Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dodgeball in Cork City

Options
  • 20-08-2012 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi guys

New to boards so hope I've posted in the correct forum. I'm involved with the Irish Dodgeball Association and we currently have leagues running in both Waterford and Dublin and are looking to start another league in Cork city if there is enough interest.

Dodgeball is a great sport to get involved in that both males and females can play and enjoy together. It's a lot of fun BUT it's also very competitive too. It's a offically recognised sport in the UK and they hold national and regional tournaments through out the year, we're hoping to do the same in Ireland in the near future too!

Hoping to run a dodgeball open day/evening in Cork city soon with some info about dodgeball and let people have a go at it.

If your interested then please PM me or send an email to cork@dodgeball-ireland.com and I'll be more than happy to reply to any queries about dodgeball.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sounds very interesting :) I may just go have a look

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dodgeball_girl

Irish Dodgeball Association (IDBA) web address is www.dodgeball-ireland.com if you're interested and want to find out a bit about it.

Our first big tournament to be held in Ireland is coming up in November, hoping to get dodgeball team or two from Cork to compete at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Had to post this video.

:o

Good luck with it though, any activity that gets people off the couch and out and keeping fit and socailising is a good thing.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Had to post this video.

:o

Good luck with it though, any activity that gets people off the couch and out and keeping fit and socailising is a good thing.

Hahaha, that's what comes to mind when I mention dodgeball to anyone! Unlike the film, we don't train people to dodge wrenches....we only use soft dodgeballs, not horrible rubber red ones either : )

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

This sounds fab :) Looking for a new hobby!

• Advertisement

This looks fantastic....I own a gym in Midleton and would have no problems getting a team together!

This looks fantastic....I own a gym in Midleton and would have no problems getting a team together!

I'll be sure to post up details for an open day as soon as I have the venue sorted.

Advertisement