Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So... Who else is going to NCI this year?

Options
  • 20-08-2012 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭

Hey guys. I've accepted the offer from NCI today. Level 8 Business :D

Who else is going to NCI this year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Kaneo71

I'm going there aswell.Level 8 Computing.Can't wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

ohh I remember my last year, when I got results and CAO offer, I posted here as well saying "I am going to NCI, hopefully it will be good" and well, it turned out good, you will see :) it's great place to be in

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Natsplat

Same, level 8 business, cant wait! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭kilfeather94

level 8, Computing for me! can't wait :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

Natsplat wrote: »
    Same, level 8 business, cant wait! :D
    Haha, cool! I'll see you there, then :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Comp Apps here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I got Management IT in Business :). level 7

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭manutd4life

I'm graduating this year from the Level 8 Business course. Gives you a broad range business areas and you get a great understanding of it all. The lecturers are great. Like any course, if you put the work in, you will be rewarded.

With regards to the college, you will really enjoy it. Its small so you get to know everyone. There are a lot of great nights out. Go out during Freshers Week and get to know your new classmates and make new friends. Its a brilliant college and I hope you enjoy your time in NCI because I sure did

• Registered Users Posts: 1 deanbyrne95

level 8, Computing for me! can't wait :)

I'll see you on the 3rd of September then? For the orientation? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

Level 8 computing!:)

• Advertisement

I'll see you on the 3rd of September then? For the orientation? :)
    Yup :) and the 7th as well, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Stevo93

when is orientation for business level 8? is this a full day thing?

Yup :) and the 7th as well, I think.
    I'll be there :) is it a full day thing or what? :/

Kaneo71 wrote: »

No it's not a full day, just few hours, then there are some activities after it for which you can stay or go.

Is orientation on the same day for all courses? has everyone received their booklets yet? Apparently I was suppose of received mine!

Is the orientation the same day for all courses? Has anyone else not received their booklet yet? Apparently i was suppose?

Stevo93 wrote: »
    Is the orientation the same day for all courses? Has anyone else not received their booklet yet? Apparently i was suppose?

Mostly it will be the same for everyone, but a bit differ for each faculty (business, computing etc..). For computing (which I am) we were brought around to rooms in which we were told we will spend most of our times (truly those rooms became like a 2nd home for me :D ), you will be introduced to some of your main lecturers (for computing it was programming lecturer named Frances, shes teaching programming for us), you will be brought around college, gym, shown around, students union and told about rules, activities and so on. On the day you will come to college for orientation day there will be a queue of people lined for a desk from which you will be directed to specific group, say B2, B3, etc.. So each group will be like 20 people (not whole course in 1 group). So technically your first friends/friend will be one of those 20 (that's the time when I met 3 people I am communicate a lot now with). It's really made up in a great way, easy.

The next friendlying session will be in your lecture, in our lecture I remember, whole our course (like 80 people) got tossed around room) then said turn around and talk to person about that and that, very nice and funny way to meet people :D

I can guarantee if you are sociable and not like "forever alone" meme you will know all your course and talk to them by the end of october.

have fun, if you have anymore questions just ask.

the academic orientation is from 11 until 1.50 I think. The services orientation is from 9 - 3 There's a BBQ on at 3. Might hang around for a bit at the BBQ then I'll prob head off.

the academic orientation is from 11 until 1.50 I think. The services orientation is from 9 - 3 There's a BBQ on at 3. Might hang around for a bit at the BBQ then I'll prob head off.

Who says no to free food? :P I might stick around aswell :)

Who says no to free food? :P I might stick around aswell :)

haha, exactly :)

• Advertisement

When are you guys orientation day? mine is on the 3rd and then the other one on the 7th.
    I don't know anybody , and I wonder how many girls will be taking the same course as me.

Some peoples is the 4th and 5th for orientation.

When are you guys orientation day? mine is on the 3rd and then the other one on the 7th.
    I don't know anybody , and I wonder how many girls will be taking the same course as me.

Some peoples is the 4th and 5th for orientation.

Yeah, mine's on the 3rd and 7th as well. what course you doing?

Yeah, mine's on the 3rd and 7th as well. what course you doing?

Management IT in Business I know nobody doing my course and haven't heard of anyone saying they are yet lol.
    I'm actually really nervous for the first day , nci starts so early compared to most of my other friends colleges .

Management IT in Business I know nobody doing my course and haven't heard of anyone saying they are yet lol.
    I'm actually really nervous for the first day , nci starts so early compared to most of my other friends colleges .

you're not the only one :L nervous as well, won't know anybody either. one of my friends is going to UCD and he starts on the 6th, so I guess NCI isn't the only college starting early.

you're not the only one :L nervous as well, won't know anybody either. one of my friends is going to UCD and he starts on the 6th, so I guess NCI isn't the only college starting early.

Oh it must be just NCI and UCD that start early and I know Trinity starts late.
    I'm hoping I'll speak to people in the queue if it's really silent I won't want to break the silence. Are you gonna go the the freshers events the week after? not sure what they will be though.

Oh it must be just NCI and UCD that start early and I know Trinity starts late.
    I'm hoping I'll speak to people in the queue if it's really silent I won't want to break the silence. Are you gonna go the the freshers events the week after? not sure what they will be though.

on freshers week, I might just sign up to a club/society or whatever :L doubt I'll be doing much else though cus a lot of the events take place in the evening (last year they did anyway) and I live down in Meath, so I doubt I'd be able to make it to any of them.

on freshers week, I might just sign up to a club/society or whatever :L doubt I'll be doing much else though cus a lot of the events take place in the evening (last year they did anyway) and I live down in Meath, so I doubt I'd be able to make it to any of them.

Oh I don't live too far but taxi fare is a bit expensive on my own. You might find a few others who live in meath and you could maybe go to maybe a Friday event in the evening or Wednesday if one is on. Is freshers from the 17th-21st just saw it on the facebook SU page. I'll probably just sign up to a few club/soc too not quite sure what yet? What you gonna sign up to?

Oh I don't live too far but taxi fare is a bit expensive on my own. You might find a few others who live in meath and you could maybe go to maybe a Friday event in the evening or Wednesday if one is on. Is freshers from the 17th-21st just saw it on the facebook SU page. I'll probably just sign up to a few club/soc too not quite sure what yet? What you gonna sign up to?

I'll probably sign up to the Gaming society.

I'll probably sign up to the Gaming society.

Aw I'm not too sure what I'll sign up for yet I might try and join dance.

• Advertisement

Does NCI have a soccer club to join? Just wondering.

Advertisement