Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy hedging near the Horse and Jockey, Tipperary?

Options
  • 20-08-2012 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi, I want to buy hedging and I've just been told that some guy near the Horse and Jockey (between Thurles and Tipperary...?) sells and delivers to Limerick. Does anyone know who this is, google didn't.

....and, if you don't, i'd appreciate reccomendations for somewhere to buy about 20+metres of mixed native/ native-ish hedging (approx 60% Hawthorn and 10% each of Blackthorn, Dog Rose,... and two others something like Field Maple, Hazel, Common Dogwood.....?) in Limerick, Clare or Tipperary.

The digger man is here now and if I find out and buy quickly I'll have alot less hedge planting to do myself...!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭cozzie55

Alf63 wrote: »
    Hi, I want to buy hedging and I've just been told that some guy near the Horse and Jockey (between Thurles and Tipperary...?) sells and delivers to Limerick. Does anyone know who this is, google didn't.

....and, if you don't, i'd appreciate reccomendations for somewhere to buy about 20+metres of mixed native/ native-ish hedging (approx 60% Hawthorn and 10% each of Blackthorn, Dog Rose,... and two others something like Field Maple, Hazel, Common Dogwood.....?) in Limerick, Clare or Tipperary.

The digger man is here now and if I find out and buy quickly I'll have alot less hedge planting to do myself...!

Thanks

I don't know of one near horse and jockey, but there is a good nursery in Galbally in Co limerick. I've bought good quality whitetorn and beech hedging off them before, I also think they deliver but its probably cheaper to go collect. Also its not a million miles from horse and journey to make the trip today. http://www.irelandtrees.com/index.html

There is also one in Dundrum Co. Tipp, i don't know how good it is but I've seen it off the train and they seam to have plenty stuff growing around there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Alf63

Cozzie55 that's great , thanks v much for the fast reply, I'll have a ring around to Dundrum, Kearneys in Galbally...and maybe Aherns near Kilmallock (someone just mentioned them to me now), Thanks again Alf63

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Alf63

....of course what I learned when i rang these places was that you can't get native hedge plants till end Oct/ nov (when they are bare root, dormant and cheaper...not growing in pots in nurseries and not for sale as they are at the moment). Panic over anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭cozzie55

opps i guess that does make sense now that you mention it, never even thought of the time of the year. Oh well plenty work for you in october so

Advertisement