Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Price Rises & Price Trends

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭donglen

Ace0x9 wrote: »
    Gather enough funds and get in either of Bale or Cazorla. I have both in my team at the moment. A bit of short term and long term planning simultaneously. Quite honestly, I see Pienaar's price further dipping in the coming gameweeks.

Yep, I like both Bale and Cazorla at the moment. Have neither of them though, I've Michu, Hazard and YaYa from the start (they've been dead the last 3 gameweeks) and jumped on Nolan early on so I'm up money wise. Holding back on a transfer this week as their fixtures are handy enough.
    Although I am being pulled towards Gervinho also.......nice price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ace0x9

donglen wrote: »
    Yep, I like both Bale and Cazorla at the moment. Have neither of them though, I've Michu, Hazard and YaYa from the start (they've been dead the last 3 gameweeks) and jumped on Nolan early on so I'm up money wise. Holding back on a transfer this week as their fixtures are handy enough.
    Although I am being pulled towards Gervinho also.......nice price.

Hazard and Michu, right? >> Tell me about it!

I have had Michu, Hazard, Cazorla and Yaya from the start too!... sold Yaya last week for Bale. Paid off with an impressive points return..

Wondering if I should change Hazard for Mata right now and give him the cap'n position right away! Should I? I liked the way Mata played last season but held off him this year cause I was certain he'd take some time to get going... but now that he's got going, should I take a points hit and bring him in?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

RVP going down, Santi, Jussi, Baines all going up tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

RVP not an issue for anyone who's had him from the start, can still sell for 13.2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

roryc wrote: »
    RVP not an issue for anyone who's had him from the start, can still sell for 13.2

Why is there a mass selling of RVP??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

dahat wrote: »

Id say more then likely people just see there's a lot of value to be found in cheaper players at the moment and you could almost buy two for his price! I've got him myself and am starting to think of shipping him out soon enough! Cant afford to bring any other decent players in with the money spent on him!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Not sure although he hasnt justified his price the last few weeks.I think I will get rid of him myself for the next 3 weeks and see how it goes, Ive a feeling he wont start against stoke as theres a midweek champs lge game and then he has two tough games against chelsea and arsenal. Could swop rvp for berbatov fletcher jelavic or suarez for gw 8. Upgrade to any midfielder for GW9. Make no transfer GW10 and then have two transfers for GW11 to get rvp back in when utds fixtures pick up and they are probably qualified for the next stage of champs lge so less chance of him being rotated for lge games. Having said that hes capable of scoring big in any gameweek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Anybody going up or near going up/down?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Up
    Ba
    Sahin

Sahin going up gradually this week so he probably won't go up tonight but Ba might.

Down
    Silva (-90)
    Lescott (-90)
    Tevez (-93)
    Zabeleta (-94)
    Larsson (-97)

I'd guess only Larsson will only go down tonight

http://www.fiso.co.uk/crackthecode.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

thunderdog wrote: »
    Up
    Ba
    Sahin

Sahin going up gradually this week so he probably won't go up tonight but Ba might.

Down
    Silva (-90)
    Lescott (-90)
    Tevez (-93)
    Zabeleta (-94)
    Larsson (-97)

I'd guess only Larsson will only go down tonight

http://www.fiso.co.uk/crackthecode.php

Nice one. Have big designs on getting him in soon.

• Advertisement

Tevez up to 93%. Squeaky bum time, hopefully we can at least get through tomorrow night's Int. games before having to make a decision on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

Tevez up to 93%. Squeaky bum time, hopefully we can at least get through tomorrow night's Int. games before having to make a decision on him.

Strange that on the TotalFPL one Tevez is down as only 29%, is one site better then the other at getting it right????

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Thanos wrote: »
    Strange that on the TotalFPL one Tevez is down as only 29%, is one site better then the other at getting it right????
    I would go with Fiso anyway because Total FPL were way off the last time his price dropped.

Bale going up in price tonight. I might just have to go with Cazorla-> Bale

Kevin Nolan is up to 6.7Million. Brilliant! I got him back when he was at 6.0!

Where is this coming from?? Hes at +1658 transfers for the day according to Fiso?? I have contemplated selling him myself due to his price but i just think until i make some ground at least he is essential!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Where is this coming from?? Hes at +1658 transfers for the day according to Fiso?? I have contemplated selling him myself due to his price but i just think until i make some ground at least he is essential!

Look at the date of the post

What an idiot :pac::pac::pac:

Wouldn't mind but looking back i already answered that question myself! ...I'll get me coat!

Anyone else think players are rising a lot quicker this season? I'm almost at 107m and its not even 1/4 way through the season, and this is after losing value on a lot of players like Tevez, Ivanovich etc.

This week alone I've gone up almost 1m.

• Advertisement

Wow, Ba's going down already even though he looks like he could have a full 90' next game and Newcastle have a few good fixtures. What's going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hairy Nipples 87

Wow, Ba's going down already even though he looks like he could have a full 90' next game and Newcastle have a few good fixtures. What's going on?

Pardew also reveals that James Perch will miss next month with a thigh strain. Cabaye doubtful for West Ham, but Ba should be okay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Great stuff. Always had him penciled in to come in for Fletcher this GW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Knee jerk reactions to him being subbed off I'm guessing. I'm keeping him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Fletcher down to -90%. Looks certain for a price-drop overnight

manual_man wrote: »
    Fletcher down to -90%. Looks certain for a price-drop overnight

I might actually hold on to Fletcher. Don't want to upgrade unless its Defoe or Ba and he has a good run of fixtures coming up.

Will need to move things around a bit to upgrade him though, thinking of dumping Nolan...

• Advertisement

I might actually hold on to Fletcher. Don't want to upgrade unless its Defoe or Ba and he has a good run of fixtures coming up.

Will need to move things around a bit to upgrade him though, thinking of dumping Nolan...

I still think Fletch will do well over the course of the season, but he's brought in nothing lately, and two (fairly) tough fixtures ahead forced my hand. Some nice fixtures in the not too distant future though, and you'd fancy Sunderland to find a bit of form at some stage too, so will definitely be on my radar

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

I was hoping Fletcher would not drop in price until tomorrow nite as it would give me a chance to see how he done tomorrow before i made a move on him.

I think i will just leave him as the only one i feel happy about bringing in for him is Ba but that would require a 4 point hit.

Would be some kick in the stones if i made the transfers and Ba played less than 60 mins with no goals and Fletcher got 1 or 2 and a 4 point hit down on top of it. I have been tempted to take points his for the last 2 gameweeks but i decided not to and it was the correct decision.

There are goals in Fletcher but i think he is not getting the service. He had a goal rulled out lastweek for offside.

I'm still surprised at how Sunderland are struggling to create chances. Things just don't seem to be happening for Adam Johnson sadly.

And McClean, Sess and Larsson se to be shadows of their firmer selves.

Fellaini up 0.3 by Tuesday. Madness.

I really need him to get injured/suspended. Or to remember that he's not actually that good.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Fellaini up 0.3 by Tuesday. Madness.

I really need him to get injured/suspended. Or to remember that he's not actually that good.

Stark contrast to Cazorla. Felliani can have a ****e game, score a goal and get 11 points for it in a 1-0 victory. Cazorla can run the show for Arsenal, be a part of everything good they do and still come out with 2 points in a 4-1 win.

Felliani is a very good footballer but a superb FF prospect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,779 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I think roryc might be trying to convince himself rather than everyone else somehow!

FWIW two very astute sports bettors I know were discussing the over/under line for Fellaini goals for the season about six weeks ago and set it at ten. I'd imagine it would be more like 13 now.

keane2097 wrote: »
    I think roryc might be trying to convince himself rather than everyone else somehow!

Yep. It's working too, Fellaini is rubbish. Look at his hair ffs :)

Honestly though, you can't have everyone and you need to make decisions on players. As it stands I'm avoiding Fellaini and hoping to f**k that it pays off.

Yep. It's working too, Fellaini is rubbish. Look at his hair ffs :)

Honestly though, you can't have everyone and you need to make decisions on players. As it stands I'm avoiding Fellaini and hoping to f**k that it pays off.

Although i agree taking points hits is mad, i was convinced not to take the hit last week to bring Suarez and Fellaini in and i winded up on a meager 48 for the week where as if i had brought them in i would have been up at 60+ :rolleyes:

Will be looking to bring both of them in asap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭G1032

Although i agree taking points hits is mad, i was convinced not to take the hit last week to bring Suarez and Fellaini in and i winded up on a meager 48 for the week where as if i had brought them in i would have been up at 60+ :rolleyes:

Will be looking to bring both of them in asap!
    I took a 4 point hit last week, selling Rooney and Bale and buying RVP and Fellaini. It was just so I could get RVP in my team. Came out 10 points better off than if id kept Rooney and Bale.
    Ive taken another hit this week. Suarez and Cameron in for Baines and Long.
    Currently around the 150 mark in boards.ie league. Lots of work ahead to make up some ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

don't make points hits a habit, that's all i'll say.

bringing in Cameron this week for an away game on a points hit is risky, especially with Baines going the other way.

