Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those of you who miss the Cloud (or other black/dark) Themes...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Like it.

Apart from the washed out grey text! Can this be Dazzed up a few shades please?

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

It's already been lightened up :o

It's already been lightened up :o

Then it must have been really bad before! I just changed over from Cloud a few minutes ago.

Any chance you could pop it back in for another wash cycle or two? :D See how white my teeth look?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I just switched to it now (using Win 7 / Chrome) and its a LOT easier on the eyes than the Default (despite having a screen filter on the laptop)

As well as that, all the menus and so on stand out a lot better.. thumbs up here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Just switched too it there and am liking it. Very 'Halloweeny'

I am, however, getting that flash of white when I refresh or sometimes go onto a new page. Dunno if that can be resolved or not. I'm Using Windows 7/Chrome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Just switched too it there and am liking it. Very 'Halloweeny'

I am, however, getting that flash of white when I refresh or sometimes go onto a new page. Dunno if that can be resolved or not. I'm Using Windows 7/Chrome.

I'm not getting that. Maybe clear your cache in case it's pulling up from there first?

EDIT: Unless you mean the entire page goes white for a second in a refresh, in which case yes I see that too.

Still getting a flash of the default theme before the dark one loads. It's definitely annoying.

FF 15.0.1, W7

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Dacent! Better than default any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭Gormal

:) Thankyou this is much easier on the eyes! Don't need the sunglasses anymore :p

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Mr. TTime

Just switched myself and love it for the most part - just a thing I noticed about links within posts - they are very hard to read with the new dark theme. Thanks for the update!

Oops apologies -just so happened the first thread I read after changing was this one http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056757683 where the OP used a blue font arbitrarily for some unknown reason!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

I've the sticky header turned off. Any chance of putting in a home button to the particular forum your using at page end. Something like the bread crumb on top of page. I keep having to scroll back to page top.
    Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Redsunset wrote: »
    I've the sticky header turned off. Any chance of putting in a home button to the particular forum your using at page end. Something like the bread crumb on top of page. I keep having to scroll back to page top.
    Cheers.

For now, the home key on your keyboard :o

Danny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

I'll just unstick header then as I mostly use smart phone.
    Thanks anyway.

Edit,
    Header won't sticky ha. Ah well I'll struggle on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,385 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Esel wrote: »
    Still getting a flash of the default theme before the dark one loads. It's definitely annoying.

FF 15.0.1, W7

what esel said. if this gets fixed, ill def go back to the new theme.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Really like it. Thanks lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

It scrolls funny on my iPhone 4S

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭DULLAHAN2

This is so much better looking thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Don't know if it has been mentioned but when people use bold text normally on boards, it's very hard to read on this theme then. Any way around this?

Don't know if it has been mentioned but when people use bold text normally on boards, it's very hard to read on this theme then. Any way around this?
    I think it's more when they use a different coloured font. It happens too when people compose a post in a separate editor or Word and copy and paste it in. Black text on a dark theme is pretty hard to read...

Work-around for me is to just highlight the hard to read text.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭Myksyk

Tigger wrote: »
    It scrolls funny on my iPhone 4S

Said this before and will say it again ... since the theme changed it is annoyingly delayed in its response on the iphone platform. Scrolling is jumpy and delayed. Touch response is very poor (E.g. touch a page number to redirect and then wait up to a few seconds before it registers the touch). Previous incarnation had no issues on the iphone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Esel wrote: »
    I think it's more when they use a different coloured font. It happens too when people compose a post in a separate editor or Word and copy and paste it in. Black text on a dark theme is pretty hard to read...

Work-around for me is to just highlight the hard to read text.

Ah yes the different colour font is prob what I meant to say there....looks like I'll be highlighting from now on

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Did someone disable the Dark Theme? It's dark on the main page and control panel, but all "normal" threads, etc, are blue and white :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Paddy

Nope, we didn't disable it. Can you try logging out and logging in, see if that fixes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Works okay on another machine. Will try logging out and back in on the other machine tomorrow.

/edit
    A glitch in the matrix, it would seem; works again on this machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I can't find anyone. Can somebody tell me which way it is to the Motors forum? Oh I think I just walked into the Mustard forum, gah it burns, it burns.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Selected Dark Theme in Appearance Settings, still showing as blue and white.

Tried logging out and back in again.

Running FF for LinuxMint 1.0.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Paddy

Running FF for LinuxMint 1.0.

Nerd! ;)

What's your FF version? Do any of the other appearance settings work?

Nerd! ;)

What's your FF version? Do any of the other appearance settings work?

Sorry, just realised what I wrote was wrong.

LinuxMint version 12, FF version 15.0.1.

In my defense, it says below that,

Mozilla Firefox for LinuxMint
    mint - 1.0

Edit: for the record it works on Android if I go to the full site version, mobile doesn't.

Seems to be working now on the main page, but as soon as I got into a Sub, its gone.

AAAaaaand its fine.

Logged out, cleared cache, re logged in, and up it came.

Much better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Is the dark theme going to be fixed?

Advertisement