Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Max limit for smokes from EU to Another EU destination ?

• 20-08-2012 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

Anyone know ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭uberalles

Thanks that was fast. Please lock thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Ask a search engine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

3 boxes of 200 i thinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

EU law says Unlimited for personal use from another EU country.
    Irish Revenue officially however says 800 max.
    Unoffcially/anecdotally whatever, they only start querying around the 3000 mark.

Also remember that certain areas of the EU you are limited to 200 only, places like Lanzarote, Tenerife.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

general answer Four Cartons (200 each) in reality if you are a genuine smoker ,double or treble that, or more.

regards ,Rugbyman

perhaps the most generous allowance is the UK, which for the last six or seven years allow 16 cartons, they have since rowed back on this a bit, but if they are for your own consumption, no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

From the Smoking Forum charter.
    Excise Duty
    Do not use this forum to ask for/give advice on how to avoid paying excise duties.EU Customs and excise site

How many can I bring in?*
    From within the EU, as many as you want, but you may be asked to explain yourself if you have more than 800. The customs officers' decision on whether they believe your story or not is final.

You can only bring 200 into the EU from outside, regardless of whether you paid duty when you bought them or not.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

3 boxes of 200 i thinks

If I had any probs at customs I will correct them with this info :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Officially you can bring 800 boxes for personal consumption and 200 each for a family member. They're not that strict though. Just put them in your bag wrapped in some newspaper and you'll be grand :)

Thanks for the info people

They are for a work colleague.

So customs should be ok with 4 cartons per person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Officially you can bring 800 boxes for personal consumption and 200 each for a family member. They're not that strict though. Just put them in your bag wrapped in some newspaper and you'll be grand :)

I'd be a bit wary of driving a big truck on holiday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

Uberalles,
    if they are being brought home by one person (A)but are for another(B), then they must be a present from the person who bought them(A).

If B plans to reimburse A, the limit is NIL

Rugbyman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Smuggle them in your stomach like I do ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Smuggle them in your stomach like I do ;-)

Not as much room as the lungs. We have two of them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement