Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15 Mod Warning post #6011

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Dempsey wrote: »
    The transfer rumour of Del Piero to Celtic is starting to gather pace. I admit the idea of him in a Celtic shirt has me excited but I cant see it happening.

Mixed feelings about it here. He's 38 this year, so obviously will be hanging up the boots soon. I just get a sense of Ljungberg, Keane, Gravesen etc. about these deals.

I'd be happy on two conditions:
    1) That a deal for him did not cost a lot i.e. did not take from the pot for other players.
    2) That a deal for him in no way would affect the real need for a long-term striker, and a long-term centre back.

If he was going to be in addition to planned players in, then I'm all for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

PauloMN wrote: »
    Mixed feelings about it here. He's 38 this year, so obviously will be hanging up the boots soon. I just get a sense of Ljungberg, Keane, Gravesen etc. about these deals.

I'd be happy on two conditions:
    1) That a deal for him did not cost a lot i.e. did not take from the pot for other players.
    2) That a deal for him in no way would affect the real need for a long-term striker, and a long-term centre back.

If he was going to be in addition to planned players in, then I'm all for it.
    well hes a free agent so its not going to cost a lot and i heard hes not looking for mad wages. point number 2 is a concern though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

Del Piero at 20k a week would be an absolute steal, and vital experience for the champions league (which will probably sway him more than the big wages at Sion).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

https://twitter.com/#!/search/?q=%23Celtic&src=hash

We're in pole position to sign Juventus legend Del Piero according to Sky Sports on twitter. Don't know where the 20 grand a week story is coming from, I'd imagine Del Piero was on a hell of a lot more than 20 grand a week with Juve.

20k a week is reportedly what he wants/is being offered.

Its not like anyone is going to pay him the 60+ he was on at Juve, he's 38 years old.

Roy Keane was on 40K a week when he was here that time. Del Piero for 20k would be a steal, we'd make it back on shirt sales in no time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Maya Yoshida has signed for Southampton on a 3 year deal. He was a player Celtic had registered interest in with VVV

https://twitter.com/#!/search/?q=%23Celtic&src=hash

We're in pole position to sign Juventus legend Del Piero according to Sky Sports on twitter. Don't know where the 20 grand a week story is coming from, I'd imagine Del Piero was on a hell of a lot more than 20 grand a week with Juve.
    i have a feeling its more tokenistic i.e he only has 1 year or 2 max so he wants a club to end out his career with and also make an impact

Del Piero played 31 games for a strong Juventus team last year. He looks after himself and his game is not based around speed or strength. His age isnt a major factor for me. 1-2 seasons of a player thats done everything in the game is something our squad can benefit from.

• Advertisement

please god let us get group E with the chelseac*nts

Real Madrid & ManC in the same group, my plan is nearly complete....

Group A: Porto, Dynamo Kiev, PSG,

Group B: Arsenal, Schalke, olympiakos,

Group C: AC Milan, Zenit St Petersburg, anderlecht,

Group D: Real Madrid, Manchester City, ajax,

Group E: Chelsea, Shakhtar Donetsk, juventus,

Group F: Bayern Munich, Valencia, lille,

Group G: Barcelona, Benfica, spartak Moscow, Celtic

Group H: Manchester United, Braga, galataseray (**** spelling),

Ah nuts, PSG into Group A!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Group B - Arsenal, Shalke, Olympiacos would choice if I was put on the spot.
    Group D to avoid.
    Not long now anyway.

Group G - Barcelona, Befica, Spartak, Celtic

• Advertisement

Could've been worse, Barca will win the group, second and third are anybody's. Results are Parkhead are vital.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Tough group, but I do think that, give the necessary reinforcements 3rd is possible for you lot.

It's a group we could win! :D

Interesting to see McGeady back in Parkhead too. Does he play regularly for Spartak?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

TheBuilder wrote: »
    Could've been worse, Barca will win the group, second and third are anybody's. Results are Parkhead are vital.

Pretty much sums it up. Will be great to see Barca back in Parkhead.

Anything could happen in the games v Benfica and Spartak. Lenny should be aiming for 3rd place at the very least in that group, and results going well at Parkhead, 2nd is a possibility.

Barca no problemo:D.

Like to play Barca at home early in the competition. When are the fixtures decided?

• Advertisement

PauloMN wrote: »
    Lenny should be aiming for 3rd place at the very least in that group, and results going well at Parkhead, 2nd is a possibility.

4th is a possibility too! Ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭henke

You know the big European nights are back when Messi and Co. roll up to parkhead :D.

We should give this group a right good go and 2nd or 3rd are possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Not a bad group, glamour game v Barca, McGeady back. Although the trip to Russia won't be great.

Decent chance of getting 3rd

2nd & 3rd place is wide open tbh.

Lawwell still hasnt gotten the finger out :mad:

2nd & 3rd place is wide open tbh.

Lawwell still hasnt gotten the finger out :mad:

Are there even any hints of players coming in? It seems quite quiet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Awkward draw for Celtic with 2 low-glamour, high-difficulty ties. Still, it could have been worse.

Group D group of death

Messi will be ****ting it, in case Mulgrew mistakes him for a kid and locks him in a burning hot car.

Group D group of death

Makes a mockery of the whole competition when four champions can be drawn against each other in a seeded draw, and only one of the top seeds actually wont their league.

Shows UEFA up for what they are, even with Platini's idea to include the wee countries.

Are there even any hints of players coming in? It seems quite quiet.

They confirmed interest in a good few players but nothing more than that.

Yoshida & Henriksen have already gone to other clubs

I'm just hoping that we dont panic buy tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Good luck in the CL lads.

Enjoy the ride!

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Messi will be ****ting it, in case Mulgrew mistakes him for a kid and locks him in a burning hot car.
    remember when your club used to represent scotland in europe... ah well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

You're just keeping our seat warm for a few years.
    Make the most of it. ;)

It was actually -7 that day :pac:, the child was fine and the case was thrown out. A case of Michelle Mone looking for attention

Lennon says Del Piero is not happening -STV

Lennon says Del Piero is not happening -STV

We've a fair idea of whats not happening, did he say what is happening?

We've a fair idea of whats not happening, did he say what is happening?

No idea, that was just a quote my wee brother just showed me.

Aw bless, can't take a joke :pac:

No idea, that was just a quote my wee brother just showed me.

I see comments on Twitter now. Says we had talks with Del Piero but its not happening. Oh well.

• Advertisement

Samaras & Brown are out for the game at the weekend, Rogne & Mulgrew are doubts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

Enjoy Falkirk tonight

Lenny saying on STV that the move for Del Piero is dead in the water

Robbie Thomson ‏@robbiethomson93

@itvfootball: Bye bye Celtic. They've drawn Barcelona, Benfica and Spartak Moscow.” can see itv loosing viewers! #dontdisrespectceltic

Bit of a PR disaster happening for ITV on twitter.

I like millions of other Celtic fans will be avoiding any coverage of UCL football on ITV for while after that. TBH I wouldnt have been watching that shít channel to begin with

EDIT
    To Celtic fans out there - we mean no disrespect. An ill-advised way of us saying we think you've got a very tough draw. Apologies.

45 minutes too late for many :pac:

Eirebear wrote: »
    You're just keeping our seat warm for a few years.
    Make the most of it. ;)
    yeah i heard there was a few rangers fans in parkhead last night keeping seats warm. I'd like to take this opertunity to than the onion bears csc for buying tickets (wonder if they have season tickets)

Aw bless, can't take a joke :pac:
    jelle im over the moon here,,, your joke is nothing for me. filling out an application to renew my passport as we speak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Celtic have nothing to lose, tough group, but you never know. UL spot is well within them at least.

The ITV thing was only telling truth, no need to go all crazy

Celtic have nothing to lose, tough group, but you never know. UL spot is well within them at least.

It might well be the truth, but its not something a professional organisation in Britain should be saying about a British club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

What's the best way to get a ticket for Celtic Champions League games ?
    How are they given out, is it members first / members only / public sale ?

I wouldnt mind getting 1 or 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

It might well be the truth, but its not something a professional organisation in Britain should be saying about a British club.

its really nothing to go all hyper about.

Yup, and the only one from their country to have won the big cup, and the only one to be representing their country in it this year.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement