Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Price Rises & Price Trends

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

finding it really hard to make money on this wildcard just switched dzeko to ba there. Even though dzekos going up tonight, ba will go up .2, dzeko isnt attracting much interest surprisingly. OBrien looked nailed on for a .2 but his injury put a stop to that. Marveaux after getting a quick price rise is attracting no interest .Luiz and Azpil not even getting 1,000 transfers a day. Suarez's transfers have really slowed down since Ba's brace yesterday. Was hoping to make .5 profit on OBrien , Marveaux, Azpil, Suarez, Dzeko all players I didnt plan on keeping. Its looking like Ill just make .2 from Ba and Suarez now unless theres a big rush on transfers over the next couple of days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

There won't be a rush until friday, a few of ye seem to be going to savage lengths to make .1m, the vast majority of people either started making their transfers once the window opened or they will wait till the end.
    Dzeko is still a risk because their is no certainty over how long Aguero will be out and Balotelli always seems to find a way back into the reckoning, Ba is a risk also because he is unlikely to play every week and even if he does Torres won't be pushed out into a supporting role,
    To be frank I don't think most people take it as seriously as people who post here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Ba Is going up tonight . Surprised Dzeko didn't go up last night as he was at 100% .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Hazard about to drop tonight making him 0.5m cheaper than Mata. Could be worth the risk if you need the cash elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I did expect few more rises/drops over last week. It seems very quiet there.
    Don't think i will make any cash there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Price rises have gone exactly how i imagined they would. Very slow. Just like any previous time there has been a small break in EPL fixtures. The last round of matches didn't have any real significant performers other than RVP and Suarez who most people would likely already have or can't afford both. I can see most people's wildcard teams set up for the 2 DGW's and then they are stuck with 50+% of their team coming from 2 or 3 teams. Clean up of that will be a bitch. Main reason i held onto my wildcard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Price rises have gone exactly how i imagined they would. Very slow. Just like any previous time there has been a small break in EPL fixtures. The last round of matches didn't have any real significant performers other than RVP and Suarez who most people would likely already have or can't afford both. I can see most people's wildcard teams set up for the 2 DGW's and then they are stuck with 50+% of their team coming from 2 or 3 teams. Clean up of that will be a bitch. Main reason i held onto my wildcard.

that doesn't wash really. clean up can be staightforward and easy once planned properly. depends also how well you are set up for the two double gw's with or without wc. i'm playing my wc and foresee needing to make 2 changes after gw23. no big deal

"50%+ of their team coming from 2 or 3 teams"? You say this like its a bad thing! Having 2 United, 2 Chelsea and 2 Arsenal would qualify as this. Actually, you would struggle to have a decent team without qualifying under this. 63% of my starting 11 for this weekends games come from 3 teams. Struggle to see what clean up is needed?

I expected more movement in prices towards the weekend but this makes absolutely no difference, the idea is not to make money in this WC. Most of us did that in GW4 Wildcard, which set us up nicely for this one. Read through the posts, there's a difference of £5 or £6m between what some managers have to spend this time around. I would have liked to make an extra 0.1 or 0.2m on some players but this is a minor, minor bonus. My team is set up exactly as I want it for the third quarter of the season, with back up plans in place :)

Also, don't underestimate how many people wait until Fri/Sat before a match to make their transfers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

roryc wrote: »
    "50%+ of their team coming from 2 or 3 teams"? You say this like its a bad thing! Having 2 United, 2 Chelsea and 2 Arsenal would qualify as this. Actually, you would struggle to have a decent team without qualifying under this. 63% of my starting 11 for this weekends games come from 3 teams. Struggle to see what clean up is needed?

I think he might have been referring to extra West Ham and Southampton players that might be in there just for the DGWs.

Edit: And actually I'll probably have Ba and Turnbull in there, neither of which I'm certain that I'll want longterm (but I'm not using WC this week, so I can tidy that up after the wildcards)

manual_man wrote: »
    that doesn't wash really. clean up can be staightforward and easy once planned properly. depends also how well you are set up for the two double gw's with or without wc. i'm playing my wc and foresee needing to make 2 changes after gw23. no big deal

I'm seeing wildcard teams not too far from something like this

Begovic - Turnbull
    Luiz/Azpi/Ivanovic - O Brien - Sagna/Gibbs - Clyne - some other cheap player
    Mata/hazard - walcott - cazorla - puncheon - Nolan
    Ba/Torres - RVP - Lambert/Cole/Podolski

Their teams are basically riddled with players from the 2 DGW's. Ain't taking 2 transfers to have a decent team after that. Not when you factor in fixtures and rotation risk. Turnbull will be gone, O Brien is down as injured currently, as is clyne, Mata and Hazard could be rotated, as could Ba and Torres, 2 Arsenal mids is overkill in my opinion.

And i'm not just talking about teams being posted on this site. I'm talking about in general.

• Advertisement

I expected more movement in prices towards the weekend but this makes absolutely no difference, the idea is not to make money in this WC. Most of us did that in GW4 Wildcard, which set us up nicely for this one. Read through the posts, there's a difference of £5 or £6m between what some managers have to spend this time around. I would have liked to make an extra 0.1 or 0.2m on some players but this is a minor, minor bonus. My team is set up exactly as I want it for the third quarter of the season, with back up plans in place :)

Also, don't underestimate how many people wait until Fri/Sat before a match to make their transfers...

Well it can be a bad thing. If you have 3 Chelsea players and 3 Arsenal players like loads of people are doing and both have crap results next game you have just wasted 6 players. There are teams with 3 Arsenal, 3 Chelsea, 2 West Ham and 2 Southampton players. They are teams that will need cleaning up. I'm not talking about teams with Gibbs/Sagna and Walcott/Cazorla and Ivan/Azpi and Mata/Hazard or Ba. Sure i'd qualify under that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I'm seeing wildcard teams not too far from something like this

Begovic - Turnbull
    Luiz/Azpi/Ivanovic - O Brien - Sagna/Gibbs - Clyne - some other cheap player
    Mata/hazard - walcott - cazorla - puncheon - Nolan
    Ba/Torres - RVP - Lambert/Cole/Podolski

Their teams are basically riddled with players from the 2 DGW's. Ain't taking 2 transfers to have a decent team after that. Not when you factor in fixtures and rotation risk. Turnbull will be gone, O Brien is down as injured currently, as is clyne, Mata and Hazard could be rotated, as could Ba and Torres, 2 Arsenal mids is overkill in my opinion.

And i'm not just talking about teams being posted on this site. I'm talking about in general.

well the example you give is overkill. i can give only 2 explanations. 1: somebody doing that is desperate for points/or isn't very good at the game. 2: they still have their other wildcard and plan on using it shortly after

Well it can be a bad thing. If you have 3 Chelsea players and 3 Arsenal players like loads of people are doing and both have crap results next game you have just wasted 6 players. There are teams with 3 Arsenal, 3 Chelsea, 2 West Ham and 2 Southampton players. They are teams that will need cleaning up. I'm not talking about teams with Gibbs/Sagna and Walcott/Cazorla and Ivan/Azpi and Mata/Hazard or Ba. Sure i'd qualify under that.

As mm says below that's an extreme example. The fact is most people already have Arsenal and Chelsea players, regardless of the DGW. They are the in-form teams. Having three from each is fine, although I would really see the point in only having 2 from Arsenal from Gibbs/Sagna and Cazorla/Walcott, although it's a good gamble to have both Caz and Walcott. And then Jassk/West Ham defender and Puncheon/Lambert.

I have 7 players for the DGW's, and had these before the Chelsea game was announced. I could see how a team could have 9 or even 10 players and still not need a 'clean-up' after. I really think you're reading too much into this, it would be different if the DGW teams were West Brom, QPR, Villa etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

I agree having 2 people from Chelsea and Arsenal wont harm your team, then West Ham have a lot of cheap defenders and Nolan in midfield is always attacking. Southampton have Puncheon and Lambert, would stay away from defenders, Chelsea may run riot again.

As mm says below that's an extreme example. The fact is most people already have Arsenal and Chelsea players, regardless of the DGW. They are the in-form teams. Having three from each is fine, although I would really see the point in only having 2 from Arsenal from Gibbs/Sagna and Cazorla/Walcott, although it's a good gamble to have both Caz and Walcott. And then Jassk/West Ham defender and Puncheon/Lambert.

I have 7 players for the DGW's, and had these before the Chelsea game was announced. I could see how a team could have 9 or even 10 players and still not need a 'clean-up' after. I really think you're reading too much into this, it would be different if the DGW teams were West Brom, QPR, Villa etc.

I don't think i'm reading too much into it. There's nothing to read into. A team either has loads of DGW players or it doesn't. You say that MM said it was an extreme example but then you say a team could have 10 players and not need a clean up.

Begovic Jussi
    Gibbs Azpi Demel Nelsen Davies
    Cazorla Walcott Mata Nolan Michu
    Rvp Lambert Ba

That's a fairly common enough looking team. Every second team on FFS is similar.

I wouldn't be overly happy with that team after the DGW's. This is all my opinion, to me double coverage in West Ham defense is too much. Azpi could very well lose out on a spot once Terry is back which could be even this weekend. Cazorla and Walcott is Arsenal overkill. Not when you could have Bale, Fellaini, Silva etc in there. Nolan hasn't done a thing in 9 game weeks. There are better options that Lambert and surely with a team like the above there is money left over to upgrade. Ba while a great FF player could be rotated with Torres.

In my opinion, a team like above could very well need a bit of work after the DGW's.

Fellaini's 8 days of protection has ended . So he's able to rise now .

Bale should be another day or 2 before he can rise.

Begovic Jussi
    Gibbs Azpi Demel Nelsen Davies
    Cazorla Walcott Mata Nolan Michu
    Rvp Lambert Ba

In my opinion, a team like above could very well need a bit of work after the DGW's.

I agree a team like above would definitely need work, but I think again you're using an extreme example. I don't think many would use the Wildcard and still have players like Nolan and Cazorla in their teams. If they do, then I'm in agreement with you. But it's pointless arguing cases against them when you have put forth the case in the first place, I really doubt many WC teams will have Nolan.

Having a West Ham defender + keeper is fine, a lot of people have had this all season. Jussi has been a solid keeper and for a 4m defender Demel is worth the risk purely because of the DGW. You shouldn't need to use your third choice sub too often and the fact that you can get a DGW out of someone who should be solid anyway is a worthwhile risk.

Absolutely nothing wrong with three Chelsea players imo. Agreed on Azpil, but Luiz will keep his place, and then Hazard/Mata + Ba/Torres. I'll probably gamble on Turnbull if he looks set to play both of the DGW matches.

As for Arsenal, I think two players is enough with Gibbs + Walcott being the obvious choices. Three is a bit much with Podolski etc.

Then for Southampton, Puncheon is in most teams anyway but I can understand gambling on Lambert as third striker if you can afford him.

See below example, do you see anything that would need urgent fixing after this weeks games? This would have 9/11 players playing a DGW, I see nothing wrong with this. FYI most people will have Jaask since the start so he won't be 5.3m. I also have 0.5m to work with on top of this.

2cy3ygp.jpg

2cy3ygp.jpg

Maybe it's a matter of preference but after the DGW week i'd be looking to get out Luiz, either O Brien or Jaask, Ba and Lambert.

I know some people have doubled up on West Ham but 1 clean sheet in the past 10 games isn't exactly a reason for doubling up on them. Not when you could have had a Reading player for example in there for cheaper and availed of 3 extra clean sheets in that time period.

For me, having my cheap defenders rotate well home/away is important. I have 2 strong defenders and rotate my 3rd defender with the home fixture.

I would not have a front 3 of RVP Ba and Lambert. Would be too painful watching Suarez playing every week without him. I don't think Sturridge will affect him too much. Whereas Ba on the other hand is a doubt for the full 90 every week. I'd prefer to do without him for the time being and watch how the situation plays out. I'd probably look to get in Berbatov who should score more with Ruiz back. Or Tevez if he can recreate point returns like he did in Aguero's absence earlier in the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

demba ba went up .1 last night, his second price rise of this gw, he's on 52% now for today, so hoping he gets to 100% by tonight so that he's up .3 for the week and then surely with all the people making their transfers in the morning it'll push him close to or over the 100% again tomorrow and will immediatedly get another price rise (as it's a new gw) meaning that even if the dgw gamble doesn't work out or him i can sell him for .2 profit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

RVP also went up - didn't expect that.
    If Ba will rise again this will be nice. All depends on his performance this week i guess? Or purely on transfers in?

edit - Ba went up again to 8.8!!! Sooner than we thought!

wonski wrote: »
    RVP also went up - didn't expect that.
    If Ba will rise again this will be nice. All depends on his performance this week i guess? Or purely on transfers in?

edit - Ba went up again to 8.8!!! Sooner than we thought!

It's transfers in . Performances having no bearing at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Is Lukaku near a rise folks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

he will rise tonight for sure. already at 105%

darego wrote: »
    he will rise tonight for sure. already at 105%

Grand job. Was going to wait to bring him in for Torres but think I'll go ahead and do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

got him in myself until Aguero is up and running. should get the .2 rise out of him once he scores against villa this weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

risky, he could pick up a knock during the week

as could a lot of players

S.M.B. wrote: »
    risky, he could pick up a knock during the week

as could a lot of players

Indeed he could but I'll hedge my bets. That's why I've Puncheon!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

aguero dropped to 10.9 last night really hope hes back this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Can someone help me, can ya tell me when do people think carzola and whilshire will rise are they close?

http://www.fiso.co.uk/crackthecode.php

Wilshere is on 58% with about 20% of that coming from today alone. Its possible, but unlikely he'll rise before Saturday.

Cazorla is dropping, but won't go down before Saturday.

• Advertisement

http://www.fiso.co.uk/crackthecode.php

Wilshere is on 58% with about 20% of that coming from today alone. Its possible, but unlikely he'll rise before Saturday.

Cazorla is dropping, but won't go down before Saturday.
    There my transfers for the dgw so think I'll hold for another day. Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

There my transfers for the dgw so think I'll hold for another day. Cheers

no transfers until we know more about the weather lads.

seriously!

SlickRic wrote: »
    no transfers until we know more about the weather lads.

seriously!

Agreed, crazy to even consider it. If the Arsenal Chelsea game is called off I'll lose 5 players.

I would assume the bigger clubs have better facilities to counteract snow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Agreed, crazy to even consider it. If the Arsenal Chelsea game is called off I'll lose 5 players.

It was mentioned in another thread, but it's not so much to do with the pitches, but rather the surrounding areas of the stadium. The big worry is fans travelling in hazardous weather, injuring themselves on ice and so on.

That's why I was asking, I wanted to know how much time I had to make a decision on the transfers because I have the exact amount of money for them.

I hope the double game week doesn't play tbh,

podoslski and gibbs going up tonight but as already mentioned it's better to find out about the games going ahead. even if it means paying an extra .1.

plus most of us bringing in arsenal players are only doing so for the dgw and will be selling them the week after so a price rise won't affect us (unless you can't afford them after the rise)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Hogey007 wrote: »
    podoslski and gibbs going up tonight but as already mentioned it's better to find out about the games going ahead. even if it means paying an extra .1.

plus most of us bringing in arsenal players are only doing so for the dgw and will be selling them the week after so a price rise won't affect us (unless you can't afford them after the rise)

Walcotts up to 89% now too. Outside chance of going up tonight also? Some people obviously not waiting for weather updates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Walcotts up to 89% now too. Outside chance of going up tonight also? Some people obviously not waiting for weather updates.

Chances are at least 1 of the arsenal games will go ahead...

Chances are at least 1 of the arsenal games will go ahead...

yes, but you might have transferred out someone who's game is going ahead, and if 2 or 3 games were called off you might have a depleted team and that player you transfered out for walcott might now have been very useful.

defoe set to drop in price again tonight, that's good news because i might potentially swap him for ba now that adebayor is gone for a bit, will see how defoe and ba fare out tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Bale close to a price drop. Hopefully he does nothing against united and drops before i bring him in. Although normally my relationship with monkey boy doesn't work out like that.

qwabercd wrote: »
    Bale close to a price drop. Hopefully he does nothing against united and drops before i bring him in. Although normally my relationship with monkey boy doesn't work out like that.

was only looking at him myself, he reached 92% for a drop but now he seems to be picking up transfers in so doesn't look like he'll get the drop unless as you say he has a poor game against united.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

i bought zab for 5.8 and now he's gone up to 6.0 but he's still at 5.8 for me? need some help here: will his price update?

You sure you didn't get him at 5.7m ?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

Jax Teller wrote: »
    You sure you didn't get him at 5.7m ?

i brought him in after gw 17...im not quite sure now but i guess i did...

jolim24601 wrote: »
    i brought him in after gw 17...im not quite sure now but i guess i did...

when you're on the transfers screen hit the data view tab and it'll tell you what you paid for him.

Any sign of silva rising soon?Have just the right amount for him and want to get him in for his game against qpr,but want to wait till after the games tonight for it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Any sign of silva rising soon?Have just the right amount for him and want to get him in for his game against qpr,but want to wait till after the games tonight for it?!

But prices don't rise until around 2.30am afaik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭Invincible

RIALTO1 wrote: »

But prices don't rise until around 2.30am afaik

Sometimes at 2.20am, so 2.00am update is the optimal time to transfer.

• Advertisement

Bale at 92% towards a price drop, moving very slowly though so might last the GW. No idea why people are getting rid of him, he's joint 2nd top goalscoring midfielder after Michu and has more goals than Lampard, Mata, Fellaini, Cazorla, Hazard, Gerrard, Rooney, Tevez, Aguero, Berbatov, Torres, etc, etc. I'll be holding on to him. Norwich, West Brom, Newcastle and West Hame up next. Would be amazed if he doesn't score at least a couple of goals/assists.

Ba is more likely to drop, 87% and moving fast. If he plays at the weekend he's likely to be dropped for the Reading game. I've just dumped him so would be happy to see him miss and game and his value plummet.

Advertisement