Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price Rises & Price Trends

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

So basically people just filled their teams with players who scored in the first 3 gws?

sticking with dyer over michu. Too dear now as the 3rd mid if i want a decent strikeforce.

Seems that way ok. I got Michu after GW 1 before any price rise but Dyer hasn't underscored him by much in fairness. Alternative bandwagons will surface in the next few weeks no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

price rises last night for

berbatov
    rvp
    hazard
    cazorla
    mc cauley
    bertrand
    vermaelan

most notable price drop was nasri
    both cisse's dropped aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Hogey007 wrote: »
    price rises last night for

berbatov
    rvp
    hazard
    cazorla
    mc cauley
    bertrand
    vermaelan

most notable price drop was nasri
    both cisse's dropped aswell.

How close is Fletcher to a rise?

Lemlin wrote: »

a good distance away, only on 44%. would need 19,000 more transfers for a rise so unlikely to go up today unless people go crazy with transfers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

He's just under 50% at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

As expected Berbatov went up again last night. Makes my decision to wait until next week before bringing him in a lot easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

roryc wrote: »
    As expected Berbatov went up again last night. Makes my decision to wait until next week before bringing him in a lot easier.

confused :confused:

if his price is rising, why does it make more sense to hold off ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

miller82 wrote: »
    confused :confused:

if his price is rising, why does it make more sense to hold off ???

I was debating taking a 4 point hit to bring him in, but didn't want to make a decision too early in the week. I usually try to wait until the end of the week before making transfers. The fact that he's risen twice already this GW means it would be silly to take a points hit now to bring him in, as I don't have the added benefit of saving 0.2m (i would have had to make the transfers before the Spurs game for this to happen).

I have 7.3m once I sell Pog next week, so even if Berbs rises again before the end of the week it's not really an issue. People can get too fixated on price rises. If you can still afford the player it shouldn't be an issue, and it gives you the freedom to be able to get rid of players a lot easier as you don't have funds tied up in them. Don't take points hits unless the player is a 'must-have' that looks set to move out of your affordable range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭Captain Bob

roryc wrote: »
    Don't take points hits unless the player is a 'must-have' that looks set to move out of your affordable range.

I think the first part: "must-have" is too obvious already, and the second one "looks set to move out of your affordable range" will obvious too for many by the end of the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Fletcher up to 77% now. Hopefully he stays at 7.0 til Friday, nothing worse than getting in a player to avoid a price-rise, only to find out on Friday he's picked up an injury in training or some such

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

A bunch of players gone up tonight:

Jaas
    Ben Arfa
    Fletcher
    Kacanaklic
    Yaya

Kagawa must of went down last night too. Could Fellani or Nolan go up tonight? I'm debating which to get in for Kagawa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Kagawa must of went down last night too. Could Fellani or Nolan go up tonight? I'm debating which to get in for Kagawa.

Have a feeling there could be another run on Fellani this week especially if Kagawa fails to deliver v Liverpool or if Michu holders decide to get impatient and cash in
    To me if you have Baines get Nolan or if no Baines get Fellani...

dahat wrote: »

Have a feeling there could be another run on Fellani this week especially if Kagawa fails to deliver v Liverpool or if Michu holders decide to get impatient and cash in
    To me if you have Baines get Nolan or if no Baines get Fellani...

I have Pienaar and don't have Baines. I can't afford Baines but if I do Kagawa to Nolan that'll leave me enough to change Stevie Taylor to Baines next week.

That said, I'm unsure if Pienaar or Fellaini are the better Everton mid to have and I was thinking about getting both in until I do decide. They have Saints at home next week so both could score heavily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭Invincible

Nolan going up tonight, along with Lambert and Ba, Fellani not enough transfers yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Invincible wrote: »
    Nolan going up tonight, along with Lambert and Ba, Fellani not enough transfers yet.

Surprised to see Ba going up again so soon before he plays tomorrow! Hope he has a crap game ha! Would happily settle for a nice nil all draw so staylor gets the CS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭Invincible

Surprised to see Ba going up again so soon before he plays tomorrow! Hope he has a crap game ha! Would happily settle for a nice nil all draw so staylor gets the CS!

That's it, he could even get injured tomorrow, dodgey bringing in a player for next week before they play this weeks fixture.

Thanks for that. I held off on Nolan anyway. I'll give Kagawa at least today's game to try and redeem himself.

That's it, he could even get injured tomorrow, dodgey bringing in a player for next week before they play this weeks fixture.

what i'm guessing happened there is that a lot of people transferred him in before 11:30 yesterday for this current gw.

obvioulsy more did transfer him in after the gw closed which is a bit silly alright.

Fellaini must have got a lot of transfer late on because he got the price rise.

Baines will probably get a .1 rise today so will need to make up my mind about him after i've seen rafael play today. (can't afford the change if baines rises)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Baines will probably get a .1 rise today so will need to make up my mind about him after i've seen rafael play today. (can't afford the change if baines rises)

Baines has fully justified his price tag so far. And you have to expect there's a few penalties for him along the way too. 9 bp so far is epic - that can really make a difference over the course of a season

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Yeah, raging about that. Played the WC and am looking for a midfielder who will rise .2m. Fellaini now looks most likely but I opted for Nolan (for last night at least) 'cause i didn't think fellaini would go up until tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

That plan is gone,Ba scored again today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Must have been price rises over night. Team has gone up 0.1 is value since making transfer last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

irish-stew wrote: »
    Must have been price rises over night. Team has gone up 0.1 is value since making transfer last night

29/09/2012 03:23 Sunderland Fletcher, Steven FWD 7.4 Price increase from 7.3 to 7.4
    29/09/2012 03:23 West Brom Foster, Ben GKR 5.2 Price increase from 5.1 to 5.2
    29/09/2012 03:23 Everton Howard, Tim GKR 5.6 Price increase from 5.5 to 5.6
    29/09/2012 03:23 Newcastle Ba, Demba FWD 8.0 Price increase from 7.9 to 8
    29/09/2012 03:23 Arsenal Jenkinson, Carl DEF 5.0 Price increase from 4.9 to 5
    29/09/2012 03:23 Liverpool Sterling, Raheem MID 4.7 Price increase from 4.6 to 4.7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ace0x9

zerks wrote: »
    That plan is gone,Ba scored again today.

Twice.

Just noticed there for the first time that Michu's price has fallen drastically! He was almost up at 8 mill at 1 point now hes back down to 6.9mil and set to go down again tonight! FFS missed the boat there! he better get a massive points haul this week to bump his price back up so i can ship him out for someone else!

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Just noticed there for the first time that Michu's price has fallen drastically! He was almost up at 8 mill at 1 point now hes back down to 6.9mil and set to go down again tonight! FFS missed the boat there! he better get a massive points haul this week to bump his price back up so i can ship him out for someone else!
    Dont know where you are getting them figures from. 7.4 was the hightest he ever was, 7.3 now and 7.2 after tonight. The 6.9 is what you will get for him if you were to sell him before tonight.

Steel Dog wrote: »
    Dont know where you are getting them figures from. 7.4 was the hightest he ever was, 7.3 now and 7.2 after tonight. The 6.9 is what you will get for him if you were to sell him before tonight.

Yeah i had a second look after i posted that and realised what was going on there i keep forgetting you dont get the full cost price when you sell! Did he not get upto 7.6 a few of weeks ago?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Yeah i had a second look after i posted that and realised what was going on there i keep forgetting you dont get the full cost price when you sell! Did he not get upto 7.6 a few of weeks ago?

7.4 was the highest he went. You can see in the 'history' tab of the player.

Advertisement