Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

neuroscience?

Options
  • 20-08-2012 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I am 28 years old. 5 years ago I qualified from college with a Bachelor of Science in Computing.

I am based in Dublin, but i have a fascination with neuroscience and was thinking about going back and studying it.

That's if it's possible for me to go back!

Would my current qualification be enough for me to be accepted as a mature student?

Thanks.

Eric

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

BornIn84 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I am 28 years old. 5 years ago I qualified from college with a Bachelor of Science in Computing.

I am based in Dublin, but i have a fascination with neuroscience and was thinking about going back and studying it.

That's if it's possible for me to go back!

Would my current qualification be enough for me to be accepted as a mature student?

Thanks.

Eric

Hi Eric,

To be classified as a Mature Student you just need to be aged 23 or older. You don't need to have a previous undergrad. If you are looking at doing a post grad in Neuroscience then it would be up to the course provider to assess your application. You could research a few courses and then speak to the provider regarding entry requirements.
    The national courses database can give links to third level courses: http://www.qualifax.ie

As a starting point TCD has a number of Neuroscience programmes : http://www.tcd.ie/Neuroscience/

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭BornIn84

thanks a lot for your help.

much appreciated

Advertisement