Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Album of the Week #84

Options
  • 20-08-2012 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

Here the latest Album of the Week. Thanks to everyone who took the time to vote. Here's the breakdown of the votes. Only albums with more than one vote are listed.

Band|Album|Votes
    Iced Earth|The Horror Show|5
    Tesseract|One|2

Here is Jack from the runaway winner:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Very good album. Been listening to it again since the gig last week. Jon Shaffer's riffs are fantastic. Have to say he must be one of the more underrated guitarists in Metal. Not much in the way of soloing but he has to be up there in the pantheon of influential Metal guitarists. Matt Barlow is certainly a distinct voice and his performance on the Horror Show confirms that. Have to say though that is replacement Stu Block is no slouch either. His vocal performance at the gig last week was phenomenal. Very versatile vocal range.

Check out the track Damien if you really want to see what Iced Earth are all about.

P.S. Malice the song you posted is called Jack. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Passenger wrote: »
    P.S. Malice the song you posted is called Jack. ;)
    Good old copy & paste letting me down again. :o

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Great album, the theme really suits the sounds of the band and they pull it off fantastically.
    Passenger wrote: »
    Have to say though that is replacement Stu Block is no slouch either. His vocal performance at the gig last week was phenomenal. Very versatile vocal range.

I'd put it down as one of the best vocal performances I've seen live, was blown away.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

I'd put it down as one of the best vocal performances I've seen live, was blown away.

Aye, it's definitely up there among the best performances alright. His range is phenomenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭-( i )- Wicker

Great album, its the one that got me into Iced Earth in the first place.

Stu Block was great, really got the crowd going and did an awesome job of some older Iced Earth tracks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement