Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Year UCC Students 2012-2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

Anybody know if the time table we got at registration is final. I have greek and roman civilisation in the geography building at 10am monday and chinese at 11am in g08 like 10 minutes away. Its not possible to be on time for both.

Will the timetable change do you think or is this just cruddy timetabling?

Also it doesnt specify for italian spanish or portuguese when beginners is on while it does so for german. Any idea about that too?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 kimkim

Meglamonia wrote: »
    I saw nowhere at registration for showing that SUSI letter of application :eek: Is it serious that I missed that?

same thing happened me. i realised we were finished with registration and no one had said anything to me about it. i asked my peer support people about it, and they just semed to think the college would get back to me in time. i hope so anyway :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

keelanj69 wrote: »
    Anybody know if the time table we got at registration is final. I have greek and roman civilisation in the geography building at 10am monday and chinese at 11am in g08 like 10 minutes away. Its not possible to be on time for both.

Thanks.

From what I've heard lectures are only around 50 minutes long to give time for people moving around the campus.

Luno wrote: »

Thanks.

From what I've heard lectures are only around 50 minutes long to give time for people moving around the campus.

Shaaaweeet! Much obliged :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Anyone doing Spanish as part of Arts out of interest? :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Also it doesnt specify for italian spanish or portuguese when beginners is on while it does so for german. Any idea about that too?

Thanks.

tbh, the timetable is a bit of disaster sometimes with trying to get from one place to another. Lectures mostly do finish at the ten to or five to mark - because this regularly happened to me in my course, we'd have a word with the lecture that we may be arriving late into to explain, so that they'd understand that we were coming from another lecture

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Neodymium

I have a ticket for the disorientation party but I can't go. If anyone wants it you can pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

Neodymium wrote: »
    I have a ticket for the disorientation party but I can't go. If anyone wants it you can pm me.

did ya end up selling it?
    why didnt ya go? it was good craic XD

sincerely,
    a drunk feen after disorientation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭CZ 453

What was this disorientation party?

shezer wrote: »
    What was this disorientation party?

its where yout get so drunk you become disorientated :P ...
    nah it was just a thing on in the new bar for first years. was good craic, drink music, the usual. how are you only hearing about it now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭CZ 453

shane9689 wrote: »
    its where yout get so drunk you become disorientated :P ...
    nah it was just a thing on in the new bar for first years. was good craic, drink music, the usual. how are you only hearing about it now?

What type of music?Where did you hear of it?Was it emailed?

shezer wrote: »
    What type of music?Where did you hear of it?Was it emailed?

typical dj dance top of the pops stuff. all over campus! being bombareded by the student union about it. no it wasnt emailed, but if you showed up at all on campus you should have heard of it. theres the freshers ball in afew day too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Neodymium

Me tomorrow morning:

i know this is a little off topic, but if anyone finds out on thursday night which pub Paolo Nutini is performing in, could you please please post it here! It WOULD MAKE MY YEAR!

kimkim wrote: »
    i know this is a little off topic, but if anyone finds out on thursday night which pub Paolo Nutini is performing in, could you please please post it here! It WOULD MAKE MY YEAR!

Holy f-ing Moly.

never heard of that. i googled it and nothing recent really came up? wouldnt he play a stage? not a pub? s, keep us posted if you find out :) thx

ya, i heard it from a few people yesterday, its for Arthur's day on thursday. it is supposed to be a surprise, so its not common knowledge. there are going to be various people and bands performing in random pubs accross the city that night. i found an article about it online alright when i googled it. the problem is that no one will know where anyone is until the night itself. actually, which thing did everyone buy tickets for on thursday night??? cubins or the student centre?

ya, i heard it from a few people yesterday, its for Arthur's day on thursday. it is supposed to be a surprise, so its not common knowledge. there are going to be various people and bands performing in random pubs accross the city that night. i found an article about it online alright when i googled it. the problem is that no one will know where anyone is until the night itself. actually, which thing did everyone buy tickets for on thursday night??? cubins or the student centre?

ah alright. any idea of which pubs are the possible ones? id love to see that.

heading to the student center. cubins doesnt really look that great and you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 SP534

I've heard rumours it's Mumford&Sons that'll be in Cork? I dunno. It's making Thursday night a toughie - freshers ball, or MAYBE Mumford/Paulo. Maybe.

SP534 wrote: »
    I've heard rumours it's Mumford&Sons that'll be in Cork? I dunno. It's making Thursday night a toughie - freshers ball, or MAYBE Mumford/Paulo. Maybe.

there's a good few acts coming, paolo just happens to be one of them. i think what were gonna do is head out to the pubs in the town early and go to the the freshers ball after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

there's a good few acts coming, paolo just happens to be one of them. i think what were gonna do is head out to the pubs in the town early and go to the the freshers ball after.

You sure you're not confused with last year because Paolo played last year. Mumford and Fat Boy Slim playing tomorrow I think

anybody having problems getting stuff on blackboard? I can access the stuff at home for GRC but in the library the document is just a tiny x so i cant print it.

You sure you're not confused with last year because Paolo played last year. Mumford and Fat Boy Slim playing tomorrow I think

ya i know he was here last year, but people seem to think he is going to be here again this year. i don't know to be honest. i heard people saying in my lecture this morning that mumford&sons were going to be in some pub called riordans and that ellie goulding was gonna be here too. nobody is going to know for sure until tonight anyway. if people are out tonight and find out who's playing where, please post it here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

I think the Crane Lane posted a fatboy slim video on facebook, and old oak said they've got a big act, which could be Mumford and Sons if these rumours are true - wherever they come from - but I think both are invite only until 7 o'clock.. :-( Reardons sounds like an okay place to settle for... Someone mentioned Primal Scream?

anyone go to fatboy last night? and how was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭FreeFallin94

Hey guys I am really considering transferring from Law to Arts and I'm just wondering if any Arts students know whether there are any places left in Arts? I think I'd probably want to do any of these - English, French, Geography, or History . I'd like to do a bit of a different subject for my fourth choice though, like Psychology or Sociology!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

I reckon English is full up by now if previous years' experience are anything to go by. The rest, I hazard you should be fine in terms of spaces, but not certain.

Hey guys I am really considering transferring from Law to Arts and I'm just wondering if any Arts students know whether there are any places left in Arts? I think I'd probably want to do any of these - English, French, Geography, or History . I'd like to do a bit of a different subject for my fourth choice though, like Psychology or Sociology!

English geography and pychology are all full. Sociology looked near capacity too.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭FreeFallin94

English geography and pychology are all full. Sociology looked near capacity too.

Oh damn are you sure about Geography? The rest I don't mind so much but I was hoping that Geography wouldn't be full yet. I suppose I'll have to e-mail the Arts department or something to be 100% sure of what subjects I could take up really. I just hope that it's possible for me to transfer and do a few subjects that I like and could maybe use for Secondary teaching. I really don't think Law is for me at all.

• Advertisement

on the first day they said the subjects that were full. now some people may have changed subjects out of geography so there may be a slight chance. asking is your best bet.

Advertisement