Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Positioning of Wireless Router, Upstairs or Downstairs?

Options
  • 20-08-2012 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Just a Quickie, Is there a best / Ideal position to place a Wireless Router? At the moment Mine is on my Upstairs landing. Is there an ideal position for a Wireless router in the house. I have a Thompson twg870uir

Cheers :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Hi Guys,

Just a Quickie, Is there a best / Ideal position to place a Wireless Router? At the moment Mine is on my Upstairs landing. Is there an ideal position for a Wireless router in the house. I have a Thompson twg870uir

Cheers :)

Everybody's house and situation is different. IMO the best position is closest to where you use it most

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

Hmm its a standard Semi D:)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 iwantbroadband

Ours is in the attic of the house, and it gives us great coverage in every room upstairs and down. This is in an big old 2 story house with 3ft thick stone walls...

Advertisement