Liverpool aren't high scorers either, even though Suarez is obviously doing everything :D

be careful you're not chasing points.

G1032 wrote: »
    I took a 4 point hit last week, selling Rooney and Bale and buying RVP and Fellaini. It was just so I could get RVP in my team. Came out 10 points better off than if id kept Rooney and Bale.
    Ive taken another hit this week. Suarez and Cameron in for Baines and Long.
    Currently around the 150 mark in boards.ie league. Lots of work ahead to make up some ground.

I generally dont like to take points hits! its hurt me bad in previous seasons! I took one a couple of weeks back and it worked out well and was all set to take one last week but went against my own judgement after some comments from others on here!:rolleyes: Have two transfers this week so have brought in Berbatov and Fellaini. Hopefully get a decent return this week as ive had a fairly average few weeks recently!

My own points hit last week:

Out: Baines (4), Fletcher (2), Bale (2).
    Total: 8 points

In: Gorkks (6), Fellaini (13), RVP (5).
    Total: 24 points

So even with the 8 point hit taken into account, I made a tidy 8 point profit and ended up with Gorkks and Fellaini, two players who have already risen by 0.4 since I brought them in.

Gorkks was the only defender available at 3.9 last gameweek that actually plays so that's what lead me to take the jump. I was left with nothing in the bank having made those moves.

Plenty of people on here moan too much about points hits. I'll readily admit I've taken too many this season and have made more this season than I did in the previous 2 years but they can work and I've seen them come off for people on here like FutureGuy on numerous occasions.

Every team is different and, now and again, after a couple of indifferent weeks, if you feel you can revamp your team with a 4 or 8 point hit then go for it I say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

While points hit decisions should be taken on a case per case basis I would always err on the side of caution.

There's always occasions where they do work out as mentioned above but on average they are more than likely going to cost you points rather than gain you any.

I've taken 0 points so far and hope to maintain that record.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    While points hit decisions should be taken on a case per case basis I would always err on the side of caution.

There's always occasions where they do work out as mentioned above but on average they are more than likely going to cost you points rather than gain you any.

I've taken 0 points so far and hope to maintain that record.
    Just out of interest how many points do you have now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

I'd never take a point hit for a specific gameweek. But I will if a player is rising in value and the plan is to keep him long term. Sometimes with hits you need to look beyond the current gameweek when comparing scores with and without the point hit.

• Advertisement

G1032 wrote: »
    Just out of interest how many points do you have now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

We're in the presence of royalty, 4th in the country.:eek: I'm very new to this, only started after 3 weeks of this year. Do you have form in this game, have you been a contender for silverware in other years?

Oh sweet mother of all that's holy. 120 points ahead of me. Some score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

A 65 average and projected 2470 by end of season. Impressive.
    I wonder if you could beat the magical 2500 mark with a bit of luck...

We're in the presence of royalty, 4th in the country.:eek: I'm very new to this, only started after 3 weeks of this year. Do you have form in this game, have you been a contender for silverware in other years?
    Not really, I think good fortune plays a massive part in bumping your from a top 10,000/20,000 player to a top 100/200 player.

Top 10,000 should be very much achievable with a bit of effort though. Then it's relying on things to go your way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

so it's you that got ahead of me.

:mad:

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

ah here leave it ou!!!!! i thought i was good breaking the 600 barrier

Anyone reckon that Aaron Hughes will ever go up in price??! He has been lingering on 95-96 % for weeks now. Not that it makes a huge amount of difference. I just can't remember a player being so close to 100% for weeks but never increasing

thunderdog wrote: »
    Anyone reckon that Aaron Hughes will ever go up in price??! He has been lingering on 95-96 % for weeks now. Not that it makes a huge amount of difference. I just can't remember a player being so close to 100% for weeks but never increasing

you obviously don't remember the John Ruddy saga

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »
    you obviously don't remember the John Ruddy saga

Ha how could I forget that one!

Advertisement