Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

automatically update webpage from an email

Options
  • 20-08-2012 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭

Im a student intern, as a project my boss asked me to monitor 2 incoming WAN pipes, I currently get email notifications every 24 hours, with some network stats, the usual info, and I get instant notifications if the wan monitoring ping fails or exceeds a certain threshold.

What I'm interested in doing is setting up a very plain jane in-house website that automatically updates its page with the contents of this email I get, so that others may view the stats ...any idea how I might do this ?

regards :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Assuming that your notification comes in at the same time every day, all you need is a script that reads your email a short while after the notification is sent through, then just sticks the stats into a database which the web page can then pull from.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Ya sounds like a plan, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Have a look at NAGIOS and OSSIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

ya i had previously looked at naggios when i was trying to figure out, how id monitor the wan, looks awesome but very complicated, :) plus i had already deployed a server 2008 R2 vm, looks better suited on a linux box,

went with emco ping monitor, it does the basics, but lacks some functionality id like...

Advertisement