Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of pumped cavity?

Options
  • 20-08-2012 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

How much does it cost to full pump a cavity?

Obviously a vague question but I assume it is priced according to volume of the cavity? If so what is average cost per cubic foot/metre?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,536 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

i see prices for 150mm cavity coming in around 1 euro per sq ft for a 2000 sqft house....

Significantly, the quantity isnt really the driving factor for the cost.... the biggest cost driver is machinery, travel and time on site drilling and filling.

theres not much difference in quotes for a 150 cavity compared to 200 and above. The quantity might increase by 25% but the costs will only rise by 5% ish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

sydthebeat wrote: »
    i see prices for 150mm cavity coming in around 1 euro per sq ft for a 2000 sqft house....

Significantly, the quantity isnt really the driving factor for the cost.... the biggest cost driver is machinery, travel and time on site drilling and filling.

theres not much difference in quotes for a 150 cavity compared to 200 and above. The quantity might increase by 25% but the costs will only rise by 5% ish

So they measure by floor size! Interesting! I assumed it would measured similar to getting a fill of heating oil.

Thats good to know. I am planning on a 300mm cavity over 2000 sqft so 3000euro should be a decent amount to budget for to fully pump the cavity.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,536 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

no, they dont measure by floor size.. im just giving you the approx quotes that ive seen come in. the best way to describe it is by a "per sq ft" basis.
    i think €3000 is a good starting point.

Advertisement