Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15 Mod Warning post #6011

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Simple goal in the end, Griffith's very relieved after his pen miss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

Yes!!

Great finish from Griffiths

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Lovely ball by johannsen and nice cushioned header

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Absolute peach of a pass by Johansen

Griffiths was superb with the finish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

What a great header from Griffiths

Junior Football style brainfart from Guidetti!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Pitch is in awful nick. One of the main reasons we are still level here.

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Pitch is in awful nick. One of the main reasons we are still level here.

I dont see it as the reason but its certainly not helping either team, nowhere near Fir Park, aka "The Beach" days :D

Guidetti has been poor

• Advertisement

I wouldnt give Guidetti a contract of any description at this stage. What the fcuk has happened to him in the last few months

Really should have won that game, lacked a bit of quality up front to create and take the chances.

Fair result in the end, hopefully the replay will be all about the football and not the referees and the state of the pitch. Epic Drama though!

DUTD keeper, MOTM

Dempsey wrote: »
    I dont see it as the reason but its certainly not helping either team, nowhere near Fir Park, aka "The Beach" days :D

It's not the only reason but Celtic had about 80% possession I think a better pitch would've favoured Celtic. Stokes hit the post in the first half, I reckon the uneven pitch kept it out. Replay. Should win at Parkhead.

It's not the only reason but Celtic had about 80% possession I think a better pitch would've favoured Celtic. Stokes hit the post in the first half, I reckon the uneven pitch kept it out. Replay. Should win at Parkhead.

It would have favored us more but at the same time good teams adapt to the conditions they are given. The best never use it as an excuse

Is the replay at Celtic Park?

• Advertisement

Is the replay at Celtic Park?

Surely, this match was at Tannadice. Is there a doubt?

Yep, a doubt in my mind :o

I would not put it past the SFA though!

Yep, a doubt in my mind :o

I would not put it past the SFA though!

They'd put it on the moon if they thought it increase their profit margin

Deila is pulling an Arsene Wenger

Safe to say that Commons career as a pundit wont take off!

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Intifada

Robbed once again. Sick of Scottish football.

No point in retrospectively punishing Cifti for kicking Brown in the head, they'll just overturn it on appeal :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Hopefully Stokes will be off for the second half, contributed nothing positive in the first half.

H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

It would have favored us more but at the same time good teams adapt to the conditions they are given. The best never use it as an excuse

Tp be fair nobody at Celtic has been using it as an excuse. There is no question though that yesterdays game being played on a cabbage patch helped Dundee United as it made it very difficult for us to move the ball with real speed and accuracy. Hopefully Hampden is in good shape come Sunday so we can actually get the ball down and play and really have a go at Dundee United. Thankfully the 2 games after that are at least at Celtic Park.

Stokes shot after Johansen slid the ball across was going in until it bounced off the cut up turf. Just because it's clichéd doesn't mean it can be any less of a legitimate reason for not getting a result. Inferior pitches help inferior teams. Even the Zombies admitted it was the reason we didn't smash them.

Cifti has been banned for 2 games for kicking Brown in the head. Butcher didn't get anything for kneeing VVD in the balls though, and Connolly got away with his dive.

Can't say I'm too surprised. They were hardly going to admit that their #1 referee got that much wrong in one game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

Given Butcher got away with his actions and Paton's and Van Dijk's appeals are set for Thursday logic would suggest that both will have their red cards overturned. But I guess this is the SFA so maybe a 10 game suspension for Van Dijk instead! Certainly logic goes well out the window when its the SFA on the case.

Am I the only one who thinks VVD deserved red?

bobmalooka wrote: »

Deserved a yellow imo, not a red. The only player that deserved a red was Ciftci

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1no4f8VoLM

VVD didn't connect with his opponents head with his boot. No I don't think he (Van Dijk) should've been sent off.

I thought it was borderline red, he tried to stamp on the DU player but didn't seem to make much contact. Due to it being so early in the game I think a yellow for him & the DU player with Cifti getting a red would have made sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

I understand why he got it. He hasn't a hope of winning the appeal.

• Advertisement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1no4f8VoLM

VVD didn't connect with his opponents head with his boot. No I don't think he (Van Dijk) should've been sent off.

Why not? He kicked out at an opponent, what the ref missed doesn't change that.

Deserved a yellow imo, not a red. The only player that deserved a red was Ciftci

Thd players know that kicking out is a red even if in reality it only deserves a yellow. Ideally the ref should have the option to only give 2 yellows instead of reds for the tangle but he doesn't.

