Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC On Field Gossip & Rumour Thread 2017 Mod Note in OP(Updated 14/08)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

FT 0-0. Really good performance by the lads today, the second half was excellent. Would have been happy with the draw before kick off but we could have won that in the second half. Notable mention to Bates who was excellent when he came on and Candeias who was my MOTM.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Should have really won that game, that second half was something else.

Magic Hat sacked by Forest along with David Weir!

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Magic Hat sacked by Forest along with David Weir!

Yeah, lost at home to Sunderland yesterday. Was just looking at their stats for the season and they've only drawn one league game, out of 25 played, which is bizarre. Must be adopting his 'win or bust' style of play, with no plan 'b'.

Seems we're after Murphy from Brighton.
    £1m is being mentioned as a fee. Maybe offload Pena and Herrera in the meantime (although I'm still of the belief that Pena might come good).

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/01/02/report-glasgow-rangers-close-to-sealing-jamie-murphy-deal/

• Advertisement

We've got Sean Goss on loan apparently.

I have literally never heard of this guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭polarbearhead

Jelle1880 wrote: »

Was he in Bros?

Jelle1880 wrote: »

Just read up on him. Came to QPR from Man United. Didn't do much at QPR by the looks of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Murphy having his medical 1 million rising to 1.4 seemingly

• Advertisement

Always think of him in that United team from the late 70s, with the long ginger hair!

Hearing Nacho has had a heart attach after playing in the masters in Germany. 38 years of age hope he gets better soon if this is true

Hearing Nacho has had a heart attach after playing in the masters in Germany. 38 years of age hope he gets better soon if this is true

Looks like it was only a minor one but shocking all the same. Hope he gets well soon. Found this piece on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

Bookies suspending betting on rangers to be relegated - heavy rumours of serious cashflow problems doing the rounds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

bobmalooka wrote: »
    Bookies suspending betting on rangers to be relegated - heavy rumours of serious cashflow problems doing the rounds

Don’t think they are rumours of cash flow problems. The accounts show that they are cash poor. Bookies also suspended betting on an administration.

The same bookies that suspended betting on Van Persie and Alex McLeish joining Rangers.

Almost as if some people lumped money on it.

Pena away to Cruz Azul apparently.

I wanted him to do well, but it just didn't work out at all.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/academy-news/academy-welcomes-new-coaches/

KT and Gregory Vignal back as coaches at the youth academy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Great idea to have a memorial but those plans look ugly in my view, too much concrete. Why has it taken so long for a memorial?

• Advertisement

Great idea to have a memorial but those plans look ugly in my view, too much concrete. Why has it taken so long for a memorial?

Firstly there has been a memorial for along time. Ie what is known as the John Greig statue is actually the memorial. Fans have been calling for something more for some time now. That is an artists impression willing to bet it changes before it is done especially as there is going to be a area where fans ashes can be scattered

Great idea to have a memorial but those plans look ugly in my view, too much concrete.

I'd imagine that the artists impression will be revised a number of time before the memorial is signed off.

Starting line up tonight

RANGERS STARTING XI (4-2-3-1): Foderingham; Tavernier, D. Wilson, Cardoso, John; Holt, Kranjcar; O’Halloran, Windass, Dalcio; Herrera.

Subs: Kelly, Hodson, Bates, A. Wilson, Goss, Halliday, Murphy, Candeias, Morelos, Atakayi, Barjonas.

We're gonna win the cup lads.

Cummings on loan for 6 months with an option to buy.
    Tyler Roberts and Kenny McLean on pre-contracts for this summer.
    Russell Martin is heavily linked in the papers and supposedly in for a medical today.

Cummings and Morelos, deary me.

So Jason Cummings signs on a six month loan deal with an option to buy. Also Russel Martin loan deal agreed and travels up to get his medical tomorrow

That’s Martin confirmed until the end of the season

That’s Martin confirmed until the end of the season

Beat me to it. Good addition, have seen him play in the flesh before and he looked like a very tidy player. Be interesting to see how he fares.

Game off rearranged for the 31st January. So the game against Partick Thistle will have to be rearranged

• Advertisement

Ayr United v Fraserburgh or Rangers in the next round of the cup. Another away tie.

FT 2-0. Hard to find fault in that tonight. Sat back for the last 15 mins but that's all I can think of. Solid performance all round, clean sheet and some nice football. Looking good for second place playing like this.

Berserker wrote: »
    FT 2-0. Hard to find fault in that tonight. Sat back for the last 15 mins but that's all I can think of. Solid performance all round, clean sheet and some nice football. Looking good for second place playing like this.

I am over in a Glasgow just now was at Ibrox tonight. Pretty much summed it up there would add I though Tav and Fod were outstanding also Goss looks very assured. Russell Martin was calm and collected as far as I could see he made one error when he got caught under a ball. His distribution was good as well. All in a good night

I am over in a Glasgow just now was at Ibrox tonight. Pretty much summed it up there would add I though Tav and Fod were outstanding also Goss looks very assured. Russell Martin was calm and collected as far as I could see he made one error when he got caught under a ball. His distribution was good as well. All in a good night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Serious question: How many years before you will be challenging for first place? Or are you only concentrating on second for the foreseeable future?

Football fans are notoriously optimistic, so what's your best guess (assuming there are no more administrative/financial "glitches" resulting in relegation)?

Serious question: How many years before you will be challenging for first place? Or are you only concentrating on second for the foreseeable future?

Football fans are notoriously optimistic, so what's your best guess (assuming there are no more administrative/financial "glitches" resulting in relegation)?[/quote]

Firstly don’t believe the nonsense you are reading about admin and associated rubbish.
    Secondly anyone who puts a difinitative timescale on the team challenging for first is silly. I will say I believe it will happen sooner than later but even that depends on certain factors. Will Murty price he is the answer long term if he is great. If not then a new manager is going to to change things and it’s start again

• Advertisement

Football fans are notoriously optimistic, so what's your best guess (assuming there are no more administrative/financial "glitches" resulting in relegation)?[/quote]

Firstly don’t believe the nonsense you are reading about admin and associated rubbish.
    Secondly anyone who puts a difinitative timescale on the team challenging for first is silly. I will say I believe it will happen sooner than later but even that depends on certain factors. Will Murty price he is the answer long term if he is great. If not then a new manager is going to to change things and it’s start again

Really hard to make a call on that but I think we'll be realistic contenders in the not too distant future. I believe that we're moving in the right direction now and in Murty we have a long term manager who can develop the team into a title challenging side. He's a young manager, who is still learning his trade, so there are going to be bumps in the road but with the backing of the club, I think he'll get us back to the top of the table. Sorry not being more exact but it's very hard to give you a number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Really hard to make a call on that but I think we'll be realistic contenders in the not too distant future. I believe that we're moving in the right direction now and in Murty we have a long term manager who can develop the team into a title challenging side. He's a young manager, who is still learning his trade, so there are going to be bumps in the road but with the backing of the club, I think he'll get us back to the top of the table. Sorry not being more exact but it's very hard to give you a number.

Long term? He has a contract til the summer.

If he is successful in sensible terms he will get a contract for example if he wins on Sunday he equals what WS did in his first 20 games

No reason why he won't get an extension or new contract. What's a contract worth these days, anyway?

• Advertisement

Glad to see Cummings grab his goal minutes after he came on.

Easy enough win, if it wasn't for that ref trying to get the attention with that nonsensical penalty call.

Three points today please. Starting XI.

DVHaSy-X4AAjvC4.jpg

Hate Lennon and hibs!

Hate Lennon and hibs!

Had a horrible feeling about the game today and I was right. Criminal to conceded so soon after we equalized.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Hate Lennon and hibs!

Hmmmmmm..............I wonder why :rolleyes:

Same team as Saturday except Cummings comes in for Morelos who drops to the bench and Miller is also on the bench

0-1 Windass. First piece of real quality in that half and we score.

0-2 FT. Played better in the second half.

Team for today v Ayr

RANGERS: Foderingham; Tavernier, Martin, Bates, John; Goss, Docherty, Murphy, Windass; Morelos, Cummings.

SUBS: Kelly, Cardoso, Herrera, Miller, Halliday, Holt, Candeias.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brilou23

Not a rangers fan but morelos looks a bargain.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement