Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15 Mod Warning post #6011

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Intifada

"Lets all do the Broony" should take a fun new twist

• Registered Users Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Surprised to see those pics of Brown, since he became captain I don't think he has put a foot wrong. I'm sure Delia will have a word and issue a fine but unless it becomes a regular thing I wouldn't be too worried

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭eire4

Not looking good at this point for Biton to be fit enough for tomorrow which will be a big blow for us considering how big a player he has become for us this season so far. I imagine Johansen will drop back alongside Brown if Biton doesn't make it with Commons taking up Johansens regular spot.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

1-0 to the Hoops at HT courtesy of Commons who connected with a saved ball deflected off the post.

Playing quite well but need to turn the screw 2nd half.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Dillon off rightly for a studs up challenge on Izzy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Easy enough win. Forrests arrogance refusing to give the peno to the peno taker, Guidetti, leaves a bad taste though.

Sheer arrogance, hopefully he'll be one of the players that gets told thank you but goodbye in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Easy enough win. Forrests arrogance refusing to give the peno to the peno taker, Guidetti, leaves a bad taste though.

Sheer arrogance, hopefully he'll be one of the players that gets told thank you but goodbye in the summer.

Forrest has been living off a few good games and his pace for 2 years now. Has had loads of chances but he ain't good enough.

Forrest is meant to be pretty handy at penalties himself. If I recall correctly the last time he missed one it was said that it was the first he'd ever missed and always scored them in training etc. It should have been Guidetti right enough but can't blame Forrest for wanting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,640 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Adam Matthews does the Broonie

CANk4A5WYAAQeYP.jpg

Really starting to despise Dundee Utd these days. Reading the absolute horseshít their players are coming out with, such bitter gobshítes.

After everything they got away with last week, kicking our players in the head, in the groin, diving for penalties, handballing it on the line (ok this was dealt with but it saved them the game) they have the audacity to say we get decisions that they don't! Brown jostled Dow the same way everybody does anywhere on the park without it being a foul. Can't blame Dow for going down, especially knowing how it worked for them on Sunday, but it's a nothing incident. Although you wouldn't think so with the amount of time devoted to it in the studio at HT. One of our players (think it was Griffiths, with the foul coming from Fojut) was hacked down from behind, in the box, while taking a shot, a far more blatant penalty call. Dillon reckons VVD should have been sent off for what wasn't even a foul. That Ryan McGowan was lucky to still be on the park too.

Hope we destroy them on Weds.

• Advertisement

Intifada wrote: »
    Really starting to despise Dundee Utd these days. Reading the absolute horseshít their players are coming out with, such bitter gobshítes.

After everything they got away with last week, kicking our players in the head, in the groin, diving for penalties, handballing it on the line (ok this was dealt with but it saved them the game) they have the audacity to say we get decisions that they don't! Brown jostled Dow the same way everybody does anywhere on the park without it being a foul. Can't blame Dow for going down, especially knowing how it worked for them on Sunday, but it's a nothing incident. Although you wouldn't think so with the amount of time devoted to it in the studio at HT. One of our players (think it was Griffiths, with the foul coming from Fojut) was hacked down from behind, in the box, while taking a shot, a far more blatant penalty call. Dillon reckons VVD should have been sent off for what wasn't even a foul. That Ryan McGowan was lucky to still be on the park too.

Hope we destroy them on Weds.

There certainly has been a lot of hypocrisy on the part of Dundee United players lately no doubt about it. They just cannot it seems bring themselves to accept they got beat on Sunday fair and square. We controlled and dominated that game right from the early minutes and fully deserved to lift the League Cup. It would be nice to really give them a doing Wednesday but all that matters is producing a good performance and getting through to the semi-finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭rosskind

That's awful harsh. Have they really said anything particularly bad? Beyond Paton, who doesn't do himself any favours, it's all pretty tame. I don't think Dillon actually says van Dijk's tackle on him was a red, only that he 'didn't like it' and that it was a foul, which is a fair point. It looks just to be a sensationalised headline unless I've missed the quote. He also admits that his red was correct, as much as anyone getting themselves sent off ever will. He and McGowan mentioned the penalty on Dow which, while soft, is a penalty for me. Let's remember the shouts for the Armstrong penalty claim at the San Siro, which was less of a foul; people can get carried away by emotion in the moment.

Also, none of our players appealed for that 'foul' on Griffiths that time, which tells you what you need to know.

Big match tonight. Not on TV not even Celtic TV ' cos of a ban connected with CL broadcasting rights. Strange one, guess Celtic are usually iinvolved in Europe on CL weeks so this doesn't happen often.

1 Nil Celtic from a Denayer header

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

2 nil now, Griffiths

BohsCeltic wrote: »

That's a good finish by Griffiths.

• Advertisement

4-0. Stokes got sent off there at the end. Does he miss league games now or will that red only affect Cup games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

TheCitizen wrote: »
    4-0. Stokes got sent off there at the end. Does he miss league games now or will that red only affect Cup games?

Scottish Cup only AFAIK as its a competition organized by the SFA, not the league

Dempsey wrote: »
    Scottish Cup only AFAIK as its a competition organized by the SFA, not the league

It's the Cup where he's needed most, where Mackay Stevens and Armstrong are Cup tied.

A violent conduct charge applies across competitions does it not? Maybe we can appeal it anyway, if Ciftic can elbow people in the face and kick them in the head ;)

On a more serious note, Stokes apparently left the field with blood on his face so there might be an incident to be reviewed with whoever it was he clashed with (commentary said McGowan but reports said Paton).

Great result. Any links to the Stokes incident? Straight red I assume? Is that a two match ban?

PauloMN wrote: »
    Great result. Any links to the Stokes incident? Straight red I assume? Is that a two match ban?

Yeah it was a straight red, I think it depends on the ref report but violent conduct could be a 3 game ban I believe.

Saw a PIC of Stokes leaving the pitch after the red card with blood on his mouth so looks like it was a reaction to an elbow, not sure if that will help with an appeal though

• Advertisement

Here's the pic: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CAaukjTW4AA9SCL.jpg

It won't help his appeal because you're not allowed belt somebody back, but it should mean a suspension for Paton/McGowan or whoever it was.

Our semi against Caley is a Sunday game yet again. What is the logic in having the two Premiership teams play on a pitch that's been made shíte of by two lower league clubs? Not to mention the 12:45 kick off and Caley fans having the longest trip of any of the 4 clubs

It was fairly harmless, he put his arms round Paton's shoulders and flung him to the ground after a 'coming together'. McGowan and Paton were closing him down and attempting to tackle as Stokes was running forward. McGowan's studs were up, Stokes might have mistakenly thought it was Paton and retaliated instinctively. Wouldn't explain the blood though, Paton might have thrown and elbow but hard to tell on the replays.

Does anyone have any clips other than those dodgy ones posted earlier? The game has been out on CelticTV since midnight so I thought there'd be something decent out by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,411 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

• Advertisement

Intifada wrote: »
    Does anyone have any clips other than those dodgy ones posted earlier? The game has been out on CelticTV since midnight so I thought there'd be something decent out by now.

According to Stokes himself it was Paron who elbowed him hence the blood as he was coming off. No excuse for his retaliation but Paton really was at it all night. As was McGowan whos challenge on Henderson was disgusting no attempt to play the ball there at all. McGowan was building up to that all second half. No idea how Rankin stayed on the pitch either. He was torn to shreds by Forrest all night and only finally picked up a yellow late on despite having even rugby tackled Forrest earlier just one of his many fouls. Never mind Cierzniak who could easily have got a red as well in the first minute when he fouled Griffiths outside the box. The ref did him a favour only giving him a yellow.

Best bit of the night was our 2 center backs passing to each other on the edge of their 6 to make it 4-0 and really put the seal on a good performance and a real thumping of a Dundee United team who sadly have continued to take their deluded whinging to extremes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,411 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

1-0 GMS

McNamara is getting annoying with his latest bout of whinging

2-0 Guidetti

3-0 Denayer backheel

Random question but anyone have a video of Donati's goal against Arsenal?

rosskind wrote: »
    Random question but anyone have a video of Donati's goal against Arsenal?

Google got me to this:
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xaamz7_arsenal-3-1-celtic-but-donati_sport

Nice goal!

What a great first half that was. Understandable we hit cruise control in the second half with the job done and dusted by half time and now a 5 point lead at the top of the table to wrap up a great week and perfect way to head into the international break.

http://www.celticfc.net/news/7908

L-O-fcukin-L! :pac::pac:

Thanks for the link, can't believe I missed that. Lovely strike!

Is it just me or is it weird it that the official website quotes a 'Celtic spokesperson'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

If they can see fit to defend a man twice found guilty of racism charges, i'm sure this will be no bother to the Celtic PR machine.