Browns tackle was beyond wild and should have been a red, Cifti should have got red and a long holiday - kicks to the head should get a huge ban in my opinion.

Can you point out where VVD kicks Butcher. Not saying he doesn't, but I've watched it loads and can only see Butcher kneeing him in the bollocks.

Thd players know that kicking out is a red even if in reality it only deserves a yellow. Ideally the ref should have the option to only give 2 yellows instead of reds for the tangle but he doesn't.

Browns tackle was beyond wild and should have been a red, Cifti should have got red and a long holiday - kicks to the head should get a huge ban in my opinion.

The referee does have the option, I'd like to know what the linesman told him and how accurate it was. Remember that between the two of them they managed to send off the wrong player.

There was nothing wrong with Brown's tackle. He won the ball, it's still a contact sport the last time I checked!

DUFC are appealing Cifti's ban. Some brass neck but after getting his last one overturned, which was even more blatant, can hardly blame them.

Intifada wrote: »
    Can you point out where VVD kicks Butcher. Not saying he doesn't, but I've watched it loads and can only see Butcher kneeing him in the bollocks.

At 38 seconds on the YouTube link thecitizen posted above VBD stamps out (just before he gets kneed)

It's stupid and soft but it's a red card offence

The referee does have the option, I'd like to know what the linesman told him and how accurate it was. Remember that between the two of them they managed to send off the wrong player.

There was nothing wrong with Brown's tackle. He won the ball, it's still a contact sport the last time I checked!
    He had no option when payers kick each other - they identified the wrong DU player which is a farce,but when the linesman says he has seen them kick each other (I presume as that's whst happened on the floor) then the red has no choice.

Brown won the ball by leading two footed with studs up at pace - it's a wreckless type of challenge. He was lucky to not get pulled on it.

At 38 seconds on the YouTube link thecitizen posted above VBD stamps out (just before he gets kneed)

It's stupid and soft but it's a red card offence
    I see it now. Does look like a stamp, but it should be very easy to appeal against since his foot is so close to the ground anyway and there is no contact. Hopefully the fact Butcher has got away with doing much worse will mean they go easy on him. Unless they remember who he plays for...

Brown didn't go in with studs up btw. You can see here he has one foot on the turf, and his left boot has swung up after the tackle. He went in hard and could have got a booking, but the red card argument is only being given the light of day because of everything else.

Think Stokes makes some valid points here re. the whole diving debate: http://sport.stv.tv/football/video/4105012779001/

Although I have seen him dive before!

• Advertisement

He had no option when payers kick each other - they identified the wrong DU player which is a farce,but when the linesman says he has seen them kick each other (I presume as that's whst happened on the floor) then the red has no choice.

Brown won the ball by leading two footed with studs up at pace - it's a wreckless type of challenge. He was lucky to not get pulled on it.

You're making the assumption that the officials saw everything we saw from several replays. They certainly didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

Van Dijk red card rescinded.

The world still against you lot?

TheBuilder wrote: »

Nope. Conclusive proof that there has never been decades of institutionalised bias against Celtic right there.

You're just paranoid timmy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

Nope. Conclusive proof that there has never been decades of institutionalised bias against Celtic right there.

You're just paranoid timmy!

Institutionalised bias, aye okay mate.

In saying that, the SFA are clearly drunk this week, how can they possibly clear Ciftci?

Them are the breaks when you have someone on the professional game board...

You can see it because your club has been doing it for decades.

Am I playing this game right?

In other news Stokes & Griffiths have agreed a retainer agreement with Ciftci to represent them in their legal affairs.

That chap must have awful dirt on someone in the SFA, thats the 2nd serious violent conduct charge that was washed away

• Advertisement

More a case of wanting the whole mess to go away me thinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Conclusive proof that Peter Lawell directs the SFA and SPFL on what to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

I'm not sure what Scott Brown was playing at, there's pictures of him hammered on the front page of The Sun. You expect better from the captain days before a big game.

ColeTrain wrote: »
    I'm not sure what Scott Brown was playing at, there's pictures of him hammered on the front page of The Sun. You expect better from the captain days before a big game.
    Aha the traditional slur story in the week of a big game for Celtic :pac:

Brown will most likely run the the game on Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Aha the traditional slur story in the week of a big game for Celtic :pac:

Brown will most likely run the the game on Sunday.

It wouldn't have been printed if Brown hadn't decided to go on the tear days before a cup final.

He won't run the game if he's dropped and there's a strong chance he will be imo. Ronny is always preaching fitness and 'players being 24 hour athletes'.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement