Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15 Mod Warning post #6011

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

I see a post from Jelle1880 has made it onto the Celtic forums :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

ColeTrain wrote: »
    I see a post from Jelle1880 has made it onto the Celtic forums :D
    I assume it comes from FF?
    What's that word again....Obfessed? Odmessed? Obtessed?

I know it...it's on the tip of my tongue...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Eirebear wrote: »

Says the guy waiting to pounce on something Rangers related said in the Celtic thread :pac:

Dempsey wrote: »
    Says the guy waiting to pounce on something Rangers related said in the Celtic thread :pac:

Not really, i came in to read the reaction to this evening's game because i was watching our own match.
    Turns out the reaction on Celtic forums, was to have a look at Rangers ones.

Says a lot.
    ;)

Not really, i came in to read the reaction to this evening's game because i was watching our own match.

Says a lot.
    ;)

You wouldnt find Rangers fans talking about topics on Celtic forums! Does it take long to get used to blinkers or were you born with them on? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

Saw the match today great result from a liverpool fan hope ypu can go a long way in the competition

Says a lot.
    ;)

You wouldnt find Rangers fans talking about topics on Celtic forums! Does it take long to get used to blinkers or were you born with them on? :pac:

Lol, the "not two sides of the coin" argument falls away from time to time eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Yeah it was lifted from FF. I only posted about it because I recognised the user name. Believe me I'm not thinking much about Rangers nor will I be at least for the foreseeable future.
    Five Star Poster

It doesn't matter what they do in the CL.
    Sure, they will get a lot of money from it, but they desperately need it too.

We on the other hand are debt free and can work our way up.

And when we get into the SPL (or whatever the **** it's called by then) and get CL football every million we make there will be pure profit.
    Project 61: Recognise Rangers' Wartime Heros

Spot on. We are in much better position than them really.

:D

Lol, the "not two sides of the coin" argument falls away from time to time eh?

Fans blast other fans stupid comments shocker!

Maybe you should skim around some Rangers</insert any club> forums, it would be bit of an eye opener for ya.

You're living in a bubble tbh

gaelicred wrote: »
    Saw the match today great result from a liverpool fan hope ypu can go a long way in the competition

Thanks, Lennon still has alot to learn and so do the players about playing in Europe. I only got to see a highlights package of the game but there is alot to be worked on and we cant expect Forster to perform like that in every game. Being in a European competition after christmas should be the expectation of the players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Yeah it was lifted from FF. I only posted about it because I recognised the user name. Believe me I'm not thinking much about Rangers nor will I be at least for the foreseeable future.

:D

that our jelllie?? LOL i saw that on the huddleboard earlier. Unbelievable what goes through his mind really

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

And when we get into the SPL (or whatever the **** it's called by then) and get CL football every million we make there will be pure profit.

Funniest thing I've read in ages!

Pure profit. Aye, of course it will be. And then the tooth fairy and Santa will leave you even more cash for those empty warchests.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Great result for Celtic last night. I didn't get to see game in end but saw Commons goal which was an absolute peach. Celtic needed CL football this season so all credit to Lenny and his team for delivering it. The pressure is off now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

Great result last night. Whose all coming to CP next week to make some noise for the team? Day trip on a bis from Dublin city centre, you know you want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

that our jelllie?? LOL i saw that on the huddleboard earlier. Unbelievable what goes through his mind really

Care to explain what's so weird about it ?

This is if we don't act stupid money-wise though, but if we keep a healty business going then getting into the CL in a few years will be nothing but profit for us, where as for Celtic it's a necessity.

Not sure if I should be flattered, or if my details will be posted on the internet and my car vandalized though ;)

Jelle1880 wrote: »

This is if we don't act stupid money-wise though, but if we keep a healty business going then getting into the CL in a few years will be nothing but profit for us, where as for Celtic it's a necessity.

Not sure if I should be flattered, or if my details will be posted on the internet and my car vandalized though ;)
    Our Jelle lol hahahaha. You're debt free because even wonga.com won't give you a loan. Charlie Green is leading you all on a merry dance and you just don't see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Jelle,

Where are you getting the idea that Celtic are in a lot of debt???!!!

How much debt do you reckon we're in?!

Jelle,

If I recall correctly you had a bank debt of about 7m (down from 9m), and the profits dropped drastically from 7m to 180k.

I never said you have a big debt, I'm sure it's manageable but that's where the CL money comes in.

I haven't seen any figures yet but I also heard season ticket sales are down, and not by a bit ?

and considering your history that's one big if. Yes if all goes smoothly ye will arrive back in the top flght in a relatively good shape financially, but thngs arent that simple, far from it but hey you pretend to yourslef that it is.

Mind you what really got me was the post under yours where steadfast says that really ye are in a better postion. Not attributing that to you obv but thats a mental thing to say

and considering your history that's one big if. Yes if all goes smoothly ye will arrive back in the top flght in a relatively good shape financially, but thngs arent that simple, far from it but hey you pretend to yourslef that it is.

Mind you what really got me was the post under yours where steadfast says that really ye are in a better postion. Not attributing that to you obv but thats a mental thing to say

Yeah, and the first reponse to that was 'Serious post ?', it is indeed a silly thing to say :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Celtic are £7m in debt, have just sold Ki for £6m+, and look likely to enter the CL groups now. We also have a squad that will win the SPL, and that will hopefully make some dent in Europe.

The Rangers are in Div 3, have no debt and have a squad probably comparable to most Div 1 sides. No European income for years, and a squad to be built back up over time to challenge for the SPL title when they get back there. And that's aside from what Charles Green will be looking for from his investment.

Tell me, how can The Rangers be in a better place than Celtic right now?

To reckon that The Rangers will be debt free by the time they are back in top level Scottish football is hilarious.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Apologies, I know this is the wrong thread but as it's being discussed here I have a couple of points I'd like to make.

Rangers could find themselves in a not so great position if things do not go as smoothly as they are expecting. You lowered your ticket prices, and yes so far getting good crowds but that must stay consistent. You have players I suspect who are on rather large wages for a 3rd Division side, and still signing new players, why else would Dean Shiels leave an SPL side to join a lower league one if not for a higher wage?

You better hope that you can see successive promotions because if you don;t it could mean a world of trouble all over again, you need things to go perfectly and sometimes things don;t always work out that way.

PauloMN wrote: »
    Celtic are £7m in debt, have just sold Ki for £6m+, and look likely to enter the CL groups now. We also have a squad that will win the SPL, and that will hopefully make some dent in Europe.

The Rangers are in Div 3, have no debt and have a squad probably comparable to most Div 1 sides. No European income for years, and a squad to be built back up over time to challenge for the SPL title when they get back there. And that's aside from what Charles Green will be looking for from his investment.

Tell me, how can The Rangers be in a better place than Celtic right now?

To reckon that The Rangers will be debt free by the time they are back in top level Scottish football is hilarious.

In fairness none of them on here have said that. It was ome idiot on one of their forums that was quote

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

i take it jelle your talking about bedoya's car:
    https://p.twimg.com/Akg4pBcCAAA45Ls.jpg

how will he ever drive that again?!

just because you were caught spouting pish online doesnt mean you have to try come in with digs like that. you and i both know that ally mccoist is the man to find out someones personal details

i take it jelle your talking about bedoya's car:
    https://p.twimg.com/Akg4pBcCAAA45Ls.jpg

how will he ever drive that again?!

just because you were caught spouting pish online doesnt mean you have to try come in with digs like that. you and i both know that ally mccoist is the man to find out someones personal details

And Edu's car, and Novo's house, and McGregor's cars (not mentioning attacking him), and...

Don't pretend it's an isolated thing.

Not to mention that I said it in jest (see that little smiley face ?), but that seems to have gone right over your head.

karma_ wrote: »
    Apologies, I know this is the wrong thread but as it's being discussed here I have a couple of points I'd like to make.

Rangers could find themselves in a not so great position if things do not go as smoothly as they are expecting. You lowered your ticket prices, and yes so far getting good crowds but that must stay consistent. You have players I suspect who are on rather large wages for a 3rd Division side, and still signing new players, why else would Dean Shiels leave an SPL side to join a lower league one if not for a higher wage?

You better hope that you can see successive promotions because if you don;t it could mean a world of trouble all over again, you need things to go perfectly and sometimes things don;t always work out that way.

No, I tend to agree, we get good crowds but the prices are lower too, I think we will make a profit but not too big.

Our biggest wage is supposedly 7500pw, which is not that big at all for a club of our size.

It's also looking like several of our youth products are definitely good enough to get a first team place, if we can continue with that there's a big chance we don't have to get too much new players over the coming seasons.

But yeah, it's all 'what if' at this point.

And Edu's car, and Novo's house, and McGregor's cars (not mentioning attacking him), and...

Not to mention that I said it in jest (see that little smiley face ?), but that seems to have gone right over your head.

Pathetic bringing this stuff up, like it only ever happened to Rangers, or will only happen to the new club. It happens to players of every club, because there's scumbags everywhere.

Pathetic bringing this stuff up, like it only ever happened to Rangers, or will only happen to the new club. It happens to players of every club, because there's scumbags everywhere.

Ffs, lighten up.

Ffs, lighten up.

Oh, so you typed up a list of incidents in jest? :rolleyes: You forgot to use this little fellow: ;)

• Advertisement

Oh, so you typed up a list of incidents in jest? :rolleyes: You forgot to use this little fellow: ;)

I was talking about the initial post about my details being posted on a Celtic forum.

I was talking about the initial post about my details being posted on a Celtic forum.

Ok, but that's not what I quoted in my original reply, I was commenting on your list of incidents being used for point scoring. Listing off incidents is pathetic, surely we are past that now at this stage? Just don't want this thread to go down the bombs and bullets path for the next 50 pages.

do i have to go looking for my posts way back that condemned incidents such as destroying toilets in ibrox/parkhead by rangers/celtic fans.

just to clear it up i basically said that its moronic and happens by so called fans of both teams (and many other fans). I never said it was isolated. Take your blinkers off mate. Just because you feel happy throwing out cheap digs all the time doesn't always make you right. some people on this forum act like spoilt children.

2wmlu8h.jpg

If I recall correctly you had a bank debt of about 7m (down from 9m), and the profits dropped drastically from 7m to 180k.

I never said you have a big debt, I'm sure it's manageable but that's where the CL money comes in.

I haven't seen any figures yet but I also heard season ticket sales are down, and not by a bit ?

And profits will be up this season before even UCL football is considered. The debt have yoyo'd in recent years as cashflow dictates because the club isnt actually interested in operating debt free, keeping it manageable is the long term strategy as said by Desmond & Quinn years ago.

Glenn Loovens, Cha Du Ri, Daniel Majstorovic, Niall McGinn, Efrain Juarez, Morten Rasmussen, Mark Wilson, Darren O'Dea, Richie Towell & Dominic Cervi all finally gone. Ki is being sold for over £6.5m.

Our strategy of selling a developed player every few seasons is a sustainable one, even without UCL football. This 'desperation' people talk about is from the ambition of the management and the players. They all want to prove themselves at a higher level than the SPL and several of them could ply their trade in a bigger league as it is.

The club wants it so that players development and ambition can be met, more money, hand improved contracts to our top stars & more exposure to attract better players again. Lawwell hasnt even budgeted for UCL football yet so this illusion that we are desperate for UCL football to service debts or debt could get out of control without UCL football is a myth peddled by the misinformed looking to score cheap points.

do i have to go looking for my posts way back that condemned incidents such as destroying toilets in ibrox/parkhead by rangers/celtic fans.

just to clear it up i basically said that its moronic and happens by so called fans of both teams (and many other fans). I never said it was isolated. Take your blinkers off mate. Just because you feel happy throwing out cheap digs all the time doesn't always make you right. some people on this forum act like spoilt children.

I'm not the one who started the naming of incidents though.

As for the spoilt children, no argument there :P

• Advertisement

I'm not the one who started the naming of incidents though.

As for the spoilt children, no argument there :P
    i think you'll find you listed off several things but your "he started it" approach reinforces my point

i think you'll find you listed off several things but your "he started it" approach reinforces my point

So...ummm, are you saying maybe that....He started it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Sorry, but I'm getting a bit bored, reading all that stuff over and over again.

Maybe we can start a poll 'Who started it'?

So...ummm, are you saying maybe that....He started it?
    No I really didn't say that, and i purposely didnt allude to it. i stated that he created a list of incidents which you can find a couple of pages back. if we must find the one to have "started it" it was me. I posted about bedoyas car

• Advertisement

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Sorry, but I'm getting a bit bored, reading all that stuff over and over again.

Maybe we can start a poll 'Who started it'?

I vote for option 1: The Celtic fan ;)

People need to chill the **** out around here, seriously.

i dont need to chill out he needs to chill out :p

Yep. People also need to stop being arseholes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Something, which has something to do with football for a change? Thanks :)

Yep. People also need to stop being arseholes.

They most certainly do.

Some people really just need to chill out, it's only a bit of banter between Celtic and Sevco fans.

Jelle,

So basically you admit that we have NO financial difficulties?

So come on, who's up for a day trip to Celtic Park on Wednesday?? Bus leaves Dublin City Centre at 8am for Belfast Ferry Terminal and a sailing to Cairnryan. Up to CP and back to Cairnryan for a 12:30am ferry back to Belfast. Should be back in Dublin for 5am on Thurs.

Who's game????

Some people really just need to chill out, it's only a bit of banter between Celtic and Sevco fans.

Precisely, they're only a new club so there should be no bad feelings at all between us and Sevco.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement