Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible to block numbers on iphone

Options
  • 20-08-2012 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to block a number so I can prevent someone from calling and texting me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Is it possible to block a number so I can prevent someone from calling and texting me?

Call your networks customer care line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

There are apps available for blocking numbers on iphone however if you want an easier option it depends on your network.

O2 will only let you block text messages not calls or private numbers.

Vodafone have software but it depends on your phone make/model.

Three - I'm not sure.

Emobile/Meteor will block at request. It depends who you're speaking with though.

Sometimes they want a Garda report number which is absolutely absurd unless you're feeling like you're being harassed as opposed to unsolicited calls. If it is harassment however you should definitely report it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

Not on an iPhone, but Mrs Zag accidentally (or so she tells me) set my contact to block on her phone. Every time I rang her it would just go straight to voicemail, while for others the phone would ring as normal.

Given that with your email client you can tell it to dump mails from certani senders, move others to this folder, forward others on if they are received between certain hours, etc . . . it's crazy that phones don't have similar configurations on them.

z

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

zagmund wrote: »

z

Android does and has for a good while AFAIK. Three taps and every call gets sent to voicemail.

Advertisement