(FWIW, I believe context has to come into this and I doubt Guidetti really understood the ramifications of what he was doing, but hell - since when has that stopped football fans being offended?)
    rosskind wrote: »
    Thanks for the link, can't believe I missed that. Lovely strike!

Is it just me or is it weird it that the official website quotes a 'Celtic spokesperson'?

It means it's not an official statement, PR strategy.

Cool. Strange that the club haven't been charged over fans signing it but he gets done for repeating it.

Eirebear wrote: »
    If they can see fit to defend a man twice found guilty of racism charges, i'm sure this will be no bother to the Celtic PR machine.

(FWIW, I believe context has to come into this and I doubt Guidetti really understood the ramifications of what he was doing, but hell - since when has that stopped football fans being offended?)

It means it's not an official statement, PR strategy.

And yet silence is golden when it comes to talking about your own club. Hows the long grass?!

Who was found guilty twice of racism? Refresh my memory, its been on the blink since paddy's weekend.

The SFA is full of idiots. This is another exercise to show the public how far they can go!

• Advertisement

Well aside from whether that word is offensive or not, the bit I don't get is how the SFA can even be involved in what a player said off duty on Dutch TV. They really, truly are a fcuking joke. They should focus their efforts on sorting out fan behaviour closer to home. Of course Fenian blood is nowhere near as offensive as a word that refers to Rangers fans. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Insane that this is being pursued.

Insane what constitutes offence these days.

And yet silence is golden when it comes to talking about your own club. Hows the long grass?!

Who was found guilty twice of racism? Refresh my memory, its been on the blink since paddy's weekend.

The SFA is full of idiots. This is another exercise to show the public how far they can go!

Silence? There's been plenty activity on that thread, sometimes I just like to bow to the Celtic supports superior knowledge of stock markets and business law, its not my area of expertise really.
    But never mind, always nice to know a conversation regarding Celtic will always come back to a dig at Rangers for you. I'll go back about my business and leave you to it.

Silence? There's been plenty activity on that thread, sometimes I just like to bow to the Celtic supports superior knowledge of stock markets and business law, its not my area of expertise really.
    But never mind, always nice to know a conversation regarding Celtic will always come back to a dig at Rangers for you. I'll go back about my business and leave you to it.

You made the Guidetti story your business when you posted and now you give that weak response? Go back to whatever 'business' suits you now. Maybe the wind will change direction and it will be your business again!

Get your dig in at Celtic before you go about your business though.

Guidetti is being charged with being offensive for a clip on Dutch TV where he refers to a ditty the Celtic songs sing in his support. How is it possible that 20 odd thousand Rangers fans can sing loud and clear a rancid sectarian song at Hampden Park, but nothing can be done about it, no-one at The Rangers are even asked to comment on it, but on the other hand John Guidetti faces a charge for - in relative terms- a non sectarian, fairly harmless clip on Dutch TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Guidetti is being charged with being offensive for a clip on Dutch TV where he refers to a ditty the Celtic songs sing in his support. How is it possible that 20 odd thousand Rangers fans can sing loud and clear a rancid sectarian song at Hampden Park, but nothing can be done about it, no-one at The Rangers are even asked to comment on it, but on the other hand John Guidetti faces a charge for - in relative terms- a non sectarian, fairly harmless clip on Dutch TV.

According to Vincent Lunny, the charge is about saying Rangers are dead.

Hilarious. Scottish football is a laughing stock. Trying to whitewash liquidation on a world stage now.

Hilarious. Scottish football is a laughing stock. Trying to whitewash liquidation on a world stage now.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Vincent Lunny has no say in what the charge is or isn't anymore

You made the Guidetti story your business when you posted and now you give that weak response? Go back to whatever 'business' suits you now. Maybe the wind will change direction and it will be your business again!

Given that i may, or may not come under the derogatory term which Guidetti used then i think it's fair comment on my part.
    You have made it clear however that my opinion is not welcome, therefore i shall leave you to it.
    I'll leave some inverted commas for you to place wherever you feel is dismissive enough "".

• Advertisement

I'll repeat the second part of my post, just for those who like to jump on the Rangers supporter with preconceived ideas.

"FWIW, I believe context has to come into this and I doubt Guidetti really understood the ramifications of what he was doing, but hell - since when has that stopped football fans being offended?"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement