Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those of you who miss the Cloud (or other black/dark) Themes...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Are the images next to thread titles such as firstnew.gif meant to stay the same bluey colour from default?

Also, just seeing in the reply box that the unlink.gif image is hard to see.

Also seem to be getting a flash of the default skin every now and then.

Edit: The edit buttons "Save/Go Advanced..." are also a bit hard to read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Boards.ie: Tony

Are the images next to thread titles such as firstnew.gif meant to stay the same bluey colour from default?

Also, just seeing in the reply box that the unlink.gif image is hard to see.

Also seem to be getting a flash of the default skin every now and then.

Edit: The edit buttons "Save/Go Advanced..." are also a bit hard to read.

For the moment, yeah, they have to stay the default colour. Until we pull the thread view out of vB they kinda have to stay!

As for the flash of the default skin, this is a known issue that we're keeping an eye on. There's other things in development at the moment, so we'll be coming back to this should it persist / get worse.

There are obviously some trade offs with the Dark theme and some buttons will be a bit more difficult to see. Some of them have already been tweaked and the rest will be tweaked over the next couple of weeks as well.

Thanks for the feedback! :)

Tony.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Using the new dark theme, when I try to load a page it loads the default colour scheme for about 1 second then applies the dark theme.

Makes it very annoying and flickery to load pages

This is in FF 14.0.1 on Windows 7

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Can you make the black blacker and the white whiter?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

I'm not getting the flash of the old theme but when I first go to the site it loads the default beta and it's only when I go to another page that the dark theme kicks in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,412 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I'm liking the new theme, Black & Amber! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Dav wrote: »
    We're hoping to get it rolled out soon, it'll be a selectable theme in your "Appearance Settings" in your User Control Panel.
    So, I've done that, and get this...

220332.JPG

but the normal forum is still in Cloud. Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Paddy

the_syco wrote: »
    So, I've done that, and get this...

220332.JPG

but the normal forum is still in Cloud. Any ideas?

You need to set the default skin before themes will work

click here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

matrim wrote: »
    Using the new dark theme, when I try to load a page it loads the default colour scheme for about 1 second then applies the dark theme.

Makes it very annoying and flickery to load pages

This is in FF 14.0.1 on Windows 7

Just tested on my home PC and have the same problem. FF 14.0.1 on Ubuntu 12.04

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Theme looks good but the brief flash of the original white with every page loaded is annoying so ill have to give it a miss for now. FF here too by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I liked the dark theme until I noticed how diabolically bad my sig looks on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭aarond280

the skin goes blue when the page loads and then black ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Masked Man wrote: »
    I'm not getting the flash of the old theme but when I first go to the site it loads the default beta and it's only when I go to another page that the dark theme kicks in.

This isn't happening anymore.

icon14.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

It's happening to me window 7 in FF 15.01
    A white flash and then loading the black theme, on every page refresh or new page opened.
    It is very irritating so much so I've gone back to the evil skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Boards.ie: Tony

Sharrow wrote: »
    It's happening to me window 7 in FF 15.01
    A white flash and then loading the black theme, on every page refresh or new page opened.
    It is very irritating so much so I've gone back to the evil skin.

I can't reproduce it consistently at the moment. Just trying to figure out the triggers. We'll be looking into it and fixing (if possible) over the next couple of week.

I'll pop a post up when we push the update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Triggers: Slow browser. Slow Internet. Different firing of Javascript events at runtime because of browser optimisations (Firefox seems to be pretty poor at this). Super Fast Internet that paints the screen before the stylesheets are processed resulting in the pop.

Yeah, stylesheet on stylesheet action :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Now if you could apply the old blue skin to the new theme I'll be happy.

Don't like dark theme. Dark theme too dark. Blue skin nice.

Also dark them only dark sometimes here too. Other times not dark. Annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

We've upc so with 60mb/5mb dl/ul it's not that connection is slow.
    I know all the cool kids are using chrome these days but it's not like I am using Netscape Navi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

It's so much easier to read than the default skin. Like a team of exotic concubines performing a sensual massage on my eyeballs. It's a little strange having the Boards logo stick to the top of the screen though. I can never quite tell whether I've reached the top of the page or not.

Sarky wrote: »
    It's so much easier to read than the default skin. Like a team of exotic concubines performing a sensual massage on my eyeballs. It's a little strange having the Boards logo stick to the top of the screen though. I can never quite tell whether I've reached the top of the page or not.

Go to your appearance settings and disable the Sticky Header :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Egad, you've thought of everything! Promote that man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

i complained so much about the other new skin i figured try it and get used to it !

it was still hurting my eyes....weeks later...

this....this is heaven.

i like it more than the original! :) the colours remind me of coding in Notepad++ :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Theme looks good but the brief flash of the original white with every page loaded is annoying so ill have to give it a miss for now. FF here too by the way.

I'm getting this too, and I'm also a Firefox user. I still prefer the theme enough to use it however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

a5y wrote: »
    I'm getting this too, and I'm also a Firefox user. I still prefer the theme enough to use it however.

im getting the dazzling white flash too, everytime a new page loads/refreshes

using chrome if that helps...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Sticky header doesn't seem to work for me on my iPad.

EDIT: It would appear that has nothing to do with the Dark theme, just seems that Sticky Headers don't work on the iPad at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I found a bug - When I click on 'Your Profile' on the top left of the 'Appearance Settings' page on my profile, I get sent to here, which looks very like the Profile of 'Boards.ie: Danny' :)

Other than that, I like the new Dark theme a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

laugh wrote: »
    Can you make the black blacker and the white whiter?
    This...or well sorta, can the grey (text) be made a brighter shade of grey. Just a tinchy bit...

Skid wrote: »
    I found a bug - When I click on 'Your Profile' on the top left of the 'Appearance Settings' page on my profile, I get sent to here, which looks very like the Profile of 'Boards.ie: Danny' :)

Other than that, I like the new Dark theme a lot.

I was wondering why my profile was getting so many views :pac:

Guess who made the appearance settings page? :o

Ronan's fixed this now, thanks for the bug report

Danny

Sticky header doesn't seem to work for me on my iPad.

EDIT: It would appear that has nothing to do with the Dark theme, just seems that Sticky Headers don't work on the iPad at all.

You can blame Apple and their crap support for CSS position: fixed and their terrible debugging (i.e. pretty much none) for Safari on iOS 5 and lower.

Hopefully when iOS 6 lands with some proper debugging tools we can at least take a look at why it's so terribly poor on iOS devices. For now though, we force your sticky header to off if we detect you're on an iPad.

Danny

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement