Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15 Mod Warning post #6011

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Yasss

Commons :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Fcukin YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Yessssssssss!!!

Celtic concede scored in the first couple of a European tie.

He connected well with that one!! C'mon Bhoys!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Typical slow start from Celtic!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Good aul Trevor Welsh. Kris Commons, the 28yr old from Scotland...

Again demonstrating his indepth football knowledge

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Good aul Trevor Welsh. Kris Commons, the 28yr old from Scotland...

Again demonstrating his indepth football knowledge

Was too busy being stunned to notice him! ;)

Big save from Forster there. We were opened up very easily.

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Big save from Forster there. We were opened up very easily.

Yep, they should have scored there, a better team would have. We need to tighten up to their forwards a bit more. This is what I don't like about this formation, don't think the players are as confident when we are having to defend like that.

Thank f### Fraser is on form.

Oooooft!!... Lucky!... We are shockin in defence.

• Advertisement

Jaysus, Celtic reverting to type here. Can't believe they have not scored at least once now. Celtic all over the place the last 10 mins. Need to calm the heads and starting passing with confidence.

Matthews redeems himself there, just about..
    Too close for comfort.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Stream? :/

Augmerson wrote: »
    Stream? :/

Should be on the TV3 site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

Only being watching last 5. Delighted to be ahead but its been all them lately.

Being totally outplayed here for the last 30 mins at this stage. How they have not scored more is beyond me. That guy Anderson is picking up every pass to him with ease. 'Mon Celtic, you are better than this ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

2nd best for most of that 1st half, but still 1-0 up. Great start, but nothing since then. Do well to hang on the way things are looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

A serious rocket up the arse is what's needed, headless stuff from us and we're very lucky to be ahead. Our 3 in the middle aren't working well together, poor positioning leading to panic. Lenny could try putting brown wide right and commons up behind hooper to press higher.

Much better so far, Forrest has put us more on the front foot.izzy looks sh1te

• Advertisement

I'd get McCourt on, maybe take off Commons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

Rogne lucky not to get a red card there i think....Forrest has made a difference in 2nd half with a bit of pace on counter attack but they have been sitting back a lot.

It's like we're afraid to commit to challenges or something. Helsingborgs are passing the ball about far too easily in midfield, right under the noses of our players.

Wilson on...

I feckin' love Sammy.

YYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

G'wan!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭General Relativity

Champions league... we're back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭drumlover22

Don't deserve at all, but I'll take it. GET IN!

Sammy, you beautifull haired man.yeeesss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

2-0 now Samaras, don't know how...but well in charge now!!

Fùck yessss!

That Samaras is great. I've always thought so.... :P

• Advertisement

Thoroughly undeserved but those are the breaks :D

LETS ALL DO THE HUDDLE
    The home support have gone quiet :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

Nice 1 home and hosed. Champions League here we come. I think we can expect some investment in a cb and a cf now as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

Great scoreline and should be good enough to go through. The big European nights should be back in paradise :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Only getting the last 8 minutes of the match and I didnt have it recorded :mad:

Anyone sees a youtube link to the game or somewhere I can watch it afterwards, let me know i'd appreciate it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Watched the match tonight, not a vintage performance by any stretch, but a good away win in the end. That young lad Forrest looks like a cracking young player, very impressed after he came on for the 2nd half, looks like you have a potential star there.

Dempsey wrote: »

Anyone sees a youtube link to the game or somewhere I can watch it afterwards, let me know i'd appreciate it

Some of the Bhoys on talkceltic upload games.

Job done I'd say. Celtic won without playing at their very best and Helsingborg missed some opportunities. Can take the chance to invest in a couple of players now, and shift some deadwood and players who want out. Dream result, couldn't have expected better, and a wee wager on coming in too:D

You caught the best bit, aside from the first 10 or so mins. Thought Celtic were good for the last 20 mins, especially after Sammy's goal. For a large spell though we were outplayed in midfield, and only a lack of cutting edge, actually really poor finishing, got us out of jail.

This 3 at the back thing does not suit us imo, period. I think it confuses the players and put them under real pressure when the opposition are on the break. I wish Lenny would quit with it. 4-4-2, or 4-5-1 for me for CL group games. 3 at the back has a real lack of balance for me, especially for teams who are defensively average (like Celtic).

Great result, not the best performance but who cares!!!

Hopefully we can get a few bob from Lawwell now to strengthen the first team.

Kerr says Izzy played well overall?

• Advertisement

From what I've seen/heard post match, Forster was outstanding again. £2m for him was daylight robbery!

He's not the messiah he just looks like it says the guy from TV3 about Sammy:D. Fairly accurate, still Samaras has improved a good bit over the last 12 months.

We need to invest to compete in the CL Group stages and have the chance to do that now. Happy days, opportunities opening up for Celtic now.

From what I've seen/heard post match, Forster was outstanding again. £2m for him was daylight robbery!

An absolute bargain, his improvement last year was immense and looks like he's continued that this season

Could have been a different game 2nd half if it were not for his fantastic first half saves. He was brilliant tonight.

Forrest looked a real threat when he came on also.

I wonder about Hooper's fitness, he's not looked great so far this season. Hope it's just a blip.

I think we all agree that a striker and CB are absolute priority now.

We'd get blown away by a good team if we played like we did for the majority of that game, the good thing was we could have put 5 past them without really getting near our best. Kayak and izzy had shockers, Forrest looked sensational when he came on

9qh8pe.png

Stokes does abit of hunskelping even whilst injured :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Delighted with a decent win in the end, great performances from Sammy and Forster. Hopefully, Joe Ledley is not injured.

Looking forward to the group stages now anyway :)

Lennon wrote:
    Ledley, Rogne, Kayal, Commons all have ankle niggles. Brown has cramp. Wilson shin splints. Wanyama and McCourt will be back.

All this talk of a centre back and a striker....might want to add another physio to the shopping list!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Highlights on UTV now

• Advertisement

Soups123 wrote: »
    Highlights on UTV now

Have it on! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement