Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

25th Tournament Series - Irish Qualifier - 6th Oct - Venue TBC

Options
  • 29-08-2012 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone.

Wanted to start a separate thread to get things rolling for the Irish Qualifier. We have been given 4 seeded spots from this tourney for the event. How it will work is like an SBO type scenario where we host the event to fund sending the guys over. The rules for the actual event are available here - http://elyum-studio.com/wgcfr/?page_id=2075 . We can pretty much run it how we like as we are sending the people over.

First and foremost - is there anything on the 6th of October that might clash with this? I am useless for knowing so if someone knows of something, please speak up early whilst we can still move the event.

There has been some resistance to hosting it in Maynooth. This I can understand (sort of - but not really) but I am not getting into the in's and out's of it cause we literally don't have the time. We need to do this quickly, better than before and look like we know what we are doing. I am trying to get a venue in Dublin that won't cost an arm a and a leg and where we can stream the event from. Failing this, the exchange will be there as a fall back.

I'll be starting an equipment thread in a short while to make arrangements for that part of it and also fo help on the day etc but what I would really ask is that we all make an effort and show up to it. We have been asked to do this for an official Capcom event and I think we have a good opportunity here to put some of our players on the international scene a bit more. We definitely have 4 seeded places. 2 for SF and 2 for SFxT. I spoke with them today and there is a possibility for a seeded 3s place as well. When I know more I will update y'all.

This event is a fundraiser to send people for the above games. That being said, we will be running other tournaments as well. I am working on the details of cost etc but any tournament that isn't sf/sfxt/3s will have a certain % going to costs and fundraising efforts and the rest given back as prizes. We are also looking for sponsorships where we can get them (all ideas welcome). Looking to run Marvel, MK9, Tekken 6, HDR, Skullgirlls (just cause), and other side tournies depending on setups etc. Lets make it a big one!

That's it for now. I'll update more when I have it
    Aj
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement