Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15 Mod Warning post #6011

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Dempsey wrote: »
    I'd offer him the going rate, i.e. what Stokes & Griffith is getting, with an agreement to renegotiate in 2 years time or a heavily performance based contract that amounts to a high wage. No chance I'd offer him what Brown is getting at this stage. And, iIf he believes he's little/nothing to learn after a season like that, I'd pull the contract off the table.

I've seen it rumoured that the club have already offered more than that to him, around 18 K it's been rumoured, but you'd renegotiate by offering less:pac:.

You'd have no chance of getting him so.

Maybe you don't like his personality or something, I don't care about his persona. He's the best striker at the club, he's better than Stokes and Griffiths and is therefore worth more than they are on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

TheCitizen wrote: »
    I've seen it rumoured that the club have already offered more than that to him, around 18 K it's been rumoured, but you'd renegotiate by offering less:pac:.

You'd have no chance of getting him so.

Maybe you don't like his personality or something, I don't care about his persona. He's the best striker at the club, he's better than Stokes and Griffiths and is therefore worth more than they are on.

How do you know that the rumored contract isnt a performance based contract? Explain how what I said contradicts the rumours the papers are peddling??

Glad to see that your are so liberal with other people's money, easily done! Guidetti isnt the first, nor will he be the last, that shown great form in the final year of their contract. My concern is with his attitude as a professional athlete, not his persona. He's easily distracted and his professionalism isnt much better than Stokes or Griffiths. I'd incentivize the player to keep his head down till he matures abit more as he clearly needs to do that to get to the next level and I think he could easily end up in the wilderness as he has threatened to do for spells of last season and this season as become a quality player.

How do you know that the rumored contract isnt a performance based contract? Explain how what I said contradicts the rumours the papers are peddling??

Glad to see that your are so liberal with other people's money, easily done!
    Guidetti isnt the first, nor will he be the last, that shown great form in the final year of their contract. My concern is with his attitude as a professional athlete, not his persona. He's easily distracted and his professionalism isnt much better than Stokes or Griffiths. I'd incentivize the player to keep his head down till he matures abit more as he clearly needs to do that to get to the next level and I think he could easily end up in the wilderness as he has threatened to do for spells of last season and this season as become a quality player.

Strange comment. I'm talking about money that Celtic spend on signings and wages. Celtic have wasted around about 7 or 8 million on strikers that were duds in recent seasons. If they can do a deal with Guidetti, it would be money well spent in my view, and I'd offer him as much as possible to see if we can get him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Strange comment. I'm talking about money that Celtic spend on signings and wages. Celtic have wasted around about 7 or 8 million on strikers that were duds in recent seasons. If they can do a deal with Guidetti, it would be money well spent in my view, and I'd offer him as much as possible to see if we can get him.

If we did offer him similar money to Brown & his form post Xmas was his standard, it would be money wasted.

It could be money well spent

Not a strange comment at all, Its easy to say that the club should break the bank for one player until you end up with a dud, easy to waste £5m on a contract as £3m. I dont get your logic that by spending a few million more, we somehow reduce risk.

Getting burnt on several other strikers in recent history nor does the potential he does have if everything happens to go right for him mitigate the risk he currently carries. I doubt you gamble much on 50:50's with your own money. I dont

It could be money well spent

Not a strange comment at all, Its easy to say that the club should break the bank for one player until you end up with a dud, easy to waste £5m on a contract as £3m. I dont get your logic that by spending a few million more, we somehow reduce risk.

Getting burnt on several other strikers in recent history nor does the potential he does have if everything happens to go right for him mitigate the risk he currently carries. I doubt you gamble much on 50:50's with your own money. I dont

Every signing is a gamble. The club has lost a lot on gambles in recent years. I've seen enough of Guidetti, that he'd be worth taking a gamble on, he has shown at times that he'd be a good signing. Needs a bit of consistency, needs to work on fitness levels, he can do that with a full pre season. Probably he will get a better offer somewhere else anyway.

RoryMac wrote: »
    If we did offer him similar money to Brown & his form post Xmas was his standard, it would be money wasted.

Scott Brown took a while to find his feet at Celtic after his 4.4 million transfer. He's been a great signing overall but struggled at times in his first couple of seasons, also has had a fair few injuries. It's a matter of judgment, I think Guidetti would prove to be a great signing if a deal could be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Intifada

"Give him the same money as Stokes"

jesus christ

Why not sign Denayer and give him the same money as Ambrose too

Scott Brown took a while to find his feet at Celtic after his 4.4 million transfer. He's been a great signing overall but struggled at times in his first couple of seasons, also has had a fair few injuries. It's a matter of judgment, I think Guidetti would prove to be a great signing if a deal could be done.

Yeah Brown did struggle in the first few years but I'd guess his wages increased as his importance to the team grew too so he probably didn't join on 22k or whatever his wages are.

I would like to see Guidetti sign as he is a step above our current strikers when on form and I do think the uncertainty over his future played some part in his loss of form. Maybe if his recent improvement continues we will offer him a better deal but chances are he has better offers on the table than we can match

• Advertisement

Intifada wrote: »
    "Give him the same money as Stokes"

jesus christ

Why not sign Denayer and give him the same money as Ambrose too

Read my posts in full or dont bother your hole reading them at all

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ladjacket

not a vintage performance yesterday by any means, but edging closer to the title

Guidetti has had an offer from Feyenoord but stalled on that too. Clever man or clever agent, obviously keeping his options open so he can take the highest.

Guidetti has had an offer from Feyenoord but stalled on that too. Clever man or clever agent, obviously keeping his options open so he can take the highest.

Was the offer from Feyenoord more than what we offered, I don't think generally they'd be paying higher wages than we would.

Was the offer from Feyenoord more than what we offered, I don't think generally they'd be paying higher wages than we would.
    Would they not? They're a decent sized club, made about 20m in transfers last summer, and probably get more TV/prize money than us too.

Anyway apparently they're aware they prob can't meet his financial demands but will be hoping he'll reduce them since he's popular there (just have to look at Celtic's twitter to see the amount of daft **** in our support slagging him off).

Would they not? They're a decent sized club, made about 20m in transfers last summer, and probably get more TV/prize money than us too.

Anyway apparently they're aware they prob can't meet his financial demands but will be hoping he'll reduce them since he's popular there (just have to look at Celtic's twitter to see the amount of daft **** in our support slagging him off).

The BBC rumours page says he wants 15k a week but also a "huge" signing on fee and Feyenoord have said it's too much. They didn't specify "huge".

He is available for free, on the open market if he had a couple of years left on a contract he'd be worth at least 6 million I would guess. If that rumour is anything to go by then I think we could match whatever Feyenoord can offer.

• Advertisement

I heard 30k but that's the rumour mill for you...

Large signing on fee is understandable considering he's on a bosman. Also any non-English club avoids paying City a development fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Split is a mess for travelling fans. 2 Friday nights and 3 Sunday mornings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

I heard 30k but that's the rumour mill for you...

Large signing on fee is understandable considering he's on a bosman. Also any non-English club avoids paying City a development fee.

Well if he is looking for 30k a week then there is zero chance he will be signing a permanent deal with us. But who knows what the number is its all speculation. Either way it seems at this point highly unlikely he will be staying at Celtic beyond this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Did Feyenoord not almost go bankrupt few years ago? Dont know how financially competitive they will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

Good win tonight.

Sneaking closer to the title.

• Advertisement

eire4 wrote: »
    Well if he is looking for 30k a week then there is zero chance he will be signing a permanent deal with us. But who knows what the number is its all speculation. Either way it seems at this point highly unlikely he will be staying at Celtic beyond this season.

You're probably right. We'll go and sign 3 woeful strikers on £10k a week instead !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Leigh Griffiths last night after his hat trick.

Look closely!

2zppmwx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Teacake?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

Leigh Griffiths last night after his hat trick.

Look closely!

2zppmwx.jpg

Hahah that is quality the little teacake on top of the ball. Well deserved he was brilliant when he came on last night. Think his hat trick makes him our top scorer right now with 15 goals. Would imagine he is a definite starter now for the cup semi-final Sunday.

1 nil to Celtic at HT. Been impressed with Caley, good passing and have created a few half chances.

Shocking decision just before HT, clear handball should have been a penalty for Celtic & red card for the Caley player. Not sure what the point is of the officials behind the goal if they can't spot that from 2 yards.

Plenty of room for improvement in the 2nd half for Celtic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

One of the most blatant saving a goal with your hand you will ever see and at least 3 officials did not see it!!

Incompetent shower

Tweet from the Official ICT account

"Celtic fans booing the ref but in fairness that is a cracking save from Josh Meekings."

Ha ha

oh dear

Jaysus, pen & red card for Gordon. Thought Gordon should gave been quicker off his line.

Puts more of a spotlight on the missed decision 1st half

1-1, deserved penalty, laws of the games says correct sending off.. but by feck that is certainly not fair considering the appalling decision by the officials at the end of the 1st half

• Advertisement

Celtics midfield has been very poor, need more from Commons & Johansen or to make a change but not liking our options from the bench.

1-1, deserved penalty, laws of the games says correct sending off.. but by feck that is certainly not fair considering the appalling decision by the officials at the end of the 1st half

Ref has evened up the contest here to make it more interesting perhaps. Would be more honest and upfront if Celtic were told they were starting the match a goal down or a man down, like some handicap system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Need to get one before 90 minutes, ICT will be at a definite advantage with the extra man in extra time.

Need to get one before 90 minutes, ICT will be at a definite advantage with the extra man in extra time.

Couple of options still on the bench. I think Deila's keeping them with extra time in mind.

May as well be 2 men down with the way Commons is playing

Tonev????

Some Celtic players certainly have the wrong boots on as they slip slide through the match

ICT 2 - 1 Celtic

Get in

Bit of a gift from the keeper

• Advertisement

Mistake from the keeper

Proper Cup match here now

Mistake from the keeper

Took a fair bounce off the pitch in front of him.

Took a fair bounce off the pitch in front of him.

Certainly did

yaV3jD.gif

m8VMWJ.gif

What was Zaluska at there?!?!

Very poor decision from Zaluska

• Advertisement

Zaluska lost the plot there

Absolutely rotten from Tonev, school boy stuff

Edit: Wild shooting from Guidetti

FFS, thought Izzy couldve done more to clear or at least get back into a covering position

Decision in the 1st half was massive but we didn't play well at all. All midfield players were poor.

Tonev is absolutely ****e, commons was anonymous.

Relying on the same couple of players to drag us through games.

ICT showed great mentality to keep pushing for a winner but if it wasn't for a hilariously bad decision from the red that game was buried.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement