: »
    Anyone know how long the orientation lasts?

full day: 9am - 4pm, quick coffee break and a lunch break in between

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Paudyyy wrote: »
    Those that are doing Arts, what subjects are you choosing?

Geography, Irish, Politics and Computer science.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dcbeast

full day: 9am - 4pm, quick coffee break and a lunch break in between

Just the one day?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ilikemusiclots

shane9689 wrote: »
    disappointed :( at the lack of music students :(
    *tumble weed rolls by*

I'm doing music! :D

Well, Arts-Music :)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Neodymium

dcbeast wrote: »
    Just the one day?

Yes, orientation lasts one day.

I'm doing music! :D

Well, Arts-Music :)

im doing music with arts too! :)
    finally someone else in my class!
    suppose ill see ya at orientation on wednesday?

btw
    haha nice name "ilikemusiclots" :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Neodymium

shane9689 wrote: »
    im doing music with arts too! :)
    finally someone else in my class!
    suppose ill see ya at orientation on wednesday?

btw
    haha nice name "ilikemusiclots" :cool:

When I first read the name I thought it said 'I like clots' as in blood clots :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

On my registration I put down History, Philosophy, German, Greek and Roman Civilisation, Greek and Beginners Italian. Does anyone think there would be a problem with me switching to History, Chinese Studies, Beginners Italian and Gr&RCiv when I decide in mid October?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

keelanj69 wrote: »
    On my registration I put down History, Philosophy, German, Greek and Roman Civilisation, Greek and Beginners Italian. Does anyone think there would be a problem with me switching to History, Chinese Studies, Beginners Italian and Gr&RCiv when I decide in mid October?

Are they in the same groups? Watch for timetable clashes.

Advertisement