Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15 Mod Warning post #6011

• 20-08-2012 11:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭

Well overdue a new thread. Hopefully this season will see Celtic returning to the group stages of the champions league after an absence of four years. On the domestic front, the team will be expected to retain the SPL title won under Neil Lennon last season. Any major moves in the transfer market are expected only if the team ensure champions league football, leading to the possibility of a frantic last few days of the transfer window. Here's to an exciting season :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

If Ki leaves and I expect him to, I hope Celtic sign Markus Henriksen, Ki with a bit more 'drive' in his game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Ki's off, Mjallby just confirmed on SSN that the club are in negotiations with a number of other clubs and he wants out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Ki's off, Mjallby just confirmed on SSN that the club are in negotiations with a number of other clubs and he wants out

Hopefully a few clubs being interested will drive up the fee.

Anthony Stokes hasnt travelled with the Celtic squad to Sweden. So the only strikers we have are Hooper & Samaras

Hooper, Brown & Forrest will be doing fitness tests this evening but are expected to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I PM'd a mod last week for a new thread but was told we'd get it after 10k posts. :confused:

Anyway, I'm hopeful we'll get a decent fee for Ki. Wether it'll be reinvested in the squad is another thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Dempsey wrote: »
    Anthony Stokes hasnt travelled with the Celtic squad to Sweden. So the only strikers we have are Hooper & Samaras

Hooper, Brown & Forrest will be doing fitness tests this evening but are expected to play.

FFS! There isn't a footballer in Samaras at all. He plays at least 9 mediocre to poor games for every 1 decent to good.
    I'd take any price for him, and replace him with some of the Ki money when it arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

Presuming stokes isn't fit, doubt we'd sell him unless Lenny was buying a European standard striker.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

FFS! There isn't a footballer in Samaras at all. He plays at least 9 mediocre to poor games for every 1 decent to good.
    I'd take any price for him, and replace him with some of the Ki money when it arrives.

He can be frustrating at time, no doubt, but do you not think he had a good last season? I thought he was very good last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

It should be easy enough to progress to the group stages, since the first leg is in Sweden...so I hope ;)

PauloMN wrote: »

He can be frustrating at time, no doubt, but do you not think he had a good last season? I thought he was very good last season.
    I'd hate to lose sammy his direct pace,power and ability to keep the ball are a good contrast to the rest of our play going forward, he can test your patience though with some of his sammy moments.

• Advertisement

bobmalooka wrote: »
    Presuming stokes isn't fit, doubt we'd sell him unless Lenny was buying a European standard striker.

Sorry, should have been clearer. Stokes isnt fit to play. Dylan McGeouch, Daryl Murphy, Mo Bangura, Filip Twardzik and Rabiu Ibrahim are all out aswell.

Lennon says that talks with another club (Swansea) are at an advanced stage. Basically all Ki has to do is sign his name on the dotted line. Lennon doesnt know if he'll get the money to reinvest yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Second half of last season Sammy was our best and most consistent player.

bobmalooka wrote: »

Sorry, should have been clearer. Stokes isnt fit to play. Dylan McGeouch, Daryl Murphy, Mo Bangura, Filip Twardzik and Rabiu Ibrahim are all out aswell.

Lennon says that talks with another club (Swansea) are at an advanced stage. Basically all Ki has to do is sign his name on the dotted line. Lennon doesnt know if he'll get the money to reinvest yet.
    I'd say he can reinvest it but keeping expectations cool in case he can't secure his target/s. I guess now we know why Lenny was trying mc court in the ki role during pre season.

brian mclauchlin ‏@BBCBMcLauchlin

BBC Scotland has learned that Celtic have agreed to sell Ki to Swansea City for a fee close to £6 million. More soon

Nearly tripling our money on a player that doesnt want to be here anymore isnt bad business at all.

EDIT
    Alex O'Henley ‏@OHenleyAlex

#Swansea's initial offer for #Ki was £5m plus Stephen Dobbie.I believe they've now come back with a higher bid in excess of £6m with add-ons

Dobbie? No thanks, we already have Daryl Murphy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

brian mclauchlin ‏@BBCBMcLauchlin

BBC Scotland has learned that Celtic have agreed to sell Ki to Swansea City for a fee close to £6 million. More soon

Nearly tripling our money on a player that doesnt want to be here anymore isnt bad business at all.

Just as impressive is that he is far from our most important player, given a fully fit midfield I would not even have him on the starting line up. I would miss Ledley, Wanyama, a fit Kayal and perhaps Brown more than I will Ki. A good player no doubt but just not quite right for Scotland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Just as impressive is that he is far from our most important player, given a fully fit midfield I would not even have him on the starting line up. I would miss Ledley, Wanyama, a fit Kayal and perhaps Brown more than I will Ki. A good player no doubt but just not quite right for Scotland.

Yeah that sums my feelings up too, I do think Ki has the potential to become a very good player and hopefully we have a sell on clause but never really nailed down a starting spot.

Hopefully we'll move quickly for a decent CB, we're very short numbers there and I don't think Wanyama is the answer even short term.

Alex O'Henley ‏@OHenleyAlex

For those asking if #Dobbie is still part of proposed #Ki deal, no not as far as I understand. Fee of £6-6.5m w add-ons poss rising to £8m

He's too casual on the ball and doesnt do enough defensively imo. He's best suited to a 5 man midfield. Possibly £8m for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

christ, i think id prefer to see us exchange him for dobby from harry potter than him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

All the best to Ki. A underrated player within the Celtic support imo.
    If we do get to the group stages then he well be missed. But if he wants out and the price is right then what can you do. I expect a good sell on clause and future fees, it would be very daft just to get one lump sum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

PauloMN wrote: »

I agree I though he played very well for us last season especially when he played wide left rather then up front.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if the Helsingborg game is on TV or will be looking at streams?

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the Helsingborg game is on TV or will be looking at streams?

Live on TV3, coverage starts at 7:30

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Live on TV3, coverage starts at 7:30

TV3 :(
    Still, better than a dodgy stream with Arabic commentary -just about!

I think, it's a pity, that you can't get Channel 67 in Ireland, so we have to deal with TV3, I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Its also on STV if you have SKY and add it to your extra channels

Its also on STV if you have SKY and add it to your extra channels

Are you gonna watch the match? ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

Ki sold for about 6 million according to Lenny. I think that's a decent price for a player who wasn't a first team pick when everyone was fit, and who wanted to leave the SPL and try his hand in England himself. The money for him will go on keeping on top of the finances by the looks of it. Still need to get to the CL group stages if we are going to see a couple of decent signings.

Are you gonna watch the match? ;)

If I can't find a stream or radio broadcast for our then probably. Unless of course I can find something more exciting to do like watching paint dry ;)

If I can't find a stream or radio broadcast for our then probably. Unless of course I can find something more exciting to do like watching paint dry ;)

You could sit in the garden and watch the grass growing, or go to the airport and count the tiles in the bathrooms :D

• Advertisement

You could sit in the garden and watch the grass growing, or go to the airport and count the tiles in the bathrooms :D

Your right thanks for the ideas :p

You'll be watching. Even though your team plays in a different league than Celtic, you're still obsessed:pac:.

You'll be watching. Even though your team plays in a different league than Celtic, you're still obsessed:pac:.

Obsessed you ****ing delusional I suggest you count how many posts I have put in the Celtic threads in the last couple of months. Then count how many you have made in the Rangers ones or even in here then tell me who is delusional

Obsessed you ****ing delusional I suggest you count how many posts I have put in the Celtic threads in the last couple of months. Then count how many you have made in the Rangers ones or even in here then tell me who is delusional

Delusional? Never mentioned the word. Don't be foaming about the mouth, calm down lad. Sure I'm just as obsessed about your club. I can't wait 'til the next big game comes around v Stenhousemuir is it:pac:

Delusional? Never mentioned the word. Don't be foaming about the mouth, calm down lad. Sure I'm just as obsessed about your club. I can't wait 'til the next big game comes around v Stenhousemuir is it:pac:

Foaming at the mouth because of an poster like you Aye right. LOL even one of your fellow supporters had a go at you for bringing Rangers into the Celtic thread and Guess what you have just done it again.
    If brains were dynamite you wouldn't have enough to blow your hat off ;)

Foaming at the mouth because of an idiot like you Aye right. LOL even one of your fellow supporters had a go at you for bringing Rangers into the Celtic thread and Guess what you have just done it again.

Oh I wouldn't worry about that, I put him in his box;). Now stop hyperventilating there's a good lad;)

• Advertisement

matt mcglone ‏@MattMcGlone9
    I'm told the initial fee for Ki if he signs for Swansea is £6.3m with £1.2m of add-ons dependent on appearances, with a 15% sell on fee.

I'm told the initial fee for Ki if he signs for Swansea is £6.3m with £1.2m of add-ons dependent on appearances, with a 15% sell on fee.

That would be a good deal for Celtic for Ki if the info is accurate.

Fantastic deal for a squad player if you ask me :eek:

Oh I wouldn't worry about that, I put him in his box;). Now stop hyperventilating there's a good lad;)

Don't talk ****e I reckon if anything it was the other way round now why don't you get on with talking about your own team and give me peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

No one gives a rats arse eh? **** sake give it a rest will ya, you're embarrassing yourself with your obsession with them

• Advertisement

oh dear, :rolleyes:

Happy enough with that. Unfortunately i doubt Lennon will be given much of it if any

Happy enough with that. Unfortunately i doubt Lennon will be given much of it if any

We should stop paying debts for the craic! Whats the worst that could happen! :pac:

We should stop paying debts for the craic! Whats the worst that could happen! :pac:
    Good call, we'd get to set the new Scottish record for attendance at a fourth tier match next year too. Back on topic gonna miss ki but we got a decent deal according to what's been reported, we are blessed our 5th choice midfielder is so good. I think he can do well at Swansea.

I dont think our debt is a problem or am i picking you up wrong??

It is good business if that is the fee. I still think we will miss Ki but you can't turn down that money if he's not going to be playing every week plus he only had 18 months left on his contract.

We still need a striker. Samaras is best played out wide. Stokes and Hooper are also similar enough so another option is needed. A central defender wouldn't go amiss either. Rogne is injured a lot and Wilson is a bit suspect, Wanyama can play there but is better in midfield.

Tomorrow nights game will go along way to determine if there are going to be signings.
    Champions league money on top of Ki's transfer and Lennon will probably have a couple of million to play around with. I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of loan signings.

I dont think our debt is a problem or am i picking you up wrong??

Lennon stated earlier today that he doesnt know if he'll get the money to spend and its likely that the money will be used to service the clubs debts.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-lennon-wont-see-money-1271152?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I think its spin to stop clubs holding us to ransom over potential transfers targets tbh

Lennon stated earlier today that he doesnt know if he'll get the money to spend and its likely that the money will be used to service the clubs debts.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-lennon-wont-see-money-1271152?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I think its spin to stop clubs holding us to ransom over potential transfers targets tbh

Ya, makes sense, dont think we'll be spending much anyway

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

What's your take on tomorrow's game lads? Feeling confident we can do it over two legs, so long as tomorrow doesn't go disastrously wrong. Looks like they have their own problems, their on-loan goal scorer Finnbogason has just left so hopefully we can take advantage.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19252342

Would like to see Commons start, he's got our two league goals and played well v Helsinki. Seems to be getting back similar form to when he joined us. Hooper with Commons playing off him, and Sammy out left. Bring Forrest on later depending on how things are going.

I'll go for a 1-1 draw tomorrow.

Ya, makes sense, dont think we'll be spending much anyway

We'll know a lot more next Wednesday night. Our season spending hinges on qualification for the CL groups. If we do, it's likely Lennon will have money for a couple of signings. If we don't, well he'll have a much reduced budget if anything.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement